http://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/for/1901006563.html

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan HalfDork
9/24/10 11:15 p.m.

funny.

Mikey52_1
Mikey52_1 Reader
9/25/10 1:44 a.m.

The daddy cat would 'take care' of the dude kittens by killing them, and berkeley the females. Maybe in this 'hood the mama abandons babies because it's a baaaad 'hood...

integraguy
integraguy Dork
9/25/10 7:46 a.m.

I don't know which part of Dallas this is from, but I sure hope I never break down in that woman's 'hood.

My former roommate had 3 cats at one time. 2 were fixed and 1 kept getting pregger. As a pet, this cat was a wreck, a real nut case...even for a cat. I was told that when she had litters, things degenerated to the point that this cat would not perform any "motherly-type duties". She would NOT nurse so she might as well have "take care" of her kittens like the daddy cat in the ad.

alex
alex Dork
9/25/10 10:04 a.m.

That is actually a fantastic example of writing in a dialect. You can't help but read it in the narrator's voice. Clean up the punctuation a bit and that's Mark Twain.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo SuperDork
9/25/10 11:52 a.m.

"A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way." ~ Mark Twain

Maybe someone carried off the momma cat by her tail.

3Door4G
3Door4G Reader
9/25/10 10:57 p.m.

Did you notice the lack of mis-spelling and other common mistakes of the undeducated? I think this ad was written in that manner on purpose.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bKA8DI0rdgbJKomzekumf5tNDjSJ6543kuU6SqTkjFwmYy9ZCZNZoBSWVsqkaFug