1 2 3
Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
9/8/19 7:19 a.m.
TJL said:I have herniated discs, bulged discs and pinched nerves. Im usually ok but the back damage can take over and im stuck in bed. The masseuse i use has some thc infused rub. Ive gotten on her table unable to stand upright and after the massage and thc rub, i literally couldnt feel ANYTHING in my lower back. I was standing upright, getting around great, no pain.

I bet her hands aren't sore, either.  smiley

Great... now I'm going to be Googling "herniated disk"...

TJL
TJL Reader
9/8/19 7:48 a.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

As for the masseuse, she’s all good with it. Uses the plant medicinally. Want to make your massage even better(Yeah yeah, im not talking a “happy ending”), get REALLY relaxed from some of your favorite plant material. 

And the herniated discs arent “gross”, just bad. Usually results in nerve pain of varying degrees. I have at least 2 herniated that if i aggravate them by picking anything heavy up or pushing on something, the disc will hit my spinal cord and my leg goes numb. Its really cool! 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
9/8/19 7:56 a.m.

In reply to TJL :

That's not what I would consider "cool".

I've had persistent lower back pain for a week now.  Not the normal pain that goes away after a good night's sleep, possibly with oral application of 40% EtOH.  Worried that it's something worse than "you sat funny for ten hours".

I do probably have a pinched nerve... I can turn my head just right and make my right arm throb with pain and make my right thumb go tingly for a few hours.  It scared me at first but now it's just normal.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/8/19 7:56 a.m.
Dootz said:

In reply to Mazdax605 :

No dude, I'm saying that the reason he's only now starting to make pro-comments about marijuana is because if he said it while he was still playing, Goodell might have thought he was using something and gotten suspended over it

He was a patriot, they wouldn’t touch him(see josh gordon suspended forever as a brown but then keeps getting reinstated as a patriot)

anything short of what aaron hernandez did won’t get you suspended long if you’re in new england

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
9/8/19 8:01 a.m.
Patrick said:
Dootz said:

In reply to Mazdax605 :

No dude, I'm saying that the reason he's only now starting to make pro-comments about marijuana is because if he said it while he was still playing, Goodell might have thought he was using something and gotten suspended over it

He was a patriot, they wouldn’t touch him(see josh gordon suspended forever as a brown but then keeps getting reinstated as a patriot)

anything short of what aaron hernandez did won’t get you suspended long if you’re in new england

I remember my grandmother tsk-tsking at all these football players getting suspended for being caught with the ebil weed.

I pointed out that they are really, really rough on their bodies, to the point that they are usually washed up and done before they are 30, and the only legal pain relief they can get is opiods, which are like 500 times worse for you and usually result in you getting addicted to heroin.

She didn't like that, but she didn't say anything about it ever again either.

I've lived with joint pain for all of my adult life (well, starting around 13 or so) and I've always been reluctant to see a doctor about it, at first because I always figured "man up, Nancy".  But later, I was always worried that I'd get a doctor who would rather just prescribe pills and move on.  I don't want that.  Hell, I was prescribed oxycodone for something and all that did was make me naseous, did nothing for the pain, so I never took any more of it. 

TJL
TJL Reader
9/8/19 10:15 a.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Was joking about the cool part. Its e36 M3 but ive learned to work around it and do what i do without surgery. Im 37, really want to hold off on back surgery as long as possible. It really does not bother me most of the time. 

And im pretty sure im working on the same pinched nerve in my neck. Same deal, depending on position i can have my arm go numb quick. 

You getting and odd leg numbness?  Could be starting to get a pinched nerve. 

As for explaining the difference between herb and opioids, many just choose to remain ignorant. Thats opioids in general though. People will take opioids recreationally and not care because its a prescription drug, its safe right??  But if you were to say “hey, wanna do some heroin?”, the huge majority are going to look at you like your crazy.  Meh. 

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
9/8/19 10:20 a.m.

As someone who's had a severely herniated l5-s1 disc twice inside of a year I can tell you CBD doesn't even dull that pain. As much as I tryed to avoid gabapentin and surgery it didn't happen either time. Friday was the second surgery on the same spot in 7 months. If your herniation gets bad enough it can cut the nerve bundle so I wouldn't mess around too long.

I'm 32 and my surgeon is pushing for a career change. 

ronholm
ronholm Dork
9/8/19 10:21 a.m.

Pumpkin Spice CBD dairy free latte with Gluten free bread coming soon to stores near you.

2019 is a strange place I can't say I fully understand.

