2 3 4 5 6
mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/23/21 8:56 a.m.
ShawnG said:

Space Force

Not canceled, season 2 coming later this year or early 2022. 

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) UberDork
3/23/21 10:28 a.m.
chandler said:

Kevin (almost) saves the world? I found it hilarious and then it was gone

i felt like chuck ran its course

I agree on Chuck, first 2 seasons were great but after......

Trent
Trent PowerDork
3/23/21 8:55 p.m.

I really enjoyed "man seeking woman" and would have loved another season or two of it.

3/23/21 9:28 p.m.

Anybody ever watch Ascension? It's about people from the 50s being in a generation ship. It technically ended but I would have liked to see more

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
3/23/21 10:00 p.m.

As a sci-fi nerd, I wanted more of the following: 

-Firefly

-Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

-Star Trek: Enterprise

-Battlestar Galactica (remake)

-All of the Stargate shows

Right now, I'm watching through Enterprise again. Star Trek is by far my favorite franchise, and they did this one dirty. They ended it after 4 seasons with a slapped-together finale that didn't do the show justice. It was really starting to get good in seasons 3 and 4, and they had big plans for season 5, but it was bad timing for sci-fi like that on TV so it got axed. Hoping they revisit that era at some point. 

llysgennad
llysgennad Reader
3/23/21 11:35 p.m.

Hardcastle and McCormick

Misfits of Science

Stingray

Firefly, of course

The Finder

Lots more. Basically if I liked it, it was cancelled

NoviceClass
NoviceClass Reader
3/24/21 12:00 a.m.

I loved The Sopranos, could enjoy a couple more good seasons of that.

stroker
stroker UberDork
3/24/21 8:16 a.m.

I'd love to see a reboot of "Person of Interest"...  

mtn (Forum Supporter)
3/24/21 8:21 a.m.
NoviceClass said:

I loved The Sopranos, could enjoy a couple more good seasons of that.

Prequel movie, The Many Saints of Newark, is coming out in September. James Gandolfini's son plays Tony. 

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
3/24/21 9:15 a.m.
stroker said:

I'd love to see a reboot of "Person of Interest"...  

Probably the only show beside Endeavour that I actually searched out and watched every episode.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/25/21 11:48 a.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

Anybody ever watch Ascension? It's about people from the 50s being in a generation ship. It technically ended but I would have liked to see more

YES.  Great show.  I recall watching the episode where we learn the real nature of the ship and just yelling at the TV, like "waaaaat!?"

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/25/21 11:55 a.m.
Tony Sestito said:

As a sci-fi nerd, I wanted more of the following: 

-Firefly

-Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

-Star Trek: Enterprise

-Battlestar Galactica (remake)

-All of the Stargate shows

Right now, I'm watching through Enterprise again. Star Trek is by far my favorite franchise, and they did this one dirty. They ended it after 4 seasons with a slapped-together finale that didn't do the show justice. It was really starting to get good in seasons 3 and 4, and they had big plans for season 5, but it was bad timing for sci-fi like that on TV so it got axed. Hoping they revisit that era at some point. 

I love the BSG remake.  I started watching it because I have a little crush on Katie Sackhoff but what a powerhouse show.  Did you watch the prequel series?  It's called Caprica and I found it to be amazing.  BSG actually has a kind of closure to it, but Caprica got canceled before it really concluded.

The Star Trek series are a bit strange for me.  TNG is my favorite, Voyager is a close second (for as intolerable as Neelix is, Seven makes up for it).  I never got into DS9 or Enterprise.  Right now I'm watching through all of the original series.  I'm right at the point where Shatner has started to act.... like........... Shatner.  Specifically, the Gorn episode where he fights the lizard guy.

3/25/21 12:07 p.m.

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

I liked the twist but I would have been find if the twist didn't happen.

In fact.....someone should do a series like that.

3/25/21 12:09 p.m.

In reply to Tony Sestito :

Yeah, I hate the end of Enterprise. It's a terrible end to a good series.

I really liked the 3rd season. It was cool seeing what happens when they don't have a huge fleet to back them up.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
3/25/21 12:13 p.m.

I just realized that I've been watching one that was restarted, but the restart is now 30 years old. 

All Creatures Great and Small. It is a really great show to take a break from the world - no real strife or sadness in it. But it had 3 seasons in 1978-1980, then 4 more from 1988-1990. The first run ended after they ran out of material from the books. They finally convinced the author to let them write original scripts. It worked well, probably because the first series didn't overstay its welcome. It is now being remade, and though I haven't seen it, here it is very well done.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/25/21 12:37 p.m.

In reply to mtn (Forum Supporter) :

My father, of all people, loved the original run of All Creatures Great And Small.

Rigante
Rigante New Reader
3/25/21 1:10 p.m.

Forever  A 200-year-old man works in the New York City Morgue trying to find a key to unlock the curse of his immortality. 

Rigante
Rigante New Reader
3/25/21 1:12 p.m.

Rigante
Rigante New Reader
3/25/21 1:14 p.m.

Timeless and Frequency were really cool, but just stopped

3/25/21 2:33 p.m.

In reply to Rigante :

That was a great show really.

There was a 2nd season too

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/25/21 2:41 p.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:

I just realized that I've been watching one that was restarted, but the restart is now 30 years old. 

All Creatures Great and Small. It is a really great show to take a break from the world - no real strife or sadness in it. But it had 3 seasons in 1978-1980, then 4 more from 1988-1990. The first run ended after they ran out of material from the books. They finally convinced the author to let them write original scripts. It worked well, probably because the first series didn't overstay its welcome. It is now being remade, and though I haven't seen it, here it is very well done.

My ex- and I binged the original years ago when it was on Netflix.  I need to watch the new version.  From the previews it looks OK.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
3/25/21 2:50 p.m.
Duke said:

In reply to mtn (Forum Supporter) :

My father, of all people, loved the original run of All Creatures Great And Small.

My dad read that to us when we were kids, it was funny and well written iirc. I'll look the show up.

Rigante
Rigante New Reader
3/25/21 3:36 p.m.

In reply to Ian F (Forum Supporter) :

there is still a small museum in Thirsk dedicated to Herriott, I drive past the road sign when i head to my mums house. 
Google maps link

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
3/25/21 4:33 p.m.

Canceled shows (like Firefly), or shows that just sort of ended?

Canceled: Titus.  Can't happen for the same reason Firefly can't happen - the moment's passed and most of the cast are doing other things/have aged too much for it to make sense.

See also: the continuation seasons of Red Dwarf.  They sucked.

Other: Initial D?  Like, an Initial D Zero, where we got to see Bunta as a racer before he had to raise Takumi... or maybe he was racing WHILE raising Takumi and this is why, one way or another, he's a single father?

They'd have to recast Bunta anyway, since his voice actor died a couple years ago.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
3/25/21 5:01 p.m.

Titus was awesome.

Pappa Titus and my father have a LOT in common. My dad with a moustache even looks like Stacy Keach.

2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qbi0zhCyMXBM3kY58QCE5cxsq84Im8YDjTsHQwNvLRFezRIfx99pZ9nictRgUOWd