Flight Service MegaDork
8/17/13 1:14 p.m.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
8/17/13 1:14 p.m.

oldtin
oldtin UltraDork
8/17/13 1:39 p.m.
914Driver wrote: 1953 - 1955 Corvette. They were mostly six cylinder automatics. Chevy came out with V8s in '55.
wearymicrobe wrote:
914Driver wrote: I'm not a huge fan of kit cars, but if I were to spend the time and money, this is the direction I'd go.
Does anybody have any idea what this is. A basic image search shows no other site with this image. I really like this.

not sure about that one. looks like lone star classics made a 53 corvette body kit.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltraDork
8/17/13 3:28 p.m.
wbjones wrote:

I think I'd be looking for one of these to deflate that thing before I got within 50 feet. That looks very dangerous.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/17/13 4:09 p.m.

Hot Chicks - Hotlinks?

Hot Chicks - Hotlinks?

Oy, the pressure!

white_fly
white_fly Reader
8/17/13 9:57 p.m.
fasted58 wrote:

If F1 wants to improve the show, I say we bring back active suspension. With advances in technology it should now be accessible by even the backmarkers.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
8/17/13 9:57 p.m.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
8/17/13 9:59 p.m.

DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath Dork
8/18/13 7:15 a.m.

In reply to Wally:

Olivia might be my new favorite person. LOL.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/18/13 8:24 a.m.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
8/18/13 10:16 a.m.
914Driver wrote:

Now I see why you didn't post the other end. Talk about sending mixed signals.

and the reality rear shot. Sans PhotoShop.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
8/18/13 11:03 a.m.

ditchdigger
ditchdigger SuperDork
8/18/13 12:23 p.m.
Flight Service wrote:
914Driver wrote:
Now I see why you didn't post the other end. Talk about sending mixed signals. and the reality rear shot. Sans PhotoShop.

They do work quite well in person. Pretty striking while still being cute. This is the one I helped build

For my money when it comes to old Abarths I will take an Allemano built coupe over any of the Zagato stuff

Still alloy bodied, still the same chassis and motor but not slapped together by Zagato. The Double bubbles and record monzas are so crudely formed, The glass held in by random bits of wood and visible welds and hammer marks are everywhere when you open the trunk and engine bays. The Allemano stuff is up there with the Pininfarina Ferraris of the early 60's in level of finish.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
8/18/13 1:00 p.m.
ditchdigger wrote:
Flight Service wrote:
914Driver wrote:
Now I see why you didn't post the other end. Talk about sending mixed signals. and the reality rear shot. Sans PhotoShop.
They do work quite well in person. Pretty striking while still being cute. This is the one I helped build For my money when it comes to old Abarths I will take an Allemano built coupe over any of the Zagato stuff Still alloy bodied, still the same chassis and motor but not slapped together by Zagato. The Double bubbles and record monzas are so crudely formed, The glass held in by random bits of wood and visible welds and hammer marks are everywhere when you open the trunk and engine bays. The Allemano stuff is up there with the Pininfarina Ferraris of the early 60's in level of finish.

I have always had a soft spot for old Fiats. My dad said if I ever owned one that would go away very quickly.

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
8/18/13 1:09 p.m.

ditchdigger
ditchdigger SuperDork
8/18/13 1:28 p.m.
Flight Service wrote: I have always had a soft spot for old Fiats. My dad said if I ever owned one that would go away very quickly.

Or you would fall in love with them like I did. Simple as a rock, FUN to drive and real head turners and conversation starters.

I am actually mid restoration on an Allemano Spider similar to that one right now.

Crap an actual photo of me with it!

Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
8/18/13 2:56 p.m.
Ranger50 wrote:

I'm laughing so hard I peed a little.

stroker
stroker Dork
8/18/13 3:09 p.m.
Ranger50 wrote:

So what is the actual etiquette in situations like these? Do you smile politely and say, "Nice tattoo" or to you say, "Hey, dumbass, your "artist" can't freaking spell. I hope you didn't pay too much for that."

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xxtU20lAZpu00z8tsiUBAvjokowYk4OfK3Xg6naHzAQWKUJaUFCtlh0hfMAmhWQo