Curtis
Curtis UltimaDork
9/8/19 2:38 p.m.

A couple anecdotal examples:

My mother came from the generation of newsreels that told her with a trans-atlantic accent that pot makes you a gay predator who eats children after midnight and will instantly make you addicted to murder and larceny.  She doesn't drink, doesn't swear, never tried a cigarette, worships Jesus and prays for marijuana smokers.

If anyone would be a CBD skeptic, it is my mother.  I'm 45 and she still prays for me because she learned I smoked weed once... that she knows about.

Her doctor urged her to try CBD to help her with the pain associated with her cancer.  She was so impressed with the pain relief, the ability to sleep, and the side effect of helping her arthritis that she keeps a steady supply around.

SWMBO has an ancient dog.  He is so stiff and sore he can't even poop because he can't bend his back that way.  He can't go up steps or get on the couch.  Three weeks of CBD and he's running, jumping, losing weight, getting on the couch, pooping without pain.  I'm researching it right now for my back pain (which is a combination of arthropathy and bulging disks) to see if it would be a good thing for me.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
9/8/19 3:13 p.m.
TJL said:

In reply to Knurled. :

Was joking about the cool part.

I get it smiley  Somehow it reminded me of an old GRM thread where someone posited that it would be fun to have a road rally where entrants could buy any Biturbo off of Craigslist, and the winner was the one who went the furthest before terminal breakdown.  First response: "That doesn't sound like fun."

Its e36 M3 but ive learned to work around it and do what i do without surgery. Im 37, really want to hold off on back surgery as long as possible. It really does not bother me most of the time. 

I'm mainly interested in learning how to work around it, what kind of physical therapy might help, etc.  Pain is your body telling you something is wrong, it is foolish (IMO) to dull it so that you can damage your body harder.  On the other hand, I also want to be able to sleep.

You getting and odd leg numbness?  Could be starting to get a pinched nerve. 

Be nice if I did, given the crap I get from my joints smiley  I've always bent at the back to lift because there is no way I'm lifting with my knees.  Which is the other reason I'm a bit concerned..

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
9/8/19 6:30 p.m.
Patrick said:
Dootz said:

In reply to Mazdax605 :

Hahahahahahaha, found the hater!! 

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
9/8/19 6:47 p.m.

In reply to Mazdax605 :

The only positive thing about the Patriots is that they haven't erected an Aaron Hernandez statue yet, like Baltimore did for Ray Lewis.

ricardos
ricardos New Spammer
1/5/20 8:58 a.m.

I love  [Green Canoe] CBD products - flowers, buds, oil, pills. I have insomnia too and what you think? - I cured it!

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Reader
1/5/20 9:36 a.m.
ricardos said:

I love CBD products - flowers, buds, oil, pills. I have insomnia too and what you think? - I cured it!

Shame it can't fix grammar. 

Rons
Rons Reader
1/5/20 10:55 a.m.

A quick search found this https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-medication/cannabis/research-data.html  you may need to follow the path back to find all the topics.  Also try cannabis research Canada as a Google search.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
1/5/20 11:14 a.m.

There is no regulations , so how strong CBD are you getting ?

is it 10 parts per million , or 5000 parts for million ? or ?????

And do you believe the companies that are selling it ?

I hope it works ,  I would just like to know what is in the bottle !

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/6/20 3:16 p.m.
californiamilleghia said:

The reputable places test and put the concentrations on the label. And what incentive is there for a company to mislabel a product? If they say it's stronger than it is, and it doesn't work, people won't buy it again.

Side note: Not CBD, but the whole hog. My girlfriend got her medical card about 3 months ago, she just uses the vape thing or edibles, as "flower" hurts her throat too much. She was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis in the summer of 2018.

She is almost completely off her sleeping medication, needs a slow draw down time since it has physical withdrawal symptoms, I forget the name of what she has been using for that. She is also slowly backing down her prescription to Lyrica (typically used for nerve pain) as well. 

I know it's anedoctal for just her situation, but I've seen a huge improvement in her mobility, mood (not always in pain), etc. 

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
1/6/20 3:25 p.m.
californiamilleghia said:

I don't trust Bayer corporation because of things they've knowingly put in bottles, and I'm not just referring to the heroin headache cures from a century ago. 

After spending 23 years of my life watching my dad go through the guesswork in a white coat that is the medical system, I don't trust ANY pharmaceutical company. How can you when part of the budget for their drugs is specifically for the lawsuits from the unintended consequences of the medication?

