1 2 3
84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
1/19/21 7:26 a.m.

My buddies and I have a standing bit about the Sunday morning Church of Vdub...  Admittedly this is due to the fact that old Vdubs always nneed attention...

Count me in for the service as long as it involves a safe E85 approximation at Communion.

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
1/19/21 7:37 a.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Yes, this was the first thing that popped into my head. 

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/19/21 7:41 a.m.

...pretty sure the IRS would not be supportive of the existence of a church whose primary stated reason for existence is tax evasion...

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo Mod Squad
1/19/21 7:46 a.m.

In reply to SVreX (Forum Supporter) :

I'm not so sure:

looks like it's not in existence anymore, though:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_Perpetual_Exemption#Dissolution

actually, that show's got a pretty good list of requirements... and you're probably not all that far off of it.

edited to fix facts and tone

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
1/19/21 8:11 a.m.

Yep.  Also, you don't need to state that it's reason for existence is tax exemption.

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/19/21 8:16 a.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

Agreed. 

But Stampie came painfully close in his first post. 

You and I are saying the same thing.  

Gonna have to learn how to package and present it better...

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
1/19/21 8:36 a.m.
SVreX (Forum Supporter) said:

...pretty sure the IRS would not be supportive of the existence of a church whose primary stated reason for existence is tax evasion...

I've been here too long.  I had to read this twice trying to figure out why "independent rear suspension" would care about my tax status.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/19/21 8:49 a.m.
PMRacing said:

What happened to the Church of the Holy Cone?

Drag racers do not agree with their commandments and we prefer to celebrate with christmas trees

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
1/19/21 9:45 a.m.

There's a Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster( may his noodly appendage touch us all R'amen) so I can't see why a car based religion can't exist too

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
1/19/21 11:27 a.m.

I'm in. Time to change my aetheist ways right?

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/19/21 11:37 a.m.
1 “I am the lord your Golf, who brought you out of the land of learner's permits, out of the garage of anticipation. You shall have no other Golfs before Me.
2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved corner without oversteer For I, encouraging the fathers to introduce hooning on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who worship by keeping My Commandments.
3 “You shall not take the name of the track spotter in vain, for the judges will not hold him guiltless who takes a cone unto his splitter.
4 “Remember the HPDE day, and keep it holy. Six years you shall labor and do all your work on your track day car, but the HPDE day is the Sabbath. 
5 “Honor your father and your mother, for they may have bought you your first car and drove you to the testing center where your holy license was bestowed upon you
6 “You shall not murder cones without a time penalty.
7 “You shall not lay with your teammate's spouse.
8 “You shall not steal thy neighbor's 10mm socket.
9 “You shall not bear false witness in your challenge build journal.
10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's wheels; you shall not covet your neighbor's big sponsorship, nor his righteous trailer, nor his awesome tow pig, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”
02Pilot
02Pilot UltraDork
1/19/21 11:39 a.m.

You need hats. Then you can wear them in your driver's license photo. But they should not be required.

white_fly
white_fly HalfDork
1/19/21 12:43 p.m.

In the beginning, there was Rod, and the Ford was with Rod. And Ford said to Rod, "let us build an assembly line." And Rod became fruitful and filled the earth with part numbers.

Greg Smith (Forum Supporter)
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/20/21 11:53 a.m.
white_fly said:

In the beginning, there was Rod, and the Ford was with Rod. And Ford said to Rod, "let us build an assembly line." And Rod became fruitful and filled the earth with part numbers.

I was waiting for the part where Rod gets thrown, creating a window into the sacred chambers of combustion.... 

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
1/20/21 12:24 p.m.

In reply to Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) :

The great ruination came after Rod failed to bathe in the Sacred oil. Only then was there a great knocking which caused Rod to be cast out. 

j_tso
j_tso Reader
1/20/21 2:33 p.m.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/20/21 2:48 p.m.

For the lord sacrificed his only son, Jesus chrysler. Borne to the 4 lift post by pontiac pilate, chrysler gave his internals for all our automotive sins. 

jgrewe
jgrewe Reader
1/21/21 12:27 a.m.

There is some cross over from other religions.

2 Kings 9:20

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltraDork
1/21/21 12:35 a.m.

And lo, the Driver did search and search for a new car for his fleet.  For though his garage was full and his wife was angry his fleet was not yet complete.  Great would be the workload of the Driver.

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
1/21/21 8:55 a.m.

And he shall keep the mark of the Insurance, for without the mark, no man shall be permitted to drive or park. And great shall be the cost thereof. 

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
1/21/21 9:14 a.m.
PMRacing said:

Yea, we did this like 10 or so years ago?   I bet it is lost to the forum changover etc.  My shirt as reverend of the faith was lost due to stainedness and such.

stafford1500
stafford1500 Dork
1/21/21 10:53 a.m.

Stampie, does this mean there will be a pilgrimage of all the followers to your house of worship every year on more or less the same date? Would that line up with the Challenge?

Vajingo
Vajingo Reader
1/21/21 3:04 p.m.
Thinkkker said:
PMRacing said:

Yea, we did this like 10 or so years ago?   I bet it is lost to the forum changover etc.  My shirt as reverend of the faith was lost due to stainedness and such.

The stains of sin are something we all bear

Vajingo
Vajingo Reader
1/21/21 3:07 p.m.
jgrewe said:

There is some cross over from other religions.

2 Kings 9:20

As an avid Bible reader, I have always wanted to get Jehu on my license plates

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
1/21/21 3:40 p.m.
Vajingo said:
Thinkkker said:
PMRacing said:

The stains of sin are something we all bear

And the wife must live happy to allow for the worship to continue.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DVxc6l4ywEbcDPnE5QcDYeGcVo69Fo6SMSlRke3j3udhgjVPoeALywHxdUjo0ZEu