Hocrest
Hocrest Reader
5/22/10 11:48 p.m.

I was at Carlisle this weekend. Nice show and the rain held off for most of the day.

Friday I stopped by the GRM tent, signed up for a 10 year subscription and got a free shirt (wearing it right now) When I got back to my group area I told one of my buddies about the 10 year/$99/T-Shirt deal. He agreed that it was a deal and stopped by the tent today to sign up. He was told that the 10 year subscription didn't come with a shirt, but they would sell him a shirt for $10 instead of the normal $12.

Did I "steal" a shirt??

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
5/23/10 8:42 a.m.

"Steal" is the wrong word. Our booth policies and training are... let's just say, looser than Starbucks', where I'm constantly amazed that they can get native English speakers to unflinchingly cling to "Venti" and "Grande" as size descriptors. (Which reminds me of the way the reenactors at Plimoth Plantation or Colonial Williamsburg stoically refuse to acknowledge modern grammar or surroundings.) It means we're not real consistent on the offers, though we try. On the flip side, it also means a smile and amusing or intelligent comment will usually net you a freebie. :-)

Margie

Woody
Woody SuperDork
5/23/10 8:59 a.m.

I got a free T-shirt from Tim at Lime Rock about ten years ago when I signed up for a one year subscription. It must have been my amusing and intelligent comments. Coincidentally, I am also wearing it now.

I need to buy some new t-shirts...

Schump
Schump New Reader
5/23/10 9:47 a.m.

In reply to Marjorie Suddard:

Willl yall be there today? I stopped by and met you two years ago, but Tim had already left. I hope so, I'm a DIE HARD reader, ever since the Mini Me turbocharged caravan and the $1500 challlenge. Besides, I need to renew my subscription and get a T-shirt.... Already got a "& gas in his veins" Classic Motorsport T-shirt. (g/f says I wear it too much, whatever!, I met a fellow gear head in St. Martin because I wore it to breakfast, he had a sweeeeet old 911. (My favorite car since age 5.)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Q8KUdf0kU75xconJUSgEnIqsh5XKuzG4VdfbzkJPe4qdjF77FyrbWyTQbRJDl5SO