6/8/22 10:38 a.m.

^ How mine has worked out so far 

tomtomgt356 (Tommy)
tomtomgt356 (Tommy) Reader
6/8/22 1:48 p.m.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/8/22 2:00 p.m.

I'm always fascinated by people who claim to enjoy coffee.  Based on the taste, it has to be an addiction.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
6/8/22 2:45 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

I'm always fascinated by people who claim to enjoy coffee.  Based on the taste, it has to be an addiction.

There are people who claim to enjoy bourbon and scotch.  To the uneducated palate, these can taste harsh and unpleasant.  Surely the only people who drink such things are drunkards.

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
6/8/22 2:51 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

This may be the most incorrect statement I've ever read on this site. 

Nectar of the gods I say. Maybe the best discovery mankind has ever found. Sliced bread pales in comparison.

wae
wae PowerDork
6/8/22 2:55 p.m.

I've known a few people who have always said "I don't know how something that smells so good can taste so bad!"  But to each their own!

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/8/22 2:58 p.m.
wae said:

I've known a few people who have always said "I don't know how something that smells so good can taste so bad!"  But to each their own!

Those are called children.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/8/22 3:00 p.m.
Toyman! said:
Streetwiseguy said:

This may be the most incorrect statement I've ever read on this site. 

Nectar of the gods I say. Maybe the best discovery mankind has ever found. Sliced bread pales in comparison.

Based on pure numbers, I know I'm wrong.  I'm a pariah in my own family, but in my 62 years, I've tried 3 cups, and they all tasted like burnt dirt...

Oapfu
Oapfu New Reader
6/8/22 4:27 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Oapfu :

Energy drinks came up the other day.

Yeah, I've almost had that happen a few times.  Usually either Red Bull or "the-name-of-the-flavor-is-a-color".

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) Dork
6/8/22 5:08 p.m.
Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
6/9/22 8:56 a.m.

My coffee pot says I have 6 cups a day, my Star Wars mug says I have 3 cups a day.

Either way, I stay a happy man.

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/9/22 9:03 a.m.

In reply to Oapfu :

LOL, personally I agree, horrible thing, but they are popular.  Just about the only time I've tried them was when a couple of big lifted pickups from MONSTER turned up a few times at Autocross events on Belle Isle and many scantily clad young ladies were handing out free cans, and it would have been inpolite to refuse them, once or twice.  I took one sip, threw away the open can and gave away the others.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/9/22 11:03 a.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

I like my coffee strong, black, dark roasted, BUT - with a fair amount of sugar.  It does need something to flatten out the taste.

DW loves the smell of coffee but can detect 1 part per million of coffee flavor, and doesn't like it at all.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
6/9/22 11:40 a.m.
Duke said:

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

I like my coffee strong, black, dark roasted, BUT - with a fair amount of sugar.  It does need something to flatten out the taste.

Very similar here, but I refrain from using sugar and find that a splash of 2% milk improves the experience.

Edit:  Plus, I get calcium, for strong bones!laugh

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9AoMvEdT3yRrQSw5v0GbDskHLBkUQ4l7pA00hg2ddk1i4mxp0WgrCv7dl5J9NXyI