SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
12/30/13 5:53 p.m.

I pulled up along the side of a car carrier carrying various GM vehicles and there were two brand new Cadillac XTS sitting on the back. My wife says: "Are those Cadillacs???" I respond yes. She then proceeds to tell me that she could see herself driving one of those and she would drive the hell out of it, etc.

I like them, I think they look sharp, but go figure, the wife likes the expensive stuff.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UltraDork
12/30/13 5:56 p.m.

I don't really dig them. I don't get the huge FWD car thing Cadillac likes dipping into occasionally.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
12/30/13 5:59 p.m.

To me, when things start getting big, floaty, and boaty, I don't think the drivetrain configuration makes a huge difference. Plus they do come AWD.

calteg
calteg Reader
12/30/13 6:03 p.m.

I can't afford anything that bills itself as a luxury car nowadays. I'll care in 10 years when I can afford one.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
12/31/13 4:41 a.m.

I couldn't either, I just laughed at how my wife's reaction was that it was a Cadillac. I do think they look good. The AWD Twin Turbo V6 XTS sounds pretty awesome.

Mmadness
Mmadness Reader
12/31/13 11:26 a.m.

For the money, I would buy a Chevy Impala. For $20,000 less the interior is almost as nice and it comes with real buttons rather than Cadillac's CUE. It isn't as powerful, but I don't see the need for 420hp in a car like that.

xflowgolf
xflowgolf HalfDork
12/31/13 12:22 p.m.

Three guys at my work have them and love them. If you're comparing them to the Impala you're doing it wrong, (though you're doing it GRM;), compared to any of the furrin luxury they're a bargain.

Agreed once a floaty boat is the ride of a choice, a fwd based awd system is perfectly adequate. They do have a unique look to them and look sharp.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
12/31/13 8:25 p.m.

In reply to Mmadness:

I would definitely want 410hp in a car that has a curb weight a little North of 4200 lbs.

I think they look sharp. Cadillac definitely has found their place with the design. The rear end looks like a Cadillac to me.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
12/31/13 8:47 p.m.

Wait a few months and see how she feels about the new V.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EnAiGaCnovealgdowArBxRlpc1dPR2NQiPZeAnQB2LzVndRBd3FMCt3R1EX28YYz