Antihero
Antihero SuperDork
1/6/20 4:45 p.m.
Antihero said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Anecdotal evidence suggests that this stuff works. Im VERY hesitant to try, as ppt always made me thirsty for alcohol, and alcohol usually landed me in jail. However, it is touted as a miracle fpr migraines. 

Do we have any other recovering addicts/alcoholics here that have tried it?

I have migraines too and at times would take nearly anything to make it stop. I'd give it a try and see if it works for you, I haven't tried it myself.

I have used a CBD cream on a neck strain and it did lessen the pain for a bit

I tried it and.....it really really helps with migraines.

My migraines are the type that I have to take the max limit of pain pills and then maybe.....it'll dull it enough that I can struggle thru and do stuff. CBD takes away 80-90 percent of the pain with a single dose.

It's not a miracle drug, it's not 100 percent of the pain away, but it gets it into easily managable amounts of pain and that's enough for me.

Signed....the guy that got tired of taking the max dose of Advil and Tylenol at once and having to sleep for most the day just to get 20 percent relief

rustybugkiller
rustybugkiller HalfDork
1/6/20 8:08 p.m.

I had been on and off prednisone for years and had serious sleep issues. The last round I began taking CBD and it allowed me to get a good nights sleep. After my operation I tapered off prednisone and once I was completely off I stopped the CBD. A week later I was waking several times a night and had trouble falling back to sleep. Back on the CBD now and getting a good nights sleep again. I'm sold. It helps my BIL with his knee pain. Not 100% but better than anything else he tried.

Note: gummies don't work for me but that may because of the bowl surgery I've had or it could have been the brand since it was different than the oil I take.

Gingerbeardman
Gingerbeardman Reader
1/6/20 8:44 p.m.

I am interested in this topic because I'm straddling the fence.

I have anecdotal evidence that it works, both on humans and canines, ones that I have a close relationship with.

My female Boxer was starting to act "old" and was having trouble getting up after napping. Watching that for 6 months was enough to make me start researching, as I can't stand seeing my companions suffer unnecessarily. Stumbled onto CBD, researched it, came away confused by all the cross-talk, happened to find some in a pet store so gave it a try. She's on her 4th bottle now and acting like a much younger Boxer.

My best friend's wife has MS and it really kicks the crap out of her. Between the meds she has to take to survive, and the meds she takes to make it tolerable, she really didn't want to add to her pharmacological load. She was encouraged to take CBD and it has helped her a bunch, but she's also been suffering more attacks lately, so it's mostly just leveling her out.

I suffer from anxiety and insomnia. I refuse to get back on those drugs! My occasional night cap has become a nightly ritual and it's taking more to get the same results. I'm not going down that path, so I'm curious about an alternative. 

I just wish there was a legitimate company with guaranteed potency and consistent availability. I agree with a previous poster who said there are too many fly-by-nights, MLM's and snake-oil components going on. It's the Wild West for sure, and that may be good in the beginning, but it will inevitably settle out to piss-poor options for consumers in the future as it's cracked down on, over-regulated and handed over to the big pharma players.

Antihero
Antihero SuperDork
1/6/20 11:22 p.m.

In reply to Gingerbeardman :

https://globalcbdhempproducts.com

This is the one I tried

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
1/7/20 5:07 p.m.

Gotta say the high cbd low thc stuff helped me through my latest tooth thing so far better than anything else. I dont prefer advil/tylanol/etc.  I'll take em but id prefer not to too often. So there's an endorsement from me ;) 

I didn't buy it at bed bath and beyond, but at a dispensary like a law abiding citizen :)

Shadeux
Shadeux Reader
1/7/20 5:20 p.m.

CBD is harmless (considering you purchase it from a proper company.)

It's effect ranges from nothing to life-changing. It reacts differently to each person who tries it. This makes it really hard for some people to try it because you don't know what's going to happen.

But, guaranteed, you will not trip, have a bad trip, or even notice that you took it even if you drink the whole bottle of 120 servings.

I've used CBD for several years. For me it helps keep bad dreams away. That's not what I wanted it to do, but I'm thankful anyway.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/7/20 5:23 p.m.

Odd that this thread pops up having just taken down 800mg of advil trying to keep my eyes open, with my left arm completely berkeleyin fried- and I need that E36 M3 working tomorrow. I'm gonna have to look more into this. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WOFHoaXzYTIoY5PwpDLdXSyjAXXt2mI9XDwlY7UNoFHMKDLbY1wqwKfjgUJROd7o