7 8 9
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter)
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/3/21 11:06 p.m.
kazoospec said:
That's what we assumed as well.  Nope.  When my wife was helping him look into it, this school basically said, "you can fill FAFSA if you want, but your eligibility will be determined by our own matrix, so you might as well fill that out."  Ironically, from everything we've read, he could "emancipate", drop out of schooling for a year, work a minimum wage job for a year, then apply with only his own income and pretty much attend with everything covered.  Fortunately, there are still other more affordable options.

Pretty amazing actually. And I'm aware of at least one individual who's done essentially that. 

SkinnyG (Forum Supporter)
SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) UberDork
11/30/21 9:34 p.m.

I once wrote an essay on a canoe.

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 UltraDork
11/30/21 9:40 p.m.

Haha. What a resurrection! Without the canoe, I'd say there is no reason you have to graduate college with a bunch of debt.

I'm sure it's been said- but please encourage your people to consider the military. Teach for America. Really any "service" gets you a bunch of college paid for if you are willing to give of yourself. My son enlisted in the Air National Guard and they are bending over backward to support his college. Not even including the GI bill. 

old thread, I know. My kid leaves for boot camp in two weeks and I'm so proud. We've saved for his college but most likely he won't need any of it. 

Kennethbelgrave
Kennethbelgrave New Reader
5/31/22 1:22 p.m.

Yes, that's why I am working and studying at university because otherwise, I would not have enough money to do my studies. That's why I use this service https://edubirdie.com/buy-term-paper to buy term paper because otherwise, I would not be able to work in parallel. Because there are very high requirements at the college I am at, and I wouldn't be able to do everything. Edubirdie is perfect for people who want to succeed everything at once, for example, for me )) LOL

7 8 9
Our Preferred Partners
eiqbdJx0JxrmON32DGNodTCfTNaTy4AYRU9ioWZfkEGVOlaVBlbMj4KjLGdciCCq