1 2 3 4 5
noddaz
noddaz UltraDork
3/16/20 2:10 p.m.

Nothing at all.

TopNoodles
TopNoodles Reader
3/16/20 2:12 p.m.

Who was it that started the thread about the "lifetime" TP roll?

Bet your friends and family aren't laughing now!

einy
einy HalfDork
3/16/20 2:29 p.m.

I bought two cans of Skyline Chili this past weekend instead of my usual one.  Sorry, not sorry !

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago UltraDork
3/16/20 3:54 p.m.

I bought 10 bottles of apple juice (5 gal) and 4 cans of concentrate, making myself look like a very specific, very weird hoarder. In my defense, I'm stuck at home for the next two weeks so I figure I might as well brew some hard cider. I've been meaning to for a while anyway. 

slowbird
slowbird Dork
3/16/20 4:01 p.m.

I got 4 boxes of slot car parts in the mail today. The funny part is, I didn't even order them all on the same day. Two were from the UK and were ordered before the others, which were ordered from US sources.

wae
wae UltraDork
3/16/20 4:05 p.m.
thatsnowinnebago said:

I bought 10 bottles of apple juice (5 gal) and 4 cans of concentrate, making myself look like a very specific, very weird hoarder. In my defense, I'm stuck at home for the next two weeks so I figure I might as well brew some hard cider. I've been meaning to for a while anyway. 

Tell me more!

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
3/16/20 4:45 p.m.

Water, .556, 9mm, car parts, might pick up some batteries (aa,aaa, 123s), 

TVR Scott
TVR Scott Dork
3/16/20 7:56 p.m.
thatsnowinnebago said:

I've been that same weird hoarder buying a lot of frozen juice, to be used for the same reason.  Except I added 5 lb of sugar to mine, and it magically turned into wine.  Then it magically turned into hangover.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
3/16/20 8:48 p.m.

No panic-hoarding for us ... but last week we needed TP, our normal low inventory requirement had been been met. Stop & Shop and Walmart were out of stock. E36 M3! We're BJ's members so we went there. On that specific day, they were fully stocked, but limiting pachages to two each. We bought two. Why not, knowing the circumstances? Next day they were out of stock. Also, taking this further, we eat out at restaurants at least 5-6 nights a week. So we had no food in the house last week . Fortunately we purchased a couple weeks of food later in the week. Now I'm glad we did, because all restaurants are closed to dining-in. Hoarding? No, it's called surviving. Hoarding beyond your needs is stupid. But unfortunately we have to do what me must in times like this.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
3/16/20 9:14 p.m.

I accidentally bought four pounds of chicken instead of two.  

But I work at Costco, I see more idiotic overbuying in an hour than most do in a month.

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
3/16/20 9:33 p.m.

I started to go to Walmart last night to buy 2 quarts of oil to keep in the Miata and a bottle of Irish Spring. Changed my mind and didn't go. Now we have restricted hours and I work night shift. I'm making a lot of questionable decisions in this mess. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
3/16/20 9:37 p.m.

I bought groceries and bought a little bit extra, just so if I get sick I can self quarantine without putting anyone else in danger.

If I had to quantify, Id say maybe $40 worth of extra food.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
3/16/20 11:37 p.m.

Just ordered 300 rounds of .357, I'm well stocked on most, could stand to add some more .40 & .45 but it's pretty much sold out everywhere.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/17/20 12:15 a.m.

Nothing. I have self-respect. Fun stuff, sure, go crazy, but food and essentials? Don't (intentionally) be that guy.

pjbgravely
pjbgravely HalfDork
3/17/20 12:36 a.m.

I horded 3 bottles of Brewery Ommegang "My watch has ended" ale. I was going to horde my favorite soup that can only be found in a store 45 miles from home but they had no soup at all on the shelves.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago UltraDork
3/17/20 2:41 a.m.
wae said:
thatsnowinnebago said:

Tell me more!

Dump all that in a bucket, toss in a packet of brewing yeast (I used a dry mead one this time), let sit for a few days to a week-ish, bottle, enjoy. I'm happy to go into more detail via PM if you want. 

Andrewsky
Andrewsky New Reader
3/17/20 4:20 a.m.

our pantry, ref, and freezer are packed.

slowride
slowride Dork
3/17/20 6:45 a.m.

I'm pretty sure this is going to cause me to lose weight. Not because of worry (although some), but because I haven't been to the store in a while. I'm eating all the healthy food I had bought previously and then ignored.

Ottawa (Eric)
Ottawa (Eric) Reader
3/17/20 7:52 a.m.

Lets see, two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/17/20 9:45 a.m.
wae said:

I bought a ham that we didn't really need because it was half-price and made of ham.

Had nothing to do with the Kung Flu, though.  I would have bought that ham at that price any day.

You mean to tell me ham is made of.....ham? I thought it was pork! 

wae
wae UltraDork
3/17/20 10:18 a.m.
Mndsm said:
wae said:

I bought a ham that we didn't really need because it was half-price and made of ham.

Had nothing to do with the Kung Flu, though.  I would have bought that ham at that price any day.

You mean to tell me ham is made of.....ham? I thought it was pork! 

Well, I don't know about all of them, but this one sure was!

Dad actually bought a ham once that apparently "didn't cure properly".  He baked it the way he usually would for a spiral ham and it came out tasting like super thin pork chops.  It was amazing, but tasted nothing like ham.  He called the company that made it and they said it happens occasionally, is perfectly safe to eat, and sent him a coupon for a free ham.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' SuperDork
3/17/20 11:02 a.m.

Nicotine gum. I bought three of the biggest boxes (480 pieces total) the other day to get in front of the smokers that will realize at some point that quitting will improve their survival odds.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
3/17/20 11:16 a.m.

Serious Q to and about people hording ammo.  Seriously why?  Do people really think this is going to bring down the government and society so we need to wall ourselves in and shoot intruders?  I don't get it.  The TP hoarders will have a years supply of TP, how many years supply of ammo are people buying?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/17/20 11:20 a.m.
Ottawa (Eric) said:

Lets see, two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.

Not that we needed all  that for the pandemic, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. 

Antihero
Antihero SuperDork
3/17/20 11:23 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson said:

Serious Q to and about people hording ammo.  Seriously why?  Do people really think this is going to bring down the government and society so we need to wall ourselves in and shoot intruders?  I don't get it.  The TP hoarders will have a years supply of TP, how many years supply of ammo are people buying?

To hunt with is one thought.

Other thought is if you like guns.....you want ammo to shoot them with. Ammo shortages means less ammo, regardless of why.

The last one is..... why the hell not?

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UZW11ZgsKW1BCWOgtX8e2jlBMXTuXnLIKlGhMgLsJV5TYkcYwET4nlSAaLQYem6r