Indy-Guy UltraDork
11/8/18 6:38 p.m.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
11/8/18 6:39 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson said:
slefain said:

Are these included?Image result for brave pills

I actually had a go cart very much like that one.  It had a 1.5 hp engine but was still a blast.  Steering started out as a rope, but was removed in favor of just using you feet.  No brakes !  I'm pretty sure my mother made my father take it out to the place he worked so it could be "fixed".  I never saw it again.  

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
11/8/18 6:40 p.m.

This looks safe:

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
11/8/18 6:49 p.m.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
11/8/18 6:52 p.m.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
11/8/18 6:55 p.m.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
11/8/18 6:59 p.m.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
11/8/18 7:00 p.m.

logdog
logdog UltraDork
11/8/18 8:38 p.m.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc Dork
11/8/18 9:16 p.m.
Knurled. said:
NickD said:

I saw one of those new Civic Type Fuglys in the wild this week.  It was in front of me at a light, slightly uphill.

The guy was letting it roll back, then slipping the clutch to creep it forward, then letting it roll back, for the whole light.  So about 15-20 seconds of moving back and forth about a foot, roughly one cycle every two seconds.

I wonder if the clutch will outlast the temp tag with that kind of abuse.

I had a 99 Accord that had belonged to my in-laws. FIL used to hold it on hills by slipping the clutch just enough that it would stay stationary. Their home was in the Smokey mountains west of Asheville where nothing's flat, so it got lots of this abuse.

It had about 190k miles when I got it. Changed the clutch at 210k.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/8/18 9:27 p.m.
Indy-Guy said:

JAGwinn
JAGwinn New Reader
11/8/18 10:30 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson :

Took a lot of guts to clean that mess up.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
11/8/18 11:29 p.m.

FantomWorks  on the book of face.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
11/8/18 11:32 p.m.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
11/9/18 7:51 a.m.
Indy-Guy said:

Is that a Pulse jet?  If so the picture is fake as I don't see the drive....err...pilots balls, they must be massive and made of depleted uranium.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
11/9/18 8:09 a.m.
Floating Doc said:
Knurled. said:
NickD said:

(pic deleted for brevity)

I saw one of those new Civic Type Fuglys in the wild this week.  It was in front of me at a light, slightly uphill.

The guy was letting it roll back, then slipping the clutch to creep it forward, then letting it roll back, for the whole light.  So about 15-20 seconds of moving back and forth about a foot, roughly one cycle every two seconds.

I had a 99 Accord that had belonged to my in-laws. FIL used to hold it on hills by slipping the clutch just enough that it would stay stationary. Their home was in the Smokey mountains west of Asheville where nothing's flat, so it got lots of this abuse.

It had about 190k miles when I got it. Changed the clutch at 210k.

I do the back and forth roll at a light sometimes when driving a stick. It's kind of like tossing a ball in the air and catching it repeatedly. It's neat to feel the interplay of forces between gravity and the driveline back and forth. It also helps keep you smooth on clutch work. I don't do it on steep hills though. I've never had a manual car where that made any difference on clutch life in the end. I suspect high RPM drag launches, slammed second gear shifts and general hard driving do a lot more damage than occasionally dicking around at a light.

Image result for pic unrelated

Ransom
Ransom PowerDork
11/9/18 8:15 a.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson :

It is. I think Colin Furze is just generally wired oddly.

Pic unrelated:

stafford1500
stafford1500 HalfDork
11/9/18 8:16 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson said:
Indy-Guy said:

Is that a Pulse jet?  If so the picture is fake as I don't see the drive....err...pilots balls, they must be massive and made of depleted uranium.

That is Colin Furze and he is just mental, and yes that is a pulse jet

Plus he builds cool/fun stuff

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
11/9/18 8:16 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson said:
Indy-Guy said:

Mmmm...Heated seats....

Image result for heated seats

(+5 internet points because random image google found "heated seats" in a ZJ with the same interior as mine)

NickD
NickD UberDork
11/9/18 8:35 a.m.
Knurled. said:
NickD said:

Even stranger, I saw someone in an Integra come to a stop at a light that was downhill once, then stick the car in Reverse, roll forward into the crosswalk and then slip the clutch to roll back to the stop line, then roll forward, then creep back, the entirety of the stop light. It was mind-boggling.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/9/18 11:15 a.m.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
11/9/18 11:28 a.m.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
11/9/18 11:39 a.m.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/9/18 12:03 p.m.

Hoping to watch this this weekend. It is going to be mad.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/9/18 12:06 p.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SoMkIX9DCbEvlhQCBuJnInS4utBuYf05Ha3xHhHc0ZW7Os7glCFboZJ9C43Sy6C4