1 2 3 4
Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
12/25/20 4:43 p.m.
ZOO (Forum Supporter) said:

I am at the stage of my life where new merino wool socks such as Icebreaker or Smartwool are truly the best present ever.  

Likewise.

I got two sets (six pairs total) of kickass thick warm socks.

Also a Carhartt hat.

And a MAD Magazine compilation.

Brian(formerly neon4891)
Brian(formerly neon4891) MegaDork
12/25/20 5:19 p.m.

WoW Shadowlands from my wife.  Cash, a Red Robin gift card, and a bottle of red from other family. 

NOT A TA
NOT A TA SuperDork
12/25/20 5:35 p.m.

I'm at a point in life where I haven't received any gifts for anything in years, however much to my surprise I did get a tchotchke.

[URL=https://app.photobucket.com/u/NOTATA/p/9e1fa470-be72-4853-9d5d-6ee60d9123ba][/URL] 

dropstep
dropstep UberDork
12/25/20 6:05 p.m.

wife got me tubular rear control arms and a tool cart for big presents. Tool cart should save me about 500 steps per job because my garage is too small too work in so I carry everything out too work on my car!

control arms just seemed easier then replacing bushings in the factory ones 

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
12/25/20 7:26 p.m.

My wife got me a buscedero holster for my single action.

I should get into cowboy action shooting.....

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
12/25/20 7:44 p.m.

I got 3 different pairs of socks, so that's a win.  I honestly don't remember much of what I got, because I don't ask for much, but...  my mom gave me a multi-picture frame with photos of my grandfather, my father, me, and my son each taking a bath around 2 years old.  I love it.  Definitely caught me off guard.

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
12/25/20 7:46 p.m.

Honestly I'm feeling like I got shorted now because I didn't get any socks. 

dropstep
dropstep UberDork
12/25/20 7:49 p.m.

Not my loot but I kind of want to ground my kids so I can play with there new Nintendo's 

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
12/25/20 7:57 p.m.

We had the two little ones 2 and 4 up to their ears in presents. More than I can recount but like others have said now id the time to make Christmas big.  The oldest was up at 2:30 trying to get us up but I managed to get him back down by 4 and he actually let us sleep in to 7:00.

Wife got the wool socks this year, the smallest spydreco knife I had ever seen and a roof rack for her CRV. I got some mandalorian merch which is thoughtful and a new Hydro-flask 16oz to campanion my 20oz I got last year. That way I can take a coffee and cold beverage to work with me every day.

Good day, now I am off to finally put the munchkins to bed..... I hope.

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
12/25/20 8:10 p.m.

In general good things, mostly stuff I need for growing our chicken flock now that we are raising chickens.  

But also a bit of a bittersweet difficult one.   Cliffs notes version, dad had a heart attack an almost died last year, this led to me moving south to be closer to the 'rents to help out and mom and I finally gifting dad his dream car last year for christmas because we wanted him to have it while he could.  A corvair wagon, in this case not actually a lakewood as it is a 62 and the lakewood name was not used in 62 but same thing, a 62 Monza Wagon.   Fully mechanically restored with a good interior but an older body restoration which would need redone eventually but we just wanted him to enjoy it.

This year he gifted it back to me.  He is unfortunately too weak after the bypass and cannot care for it or drive it.   

Part of me feels the need to hold on to it and do the body work and make it 100% for the family.   But its not really my kinda car either.   For now I have it in the carport, when my shop gets built (hopefully this spring) I'll put it in there and decide on a plan.  Pops is ok if I decide to sell but this is probably the last thing we will share so I feel like I should make it right and take him for rides in it as long as possible.

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/25/20 8:16 p.m.

I got some wool Carhartt socks, major win. 

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/25/20 8:41 p.m.

Wife and I only exchange small gifts, I received the Eargasm earplugs I really wanted (both for concerts and riding bikes/driving the Maxton) and a funny cat mug.

Santa, err, Amazon also delivered a 23mm lens for my Fuji camera. After I had been eyeballing them for three months and missing out on eBay a lot, I figured that I was willing to cough up a little extra to finally get one. Hopefully I'll have some time next week to use it properly. 

wake74
wake74 Reader
12/25/20 9:10 p.m.

We got our son an Oculus Quest 2.  Now I haven't really played video games since the original Nintendo (and he has all the usual modern systems, just not my thing) so I get they've come a long way, but I wasn't prepared for that experience.   Like freaky crazy realistic.  I spent 45 minutes in the Vader Immortal (game?).  I guess they call it cinematic immersion.  Like being the star of a 45 minute Star Wars film.  Your brain knows it's not real, but your body thinks other wise.  I don't do heights in real life, and all the same feelings come back walking along the edge of the building, or climbing up the drain pipe on the outside.  And Vader is tall (and scary).   I literally broke a sweat in the last fight scene.  Is this how FB finally directly syncs with your brain?  I need a drink......

https://youtu.be/rWfcMwMzfag

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/25/20 9:19 p.m.

Oddly enough no socks this year. Disappointed in that, but I did get Duluth Trading Company Buck Naked underwear. 

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/25/20 9:20 p.m.

I got a nice set of binoculars for birdwatching, a tongue drum (really cool), and a really nice weather station with all the bells and whistles.

Not me playing, and my drum isn't quite this big, but this is a tongue drum.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/25/20 10:14 p.m.

Soundgarden vinyl. My wife got a Big Green Egg, so that means that I get BBQ. smiley

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
12/25/20 11:05 p.m.

My daughter did some shopping!laugh

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UberDork
12/25/20 11:20 p.m.

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

That's really great. I've seen these, didn't know what they were called. 

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/26/20 2:19 a.m.

I got my niece a real bagpipe just to annoy my sister. I sent my best buddy a bottle of BSB. I got my fiance an Audi S4. She got the kids a basketball hoop. I got the kids a 4-lane hot wheels track.

I also got my fiance a set of wheel spacers, so her stocking is full of lug nuts. One of her presents is literally a dip stick. Good times.

I'm excited for my kitten Cheese. He had a toy fish that he took everywhere and let in the water bowl so the time and it got moldy and had to be thrown out. I found the exact same fish and I hope he loves it.

I got a circular saw and a sweet canvas of the family booze.

Christmas for us is tomorrow. I made a deal with the kids that they could get up at 7:30 tomorrow in exchange for 9:30 Sunday. I'm a shrewd negotiator.

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
12/26/20 3:43 a.m.

My fiancée knows exactly what I like. She did well, as usual. heart

BenB (Forum Supporter)
BenB (Forum Supporter) Reader
12/26/20 4:42 a.m.

I got some of those Barrina LED lights everyone here has been talking about. I'm trying to make my so bright that I'll need sunscreen when I work on the cars. Also, a set of Flyin Miata door bushings for my MSM. I was pleasantly surprised that they actually made a noticeable difference.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/26/20 6:00 a.m.
yupididit said:

My fiancée knows exactly what I like. She did well, as usual. heart

Those boots are rad!

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
12/26/20 6:39 a.m.

SWMBO bought me a Rock n Roller multi position cart to carry costume bins and the Gonk droid I built.  We saw one someone had a few months ago & it looked really useful.

She also let me be a deranged Easter Bunny.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
12/26/20 6:49 a.m.

I also got this:

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
12/26/20 6:50 a.m.
barefootskater (Shaun) said:

Honestly I'm feeling like I got shorted now because I didn't get any socks. 

Username does not check out.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
l5Fld5IIzyt2ospJSZSNjYR6uOSxxG4GVAL5MAx9kNHnut43zROuzdqfIdlQO1sy