12/15/16 2:00 p.m.

Every political argument devolves into these two:

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 SuperDork
12/15/16 2:41 p.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/15/16 2:56 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: According to this I'm mainstream, according to most people I know this makes me a whack job left wing extremist.

There is a whale of a difference between a Classical Liberal (I'm one of those) and a modern Liberal.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
12/15/16 4:28 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
12/15/16 5:08 p.m.
etifosi wrote:

I'm a total leftist bleeding heart, and I can't see calling the WaPo or NPR a mainstream (minimal partisan bias) "great source of news"

Knurled
Knurled MegaDork
12/15/16 5:45 p.m.
Flight Service wrote:
fasted58 wrote:
HappyAndy wrote:
Nice jugs
Why no hotlink?

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
12/15/16 5:58 p.m.
Flight Service wrote: What the hell is up with no hotlinks in the responses in the hotlink thread???? Post a hotlink. Damn whipper-snappers.

Well, if you must know, its because I'm NOT a whippersnapper that I don't hotlink sometimes. I have not been able to science out how to do it on my smartphone, and Microsoft Edge, which showed up with windows 10, blows hot chunks for anything. Therefore, I have to wait to get to work so I can use Windows 7, and I would have forgotten the "Crapice" joke by the time I made it to work this morning. And it was just too darn funny to leave to the vagaries of my memory.

I could go back and retroactively hotlink, I think...

johnnie
johnnie Reader
12/15/16 6:10 p.m.

johnnie
johnnie Reader
12/15/16 6:13 p.m.

johnnie
johnnie Reader
12/15/16 6:14 p.m.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
12/15/16 6:15 p.m.
akamcfly wrote:
etifosi wrote:
I'm a total leftist bleeding heart, and I can't see calling the WaPo or NPR a mainstream (minimal partisan bias) "great source of news"

Strangly (I am progressive, engineer, likes data) and the graph is accurate by international standards.

What is strange is I have a conservative political operative friend (as in he helped get the new Louisiana Senator elected and was recognized in the speech on national TV) and he also agrees with that chart.

so although we would tweak individual positions up or down. left or right seemed spot on by every metric than people who identify on either side.

In a nutshell y'alls bias is showin'

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/15/16 8:36 p.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote:
Flight Service wrote: What the hell is up with no hotlinks in the responses in the hotlink thread???? Post a hotlink. Damn whipper-snappers.
Well, if you must know, its because I'm NOT a whippersnapper that I don't hotlink sometimes. I have not been able to science out how to do it on my smartphone, and Microsoft Edge, which showed up with windows 10, blows hot chunks for anything. Therefore, I have to wait to get to work so I can use Windows 7, and I would have forgotten the "Crapice" joke by the time I made it to work this morning. And it was just too darn funny to leave to the vagaries of my memory. I could go back and retroactively hotlink, I think...

I can't post a hotlink with my phone either. Do what I do instead:

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy PowerDork
12/15/16 9:20 p.m.
akamcfly wrote: I'm a total leftist bleeding heart, and I can't see calling the WaPo or NPR a mainstream (minimal partisan bias) "great source of news"

I think it is a relative chart- if you compare the biases of the various sources against the OTHER news sources in the chart, that is how it lines up.

Heck, even some tires are biased.

johnnie
johnnie Reader
12/15/16 9:52 p.m.

sirrichardpumpaloaf
sirrichardpumpaloaf HalfDork
12/15/16 10:05 p.m.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
12/15/16 10:17 p.m.
fasted58 wrote:

I know i need a hotlink, but can't from my phone.

I need more information on this. Because I thinkI just found my next project.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
12/16/16 6:04 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/16/16 7:20 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/16/16 7:21 a.m.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
12/16/16 8:46 a.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote:
Well, if you must know, its because I'm NOT a whippersnapper that I don't hotlink sometimes. I have not been able to science out how to do it on my smartphone, and Microsoft Edge, which showed up with windows 10, blows hot chunks for anything. Therefore, I have to wait to get to work so I can use Windows 7, and I would have forgotten the "Crapice" joke by the time I made it to work this morning. And it was just too darn funny to leave to the vagaries of my memory. I could go back and retroactively hotlink, I think...

what are you talking about? Who are you? Get off my porch! What? No I don't have a porch, Margie built a deck though. Stay off of that.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis SuperDork
12/16/16 9:28 a.m.

This thread is brushing against the fringes of the ban hammer and I'd hate to see that happen. So, I'm going to carpet bomb it with images from a Google image search of Race Car and see if we can get away from the potentially troublesome images. Here we go:

rob_lewis
rob_lewis SuperDork

rob_lewis
rob_lewis SuperDork

rob_lewis
rob_lewis SuperDork
12/16/16 9:29 a.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eV0Ya0iZXMIROcqjpJ1keo6V2EGipfC59ISFe6zy3G0p5E6b13wbR1AAK7xFUsra