1 2
Knurled
Knurled PowerDork
1/29/14 12:43 p.m.
EvanB wrote: Someone forgot to turn off the rear fog light?

You mean "look at all these knobs and switches, golly I don't know what they do but they sure do look neat"

I've SEEN people get in a car and immediately poke around and turn everything on because BUTTONS.

Knurled
Knurled PowerDork
1/29/14 12:45 p.m.
moparman76_69 wrote: People around here have no idea how to use fog lights. They leave them on all the time, especially the brodozers and white trash specials*. I can only imagine a car with a rear fog. People would probably die.

I'm convinced that Olds Auroras have the rear fogs hardwired on.

And I DID see someone install dorky little PIAA driving/fog/useless lights on his Ranger... hard wired to ignition hot. No switch. Any time the car was on, those lights were on.

Ditchdigger
Ditchdigger UltraDork
1/29/14 3:26 p.m.

Go to any Mustang forum and search for foglights. Terabytes of threads on how to keep them on at all times because they look badass, and tons of complaints that when they do have them on people are always flashing them and sometimes they get pulled over for it.

Lets see. Your lighting is distracting other drivers enough that they need to indicate that to you and the cops go ahead and let you know that it is also illegal, but leave 'em on because it looks cool. Safety of others be damned.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
1/29/14 4:59 p.m.
Knurled wrote:
moparman76_69 wrote: People around here have no idea how to use fog lights. They leave them on all the time, especially the brodozers and white trash specials*. I can only imagine a car with a rear fog. People would probably die.
I'm convinced that Olds Auroras have the rear fogs hardwired on. And I DID see someone install dorky little PIAA driving/fog/useless lights on his Ranger... hard wired to ignition hot. No switch. Any time the car was on, those lights were on.

maybe he wanted the whole Canada safety lights thing?

windsordeluxe
windsordeluxe New Reader
1/29/14 5:17 p.m.
Woody wrote: Volvo owners have always bee the biggest rear fog light offenders.

The 240s have a provision for a fog light on the passenger side as well. I wired both sockets to illuminate with my brake lights. With all the red-light cameras around here, you need to get the attention of the driver behind you.

Hal
Hal SuperDork
1/29/14 6:52 p.m.
Duke wrote: In semi-fairness, the rear fogs do not always have a separate switch. In fact, most I have seen come on with the regular fogs.

On my 2010 Transit Connect you switch on the rear fogs by turning the light switch to headlights and then pulling out on the switch knob. In 2011 they made front fogs available and the switch was changed to have 2 stops when pulled out. The first stop turns on the front fogs and the second gives both front and rear.

Hal
Hal SuperDork
1/29/14 6:56 p.m.
nepa03focus wrote:
Hal wrote: My 2010 Transit Connect came with the rear fogs but no front fog lights. Like dculberson I kept pulling out the switch. It was a sort of automatic action since my Focus has the front fogs and I always use them. Then one evening the wife asked me why I had two tail lights on each side!!
I drive a transit for work and never knew wtf happened when you pulled out the hl switch since no front fogs!!! Now I know thank you sir

And if you want to have daytime running lights all you have to do is put the relay in the correct slot. Typical Ford, all but one part for numerous options is in every vehicle. Like if you want interval wipers on an early Focus all you have to get is the interval wiper switch.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BkxqIivu8AWuTk3OamapLk0t0KWHat3Ce9CKAJlx7CMUyugZbLHzpRL2Vz1ejnil