Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/24/21 11:44 a.m.
Mr_Asa said:

Why does he hate flip flops?

Because flip flops are berking horrid and should never be worn more than 50 yards from one of the following:

1. A large body of water with a sandy beach;

2. A public pool or shower room;

3. Your personal bedroom.

See also:  Adidas slaps; Crocs.

Shadeux
Shadeux Dork
8/24/21 11:54 a.m.

I like flip-flops.

Tabasko Sweet Creates A Gucci Flip-Flop Car

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
8/24/21 12:02 p.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim :

Yup, I took that photo on my way back home from Summit Point. We were doing "rallycross" but on the Shenandoah circuit due to some kind of zoning issue with the rallycross field. I want to attend more events there in the future, so I will try to check out route WV9 next time I'm passing through.

Related image taken from the event's FB page:

DonnonGT
DonnonGT New Reader
8/24/21 12:21 p.m.
slowbird said:

In reply to BoxheadTim :

Yup, I took that photo on my way back home from Summit Point. We were doing "rallycross" but on the Shenandoah circuit due to some kind of zoning issue with the rallycross field. I want to attend more events there in the future, so I will try to check out route WV9 next time I'm passing through.

Related image taken from the event's FB page:

Even gravity doesn't want a K-Car. laugh

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/24/21 12:33 p.m.
Duke said:
Mr_Asa said:

Why does he hate flip flops?

Because flip flops are berking horrid and should never be worn more than 50 yards from one of the following:

1. A large body of water with a sandy beach;

2. A public pool or shower room;

3. Your personal bedroom.

See also:  Adidas slaps; Crocs.

What he said. Why are we ok with wearing our pajamas outside. See also sweatpants, gym shorts, and now for some reason robes. 

picture unrelated 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/24/21 1:40 p.m.

I call shenanigans <looking in JG's direction>.

My anti-flip-flop rant had an upvote and now does not.  On a related note I am unable to upvote Wally's post.

At Shenanigans chain restaurant, the name says it all

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/24/21 2:16 p.m.

I like shoes that I don't have to tie, and shoes that I don't have to bend over to put on even more. I wear Red Wing pull on boots from about October through April, and either boat shoes or flip flops/slides/crocs the rest of the time. Obviously gym shoes have their place too, but they're not what I regularly wear anymore. I also have my Keens, for water shoes, work shoes, hiking shoes, and launching the boat. I had Crocs for that same purpose too, but I have no idea what happened to them. I am pretty sure my brother stole them.

I keep threatening to get some Floafers, but can't justify it. 

Edit: These are obviously not my dress shoes. I have about 15 pairs of Ecco/Allen Edmonds/Brooks Brothers/similar for fancy stuff. I am kind of a shoe whore. Despite not wearing them much, I want to get a pair of Dad shoes (New Balance 608 or Nike Monarch), as well as something obnoxious.

Shadeux
Shadeux Dork
8/24/21 2:35 p.m.

TIL Floafers...

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom UltimaDork
8/24/21 3:56 p.m.

EDIT: I think the pestillential lighting works with the odometer. Also chuffed that my wife snapped this on a long drive home from visiting family 'cause she knew I'd be bummed to miss it. The blurriness also works with the relative priorities of driving and operating the camera.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/24/21 7:18 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Upvoted it for you. I'm your huckleberry.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/24/21 7:46 p.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to Duke :

Upvoted it for you. I'm your huckleberry.

Thank you!  And to express my gratitude:

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit UltraDork
8/24/21 7:52 p.m.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/24/21 7:52 p.m.

The guy who is fixes our trailers had this in his shop. 

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) MegaDork
8/24/21 8:12 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:  What he said. Why are we ok with wearing our pajamas outside. See also sweatpants, gym shorts, and now for some reason robes. 

Because the legal requirement is to not have my junk flapping in the wind, otherwise I'd be naked.

17 Memes You&#39;ll Laugh At If You Only Wear Black Clothing

racerdave600
racerdave600 UltraDork
8/25/21 12:31 p.m.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
8/25/21 12:37 p.m.

May be an image of text that says 'Age-adjusted rolling 7-day SARS-CoV-2 infection rates 350 300 000 250 Unvaccinated Partially vaccinated 一 Fully vaccinated g 200 150 o 100 No 50 May 26 12 19 Jun Week 10 Jul Age-adjusted rolling day hospitalization 30 tes Del 25 20 Unvaccinated Partiallyvaccinated Fully vaccinated 15 15 22 May 26 12 19 Jun Week 10 Jul Griffin JB, Haddix M, Danza al. SARS-CoV-2 Infections and Hospitalizations Among Persons Aged ২16 Years, by Vaccination Status Los Angeles County, California, May 1-July 25, 2021. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep.'

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
8/25/21 12:48 p.m.

TIL yankees don't like flip flops.

Probably cause they can't wear them every day of the year like they do down here.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/25/21 1:32 p.m.

In reply to tuna55 :

It's almost like the rate of hospitalizations is matching the rate of infections for unvaccinated people, but not for vaccinated people. I wonder why that is?

Unrelated picture: With the [summer] Paralympics coming on, it reminds me that I need to look into reffing sled hockey.

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) PowerDork
8/25/21 4:11 p.m.

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom UltimaDork
8/25/21 11:46 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Looks to me like unlawful possession BY a wild raccoon...

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
8/26/21 12:05 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/26/21 7:48 a.m.

My friend Ron stopped yesterday with his latest acquisition; a 1989 Honda Hawk NT-650.  For $2k he got a V twin, single side arm, stainless exhaust bike that is a good all rounder.  If you only have space and money for just one bike, find one of these!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/26/21 9:28 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/26/21 9:29 p.m.

There's a lot to unpack here...

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/27/21 8:51 a.m.

Cheebus!  What a beast:

May be an image of aircraft and outdoors