Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
7/14/13 9:15 p.m.

For Comparison

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltraDork
7/14/13 10:04 p.m.
Flight Service wrote:

Ah. Interesting. I generally pour the Jack up to the wine line, add a handful of ice, and top it with Pepsi. I guess thats why two drinks are generally enough.

white_fly
white_fly Reader
7/14/13 11:05 p.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote: Ah. Interesting. I generally pour the Jack up to the wine line, add a handful of ice, and top it with Pepsi. I guess thats why two drinks are generally enough.

Try this. You won't be disappointed.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado UltimaDork
7/15/13 12:56 a.m.
Flight Service wrote:

Brilliant! Not to mention that for me, it's actually accurate. Hotlinks in order:

RPG:

Action and Adventure:

Fighting Games: Believe it or not, I've never played one.

1st Person Shooter? Eh, I get that in Action and Adventure.

Sports? Ya gotta be kidding me.

First thing I ever played online:

And console games finally get better:

After that, GT4 and Forza 2, 3 and 4. I have to admit, I did actually play Madden until they got to the point where you couldn't just "coach" anymore. I don't want to control the players' moves, I figure the team pays them to do it themselves, Why the berkeley does the game force me to do it for them? My favorite Madden is actually the last one for the Nintendo 64. Sue me.

Platformers? Start with this:

And then remember that platformers were the peak of the industry until consoles got enough memory to do anything else.

Casual? Usually not for me..but I did play around with Logan's Wii when SWMBO brought it home.

The few videogame haters that seem to be left need to get over it. Here is the future of those of us who feel like all the quarters we spent in arcades during the '70s and '80s actually helped bring us the PC & console stuff we enjoy today. For a lot of folks my age..we ain't quitting.

phaze1todd
phaze1todd HalfDork
7/15/13 2:24 a.m.

How the "Cal Look" is "spoda" be!

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago Dork
7/15/13 3:21 a.m.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
7/15/13 8:36 a.m.

Gasoline
Gasoline Dork
7/15/13 8:43 a.m.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
7/15/13 10:32 a.m.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltraDork
7/15/13 10:37 a.m.
ransom wrote: Requisite hotlink unrelated:

Is it just me, or did he sacrifice a lot of strength on that dovetail joint? Granted, I know almost nothing about woodworking, so maybe that is something that gets done.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
7/15/13 10:46 a.m.

Gasoline
Gasoline Dork
7/15/13 11:42 a.m.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltraDork
7/15/13 12:59 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote:
Is it just me, or did he sacrifice a lot of strength on that dovetail joint? Granted, I know almost nothing about woodworking, so maybe that is something that gets done.

Quite a lot of the strength there comes from the glue.

slefain
slefain UltraDork
7/15/13 1:08 p.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/15/13 1:16 p.m.
Flight Service wrote:

Geez! The things you learn here!

My head is so full of useless crap, I'm almost ready for Jeopardy!

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
7/15/13 1:43 p.m.

I'm a skeptic. I'd want to actually measure the levels. That looks too much like internet fantasy.

nocones
nocones Dork
7/15/13 2:10 p.m.
914Driver wrote:
Flight Service wrote:
Geez! The things you learn here! My head is so full of useless crap, I'm almost ready for Jeopardy!

http://www.snopes.com/food/prepare/solocups.asp

Hasbro
Hasbro Dork
7/15/13 5:53 p.m.

There's also a sticker on the windshield and on the rear window.

photo EP3streetcircle007.jpg

ransom
ransom UltraDork
7/15/13 6:04 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote:

I'm no expert, but It I think that guy (Streetwiseguy, above) is right. From a gluing standpoint, it's a downside that you'd be trying to glue the broader dovetails to the end grain of the lighter wood, but I would have zero doubt that I could pull that drawer open (assuming light wood is the face) a bazillion times without loosening a decent bond. In all likelihood, I bet even of the dark wood was the face it'd be reasonably strong; I just don't like the idea of pulling on a dovetail without employing the wedging action...

Too much text for a wishy washy answer in the hotlink thread, sorry!

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar SuperDork
7/15/13 6:18 p.m.

Happy Birthday Joe Satriani

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
7/16/13 6:01 a.m.

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
7/16/13 8:35 a.m.

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork