1 2 3
RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
6/17/21 4:39 p.m.

Has anyone else caught the orangutan pretending to be a farmer on Amazon yet?

I've seen most of the first three episodes, and I gotta hand it to him, at least he's trying.

It's also sort of an eye opener to see how much money goes into making not much money from food.  

Patientzero
Patientzero HalfDork
6/17/21 5:33 p.m.

I live in farm country and I've learned more about farming in the first 3 episodes than I have in my whole life.  2 thumbs up from me.

Slippery
Slippery UberDork
6/17/21 5:36 p.m.

I don't really like Clarkson, but started watching anyways. Its a really good show. 

I am on episode 3. That Gerald guy is hilarious. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UberDork
6/17/21 5:41 p.m.

I've heard some people think its better than Grand Tour

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
6/17/21 5:49 p.m.

My wife and I watch it. We dig it. 
some say its better  than the grand tour. Some say I agree completely 

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
6/17/21 6:18 p.m.

Really digging it. You'd expect it to be funny, and it is, but it's surprisingly sincere and charming, too. Certainly the best of the GT trio's Amazon solo projects so far. James May in Japan is OK, but Hammond's thing on a desert island is pretty bad, IMO. I only made it partway through the first episode.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/17/21 6:33 p.m.

It's a LAMBORGHINI!

preach (fs)
preach (fs) HalfDork
6/17/21 6:47 p.m.

He made fun of Hammond living in the sticks...often,

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/17/21 7:24 p.m.

It's teaching me a lot more about farming than I ever knew, especially the more grim aspects like culling a herd. 

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
6/17/21 9:18 p.m.

In reply to Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) :

James Mays "oh cook!" Is pretty good actually. I haven't seen nearly as much advertising for it, but for a man who can't cook to do a cooking show it was good.

miatafan
miatafan New Reader
6/17/21 9:21 p.m.

I watched the first episode last weekend and thought it was hilarious.  

As someone who grew up as a farm hand, I would highly recommend.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
6/17/21 9:42 p.m.

Clarkson is just plain good at language. I'll have to give this a go. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
6/17/21 11:43 p.m.

Two episodes in and I'm quite enjoying this. Thanks for pointing it out. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
6/18/21 6:37 a.m.

On the last Harry's Farm video on YouTube he mentioned that Clarkson is a neighbor - I wonder if he's provided any advice.

Furious_E (Forum Supporter)
Furious_E (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
6/18/21 8:02 a.m.

Checked it out last night after seeing this thread, very entertaining. Thanks RevRico!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
6/18/21 10:31 a.m.

I pointed my tablet to this last night at something like 3am.  I was awake so I thought I would try it.  I was almost immediately asleep and really saw none of it.  Thanks, it worked perfectly for what I wanted it to do. smiley

However, I do look forward to trying it again another evening. 

Is the attractive blonde his young wife or daughter? 

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UltraDork
6/18/21 10:55 a.m.

Blonde is his girlfriend.  Wife and I watched the first three episodes last night and absolutely enjoyed them.  I agree that it's funny and sincere at the same time.  I still find myself wondering what is "for show" and what's real, but not so much it makes it less enjoyable. 

Thanks for the recommendation!

-Rob

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/18/21 11:04 a.m.

Watched 1.5 episodes last night. Really enjoyed it, probably some of the best Clarkson we've seen. 

I think he's being genuine here. Obviously some of it is schtick - doing zamboni style turns instead of the 3-point turn, for instance - but I think he's emotionally invested in getting this to work. What I'm most curious about, is how much is he actually working on the farm? 

My favorite part of it so far was everybody telling him his tractor is too big, until the 22 year old "Its a Lamborghini!", nothing but pure excitement and jealousy instead of admonishing Jezza for being Jezza. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
6/18/21 11:04 a.m.

Girlfriend. She's about 50, Clarkson is late 50s.

I agree that it very much comes across as genuine, especially the end of the sheep episode. He doesn't need the money at all, but at 1000 acres it's no toy hobby farm. It takes real work. I think it's going to end up a very good view into what it takes to run a farm.

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
6/18/21 11:44 a.m.
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) said:

Hammond's thing on a desert island is pretty bad, IMO. I only made it partway through the first episode.

Agreed, it was awful.  On the other hand I've enjoyed watching "Richard Hammond's Big!" engineering documentary series with my kids.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/18/21 11:51 a.m.
nderwater said:
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) said:

Hammond's thing on a desert island is pretty bad, IMO. I only made it partway through the first episode.

Agreed, it was awful.  On the other hand I've enjoyed watching "Richard Hammond's Big!" engineering documentary series with my kids.

That dessert island thing had absolutely terrible writing. Could have been pretty funny. Instead it was painful. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
6/18/21 1:00 p.m.

Already finished all 8 episodes, I really enjoyed it. I hope they can find a way to make a 2nd Season and keep up the momentum. 

fromeast2west
fromeast2west Reader
6/18/21 5:52 p.m.

I finished Clarkson's Farm last night, and really enjoyed it.   I started watching The Great Escapists afterward, and the first episode is pretty bad, but I'll give it another try.

James May has a bunch of stuff on Prime too, and I enjoy just about everything he does.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
6/18/21 6:05 p.m.

May's "The Reassembler" is pure James May soliloquizing over screwdrivers as he putters to put something back together. It's on YouTube without the blessing of the BBC, but the BBC gives no way to watch it otherwise.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/18/21 7:07 p.m.
fromeast2west said:

I started watching The Great Escapists afterward, and the first episode is pretty bad, but I'll give it another try.

It gets better. It doesn't get good. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nyTyaDbnLj15vaxkGJZbPtdY54bcVcV7F2atcH5P3edNp9scEActpplgBAJShNmn