1 2 3
EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
7/7/22 10:46 a.m.

In reply to Slippery :

This makes the font look more like a honda civic logo. I don't dislike it. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/7/22 10:56 a.m.

Dr. Prius is the name of a very popular obd2 app. 

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
7/7/22 11:01 a.m.
EvanB said:

In reply to Slippery :

This makes the font look more like a honda civic logo. I don't dislike it. 

I was thinking more of putting spaces between each letter instead of stretching the font. If that makes sense.

EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
7/7/22 11:12 a.m.

In reply to Slippery :

Trying multiple things at once:

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
7/7/22 3:27 p.m.

Judas Prius

If you're iscariot the dealer repair pricing call me

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/7/22 4:22 p.m.

I like the QR code but I don't want it as my sole means.  I think it relies too much on a savvy customer.  Yes, I know it's easy and to a young crowd its the easy/lazy answer.  For an older crowd, its less than perfect.  

I am reminded of the $500 Prius I bought after I watched it sit in her driveway for 2 years.  That lady of about 60 yrs old did not strike me as the QR code crowd.  That car at 200k had a broken speedometer/dashboard and the dealership wanted $2k.  Instead, she bought a replacement Prius.  

That then makes me wonder if I should change the "we buy broken Prius" to "we haul scrap Prius".  Does this more set the tone of, "we'll make that problem go away" more than "you'll get rich off us selling your broken Prius"?  

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
7/7/22 4:29 p.m.

You can have the QR code on the backside of the card pointing to a website. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
7/7/22 8:53 p.m.
Tom Suddard said:

Has anybody suggested "Dr. Prius" yet? 

I did

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
7/7/22 9:02 p.m.
John Welsh said:

Dr. Prius is the name of a very popular obd2 app. 

In replay to SVRex.

The name is already taken and known in the Prius community.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork

In reply to John Welsh :

I was thinking just dropping the word "broken".  You might get some sellers that'll sell below market on a running car just to hit the easy button.

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork

John, good luck with your endeavor.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
7/7/22 9:26 p.m.

The Prius Pirate!

We find the treasure within every Prius. Buy, sell and repair all generations.

Don't let any scoundrels fix your Prius--set sail with the PP today!

Then put a treasure map with your address. 

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
7/7/22 9:27 p.m.

On a helpful note, there might be something to learn from this business:

http://www.tampahybrids.com

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane UltraDork
7/7/22 10:27 p.m.

Just for reference, I just paid $28 for 250 cards from Vistaprint that have front, back, rounded corners and thicker/glossy stock so they feel pretty professional.

Edit, sorry the lighting is pretty bad here..  here's what it looks like I'm better lighting (but I only have the front):

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/8/22 3:26 p.m.

Some more thoughts...

I like this card:

In the lowest section where, "We also.." is, I think instead:

Prius not running?  House calls available. 
Low-cost to no-cost diagnosis.   (however that best fits, either one line or two.  Font doesn't need to be large.)  

I think this might hit my real goal in that I just want people calling me, first, with their non-runners or broken Prius.  Based on their location/distance I'll have some diagnostic rate but I'll be happy to waive that fee (deduct that fee) if you would like me to take over ownership, purchase the car.  

Scott_H
Scott_H Reader
7/8/22 5:12 p.m.

Not to be the wet blanket here but "Prius" is a trademarked name.  If it is part of your business' name and then gets noticed by Toyota, and it will, you will get a cease and desist letter.  

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
7/9/22 8:26 a.m.

In reply to Scott_H :

That may be true. Although it shouldn't stop John doing exactly what he is doing, or from having it in his business card. 

My daughter has a business that was called "AirBnB Made Simple". She got a cease and desist order from AirBnB.  She changed her business name to "BnB Made Simple".  The nature of her business didn't  change at all- she still manages AirBnBs, and counsels people in running them. 

John is in the business of repairing Priuses.  I don't think he can say that many other ways. The business may legally be called "John's Repairs", but that doesn't have to appear anywhere in print.  "Prius" probably does.

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
7/9/22 1:27 p.m.

There's a Porsche guy in my area who calls himself "Dr. 911" 

Has a funky painted microbus and everything. 

Scott_H
Scott_H Reader
7/10/22 7:18 p.m.
SV reX said:

In reply to Scott_H :

That may be true. Although it shouldn't stop John doing exactly what he is doing, or from having it in his business card. 

My daughter has a business that was called "AirBnB Made Simple". She got a cease and desist order from AirBnB.  She changed her business name to "BnB Made Simple".  The nature of her business didn't  change at all- she still manages AirBnBs, and counsels people in running them. 

John is in the business of repairing Priuses.  I don't think he can say that many other ways. The business may legally be called "John's Repairs", but that doesn't have to appear anywhere in print.  "Prius" probably does.

Very true.  Something Like:

"Hybrid Drives"
Independent repair of your Prius

**not affiliated with Toyota (at the very bottom)

If you can repair a Prius, you can repair the Camry hybrid, CT200h, HS200h, etc.

triumph7
triumph7 HalfDork
7/10/22 9:38 p.m.

I used to know a guy in California that worked under the name "Reprius"

reprius.com

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yusH6vp3ym9e5seLJIH8ix5ZdjiU5B8PLHEQMfyPUhbfGVDTuWQRT5YD1dqEIzU4