2 3 4
Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
12/27/20 7:09 a.m.

My kids surprised me with a new floor jack.   Weiner dog for scale.

ZOO (Forum Supporter)
ZOO (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
12/27/20 7:31 a.m.

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

I am a big Fluevog boot guy . . . But I am not a fan of my Pyros.  I went silver/black, but I should have gone with the red or yellow.  The silver/black combo has black flames, and I think I would prefer a black toe.  I’m selling mine . . . Hopefully.  

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
12/27/20 9:13 a.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to ZOO (Forum Supporter) :

I have a pair of Fluevog shoes.  Love them.  I have the Angel Flame Gibsons like this

See the source image

After reading your career path in the other thread, this is the exact footwear I would expect you to have on. 

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
12/27/20 9:23 a.m.
Javelin (Forum Supporter) said:

I got a watch!

Is this a new design?

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
12/27/20 9:24 a.m.

we just did christmas with my family yesterday. I made out with a pair of 4' shop lights that are silly bright, a new bench vice and the inlaws got me another set of ratcheting wrenches in Korean car sizes.  

P3PPY
P3PPY HalfDork
12/27/20 9:42 a.m.

Folks and in-laws both got me “Trail Boss” axes, files, and sharpeners. Return one or dual wield...? Look up on YouTube cheapest axe on amazon

Z4 paraphaneila (I’m so surprised I don’t see a red squiggly line under that! I Gumped it in there right??) including t shirts and a 1:24 scale donut maker  (ahh now the red line appears, oh well)

MIL gave me candy, which I didn’t realize until then but I really consider that a necessary part of Christmas.

the little ones got pooping flamingos, which was scream-worthy :)

Strizzo
Strizzo PowerDork
12/27/20 10:05 a.m.
bigdaddylee82 said:

I said I wanted socks, which was met with some doubt and apprehension. When asked again, I confirmed, socks, and pointed out how threadbare my favorite Smartwools are.

I got 15, yes fifteen, pairs of Smartwools!

Also got a kick ass rifle scope, guess I need to get the Grendel slapped together now.

i have that scope in mil-dot on my .308, and the bsa version in mil-hash on a 6.8 spcII AR, they're good budget glass

mad_machine (Forum Supporter)
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/27/20 11:48 a.m.

I got another boat.. abet, it's a small Llightning "pond sailer" I intend on modifying to look like my GP14.  I am already pondering making it RC and where to mount the GoPro.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
12/27/20 12:13 p.m.

I almost forgot- my kids got me a Jack Skellington onesie as well, and it's awesome!!!

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
12/27/20 12:30 p.m.

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/27/20 12:54 p.m.
dxman92 said:
Javelin (Forum Supporter) said:

I got a watch!

Is this a new design?

No, I've been wanting this one for at least five years.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
12/27/20 1:01 p.m.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UberDork
12/27/20 1:56 p.m.

In reply to Strizzo :

This is my first FFP scope, I've read good things. When they were on sale I sent SWMBO the link, but didn't expect to get it, heck of a surprise! Pairs well with socks. laugh

I ordered the Primary Arms cantilever scope mount for it Christmas day.  I'll be putting it on a 6.5 Grendel, bench, plinker.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
12/27/20 3:00 p.m.

Got a Craftsman V20 1/2" electric impact, will come in handy!

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
12/27/20 3:14 p.m.

20,000 lumen LED portable shop light pair on a tripod stand plus a Daytona high lift floor jack here.  Super happy with both.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle SuperDork
12/27/20 5:19 p.m.

Got a set of wood carving chisels and some allen wrenches that I left in my Amazon wish list about a year ago. Also a pair of apple AirPods. Pretty happy with the loot. 

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
12/27/20 6:15 p.m.

Two Dixxon flannel shirts, two "Dead Skunk Motorsports" sweatshirts, "The Old Car Nut Book" 1,2&3, and a DVD of "Ford vs Ferrari". We'll be having the second half of Christmas this weekend.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue New Reader
12/27/20 8:24 p.m.

Judging by some of this stuff, a few (most?) of y'all are fancier than the better class of losers I usually run with. I only have two pair of boots. One has mud on 'em and the other is an old school pair of cockroach killers. And I owned a watch once. Probably still have it somewhere if I dig deep enough. 

We have a seventeen month old kid and he made out like a bandit. Not really old enough to understand Christmas, but he's having a ball with all the new stuff. I managed to collect a Sturgill Simpson CD and 2020 tour t-shirt (potentially a novelty item since most of the shows were cancelled), some Icelandic chocolate, some good salt licorice, a little jar of hair schmutz, and a sharpening stone. Pretty good haul considering I try hard to play it down. Managed to treat myself to a decent secondhand graphics card and a bottle of brennivin a couple weeks ago for my birthday (close enough to Christmas to sort of grandfather it in) and was given a sweet little Kershaw folding knife. Again, pretty fair considering I try not to let her get me anything.

Strizzo
Strizzo PowerDork
12/28/20 1:25 p.m.
bigdaddylee82 said:

In reply to Strizzo :

This is my first FFP scope, I've read good things. When they were on sale I sent SWMBO the link, but didn't expect to get it, heck of a surprise! Pairs well with socks. laugh

I ordered the Primary Arms cantilever scope mount for it Christmas day.  I'll be putting it on a 6.5 Grendel, bench, plinker.

The bsa was my first ffp scope, and I picked up the primary arms used online with original paperwork, ended up exchanging it and it's replacement due to parralax issues but they were super easy to work with and no hassle on the swap. 

I won't buy a sfp scope anymore, no reason to in my mind unless it's going on a gun that's only taking shots at defined distances (I.e. range only, not hunting)

I have been debating swapping the bsa onto a .223 varmint gun that sees more use than the 6.8

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/28/20 1:28 p.m.

my knife came. 

P3PPY
P3PPY HalfDork
12/29/20 7:54 p.m.

By the way, the first time I ever heard of gifts as “loot” was from Calvin and Hobbes (best comic ever, may it be said for the record) - anyone else?

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lSQBQYhWnrNJWlRx8cel3D3V5CszjlU4O0tMhkncx2oFlhuOVqXWbknKew3NNPXc