Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) MegaDork
7/12/20 8:01 p.m.

Given the build threads I'm seeing pop up, I figured why not start a thread to enable people?

Link to Facebook ad  $1000 in Waxhaw, NC

Up for sale is my boat project I took on a little bit ago. Boat is a 1960s hydrodyne fully fiberglass that had a 75hp Mercury 6cyl 2 stroke engine on it. I then bought a wrecked boat for a nice newer galvanized trailer, a great running 65hp Evinrude engine, fuel system, boat cover, all the the wiring and throttle components, and the title/vin tag. Boat would make a great project for someone wanting to take it on or great for parts if someone needs a trailer and motor in great condition. Trailer even has new tires. Message me for more information on whole lot or may even part it out.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
7/13/20 6:46 a.m.

Nice boat.  They say those old Johnson outboards are hard to kill.  I wonder if it's really dead....

https://richmond.craigslist.org/boa/d/farmville-criss-craft-seahawk-18-foot/7157983867.html

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/13/20 6:55 a.m.
1988RedT2 said:

Nice boat.  They say those old Johnson outboards are hard to kill.  I wonder if it's really dead....

(I can't see the ad on my work computer)

In this case, dead may mean parts availability is too much of a PITA and we're calling it dead. I don't  think there is anything on those engines that can't be repaired or replaced, but at a certain point it is too much of a hassle. We experienced that with an 82 Merc that honestly was wonderful, never gave us any problems, but it got to the point that any time we needed to do anything to it beyond changing the lower unit oil, it was either too much money or it took too long to get the part, if we could find it at all. 

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
7/13/20 7:30 a.m.

In reply to mtn (Forum Supporter) :

Yeah, could be.  I've got a 1983 Johnson 90 2-stroke on my boat, and my local guy has been very good with parts.  Granted, it hasn't needed a whole lot, (knock on wood).

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/13/20 9:02 a.m.

This one is a work of true ambition. And insanity.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/317338962619223

This one was shared on a facebook group by a member here - if the member reads it, I wasn't stalking you, I just happen to (a) know your real name because of real-life interactions, and (b) am also a member of the same group. Internet is creepy, so I'm not sharing more than that. 

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
7/13/20 9:09 a.m.

Wow. And is that a mannequin in the background?

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
7/13/20 9:28 a.m.

It's a canoe!  It's a house!  It's a house-canoe?

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
7/13/20 9:54 a.m.

I'm looking for a deckboat.    anyone have one?

hotlink for attention:

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) MegaDork
7/13/20 11:56 a.m.

I'm looking for a 12-15' fiberglass boat in NC to use as a basis for a jet boat build, so the less expensive the better. The two prime candidates I've found so far sold quickly.

I'll consider aluminum (easier to find) but I've got some ongoing questions about bonding fiberglass to aluminum, and I'm not nearly a good enough welder to trust any welding I did to be waterproof.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
7/13/20 8:48 p.m.

Bwahahaa.. 

That thing is insane..

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
7/13/20 9:13 p.m.
nderwater said:

Wow. And is that a mannequin in the background?

Needs an LS swap.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
clb0mQyewcZsk4mMPEIyrZn9wLymmAJMxS0r7vnMIXSKcgseRMF8A7HacjRZM9VR