Duke
Duke PowerDork
8/21/13 9:51 a.m.
mthomson22 wrote:

Coincidentally, I just watched the TG with him on it last night. And, this little lovely (THE GORE IS ALL FAKE - it's from Midnight Meat Train ):

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
8/21/13 10:19 a.m.
Duke wrote:
mthomson22 wrote:
Coincidentally, I just watched the *TG* with him on it last night. And, this little lovely (THE GORE IS ALL FAKE - it's from *Midnight Meat Train* ):

Duke
Duke PowerDork
8/21/13 10:23 a.m.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
8/21/13 10:41 a.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote:
DoctorBlade wrote: Right up the road, too! They've been testing with Cummins for awhile now.
Ranger50 wrote: Nissan Titan getting a Cummins 5.0 V8 diesel.
Oh great. Now we all get to listen to everybody here come up with everything that's wrong with it so they can backtrack on their pledge to buy a smaller (Hahahaha) truck with a diesel when it gets built.

Had that been around a couple of years ago, I would have given it a really good look before picking up the Dodge 2500. Interesting that Cummins has gone to a V8, given that the straight six has some advantages. I suspect it's due to packaging.

Ford has a turbo V6. Nissan has a Cummins V8. Five years ago, who woulda thunk?

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
8/21/13 10:45 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote:
Streetwiseguy wrote:
DoctorBlade wrote: Right up the road, too! They've been testing with Cummins for awhile now.
Ranger50 wrote: Nissan Titan getting a Cummins 5.0 V8 diesel.
Oh great. Now we all get to listen to everybody here come up with everything that's wrong with it so they can backtrack on their pledge to buy a smaller (Hahahaha) truck with a diesel when it gets built.
Had that been around a couple of years ago, I would have given it a really good look before picking up the Dodge 2500. Interesting that Cummins has gone to a V8, given that the straight six has some advantages. I suspect it's due to packaging. Ford has a turbo V6. Nissan has a Cummins V8. Five years ago, who woulda thunk?

guys here at the shop says Cummins was kicking around the idea of going back to a V8 around 2003

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UltraDork
8/21/13 11:39 a.m.
bigdaddylee82 wrote: Pardon me I need a moment. - Lee

Berk me, that is a good looking truck! I don't even like single cab short bed trucks.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
8/21/13 11:41 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/21/13 11:42 a.m.

coolusername
coolusername Reader
8/21/13 11:47 a.m.

after driving chevys for 30 years and my ole man retiring from GM, i was truck shopping and could not decide, my wife said you know Ford did not take any of that bail out money, BAM! i said you just made my mind up for me, this sumbit h will burn rubber, the pick up is out of this world, sounds like a gas motor with the liquid filter, i pulled a crewcab dully with a 35' fithwheel camper up double oak mtn, "in 2 wheel drive" ecoboost 14mpg on the hiway pulling a loaded trailer 75mph..........

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr HalfDork
8/21/13 11:55 a.m.
coolusername wrote: Ford did not take any of that bail out money,
Because they sold all of their brands right before it happened. Otherwise, they were worse of fthan everybody else.
ultraclyde
ultraclyde Dork
8/21/13 12:04 p.m.

I was riding my bike past the GM lot recently and saw one of the new ones in extended cab 4x4. I'm normally a Ford truck diehard, but that was such a good looking truck that I almost rode into the gutter staring at it.... Note that it didn't have the swarovski-crystal-studded headlights shown here....

EDIT: Browsing the site, on the specs it says the 1500 can tow over 16k lbs (EGAD!) when ordered with the 3.73 rear gears. Of course, on the configurator I could only find the 3.42 gears, which are good for 11,500 lbs. Still, not bad. There must be some magical chassis/options combo to unlock the master-level-towing gears.

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
8/21/13 12:21 p.m.

Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
8/21/13 12:27 p.m.
914Driver wrote: My wife wants to do this to our son's dog. No, he's straight.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade UltraDork
8/21/13 1:07 p.m.
coolusername wrote: after driving chevys for 30 years and my ole man retiring from GM, i was truck shopping and could not decide, my wife said you know Ford did not take any of that bail out money, BAM! i said you just made my mind up for me, this sumbit h will burn rubber, the pick up is out of this world, sounds like a gas motor with the liquid filter, i pulled a crewcab dully with a 35' fithwheel camper up double oak mtn, "in 2 wheel drive" ecoboost 14mpg on the hiway pulling a loaded trailer 75mph..........

"ecoboost" and "6.7L Powerstroke" aren't the same. If I understand you right.

nderwater
nderwater UberDork
8/21/13 1:25 p.m.

Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
8/21/13 2:16 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
8/21/13 2:57 p.m.

In reply to nderwater:

DaveEstey
DaveEstey UltraDork
8/21/13 3:04 p.m.

after driving chevys for 30 years and my ole man retiring from GM, i was truck shopping and could not decide, my wife said you know Ford did not take any of that bail out money, BAM! i said you just made my mind up for me, this sumbit h will burn rubber, the pick up is out of this world, sounds like a gas motor with the liquid filter, i pulled a crewcab dully with a 35' fithwheel camper up double oak mtn, "in 2 wheel drive" ecoboost 14mpg on the hiway pulling a loaded trailer 75mph..........

That's because you chose the right color.

Here's mine hotlinked for her pleasure:

coolusername wrote:
AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair PowerDork
8/21/13 3:47 p.m.

Gasoline
Gasoline Dork
8/21/13 4:09 p.m.

Gasoline
Gasoline Dork
8/21/13 4:12 p.m.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
8/21/13 5:43 p.m.
Gasoline wrote:

ACK! Local? Is this where you scored the Dart?

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
8/21/13 5:50 p.m.

white_fly
white_fly Reader
8/21/13 7:39 p.m.
914Driver wrote:

nderwater
nderwater UberDork
8/21/13 9:42 p.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners