3 4 5 6 7
spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
3/19/20 12:14 p.m.

I wouldn't call it hoarding, but I used to stockpile motor oil when you could save a lot by buying a case.  There's no incentive now. I buy as I need it.  

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
3/19/20 12:14 p.m.

I wouldn't call it hoarding, but I used to stockpile motor oil when you could save a lot by buying a case.  There's no incentive now. I buy as I need it.  

Karacticus
Karacticus Dork
3/19/20 12:20 p.m.

I guess my recently received purchase of 4 cans of ATE 200 brake fluid retroactively counts as a hoarding purchase. 
The additional bottle of bourbon doesn't-- it was on sale. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
3/19/20 12:28 p.m.

I suppose another race car counts as hoarding...... This makes 4 but one is waiting pick up and one is just going away soon.  So that's reasonable, right?

The0retical
The0retical UberDork
3/19/20 12:39 p.m.
ChrisLS8 said:

In reply to The0retical :

I take it you aren't much of a pistol guy considering the lack of 9mm and .38. ironically I only have one rifle but 4-9mms and some other misc pistols

I love pistols, I just like common calibers. I have 3 1911s of varying lengths and 3 .22lr pistols in the safe at the moment.

The 2 of the .22s are to instruct with when needed and the other is a target pistol. One of the .45s is my carry piece and the other two are also target pistols.

I've been kicking around the idea of a Glock 19, but then I need another caliber of ammo and I really don't carry a weapon that often anymore. I'd rather build a .45 bullpup as my next project. (That or try to make the M44 "accurate")

ChrisLS8
ChrisLS8 Reader
3/19/20 12:49 p.m.

In reply to The0retical :

Have you looked into 9 UCs for carrying? I just got a Taurus G2C and with their new "management" the quality is damn impressive even compared to guns that cost 3 times as much. 

I've only put about 150 rds through it but it's been flawless and there isnt even a iota of slop. If they keep this up they might even shake their previous stigma

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/19/20 12:54 p.m.

I just bought 10 cans of r134 at the parts store.

 

But it was $2 a can. So i hoarded it. Should be good for a couple of years  

The0retical
The0retical UberDork
3/19/20 1:10 p.m.

In reply to ChrisLS8 :

I've been pretty impressed with what's been coming out of Taurus lately, the ones I've shot anyway, it really is night and day compared to where they used to be. I remember back in the day when the joke about Taurus quality was that the pistols were cast in jungle somewhere, as if they were Brazilian FP-45 Liberators.

I haven't looked into the 9UC that much, but what I have seen compares it to the P239, which is some pretty high praise in and of itself.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
3/19/20 2:49 p.m.

I need to stop checking this thread.  I have an irrational desire to head over to the gun shop, even though I really don't need anything, and seem to never have time to hit the range anymore.

wae
wae UltraDork
3/19/20 2:51 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

At least you CAN hit the range.  I usually wind up high and left.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
3/19/20 2:52 p.m.

Since the state of Texas is still being nice enough to sell firearm and firearm related items to states like mine were everything is sold out I just ordered 4 more magazines 

Antihero
Antihero SuperDork
3/19/20 3:07 p.m.
ChrisLS8 said:

In reply to The0retical :

Have you looked into 9 UCs for carrying? I just got a Taurus G2C and with their new "management" the quality is damn impressive even compared to guns that cost 3 times as much. 

I've only put about 150 rds through it but it's been flawless and there isnt even a iota of slop. If they keep this up they might even shake their previous stigma

Especially amazing since at one point they were 149 bucks new.

 

That's Hi Point money, and they are 50 times better

Antihero
Antihero SuperDork
3/19/20 3:12 p.m.
The0retical said:
ChrisLS8 said:

In reply to The0retical :

I take it you aren't much of a pistol guy considering the lack of 9mm and .38. ironically I only have one rifle but 4-9mms and some other misc pistols

I love pistols, I just like common calibers. I have 3 1911s of varying lengths and 3 .22lr pistols in the safe at the moment.

The 2 of the .22s are to instruct with when needed and the other is a target pistol. One of the .45s is my carry piece and the other two are also target pistols.

I've been kicking around the idea of a Glock 19, but then I need another caliber of ammo and I really don't carry a weapon that often anymore. I'd rather build a .45 bullpup as my next project. (That or try to make the M44 "accurate")

Mosin?

 

My 91/30 is decently accurate, much more so when it's cold for some reason (and if you believe the internet it gets more accurate in the presence of Nazis lol)

 

The m44 is more accurate, and shoots closer to point of aim with the bayonet out too from what I hear

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
3/19/20 3:15 p.m.
wae said:

In reply to eastsideTim :

At least you CAN hit the range.  I usually wind up high and left.

 

smiley

Sadly, the one shooting competition a year I go to is this weekend, but I am not risking it, since EastsideWife is too susceptible to respiratory infections and secondary infections from them.  Don't need to risk bringing something back home to her.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
3/19/20 5:58 p.m.

I don’t consider this to be a panic/hoarding purchase, since I’ve wanted one from the moment that I learned of their existence (about two years ago?), but it did seem like a good time to pull the trigger for a hundred bucks. 

Behold: The Rocket Stove!

79rex
79rex Reader
3/19/20 6:48 p.m.

I bought 10 packs of tuna today at the grocery store, would've bought less.  But there were at least 3 boxes full, and it was on sale.

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie Dork
3/19/20 6:50 p.m.

I don't know when society will crumble so I grabbed some Honda ShinEtsu grease and dielectric. Priorities...

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
3/19/20 7:41 p.m.

I said I was done buying ammo, but I had a buddy who wanted to split a case of 9mm, so I obliged.

Now I'm done.

I'm an easy mark.

SWMBO says I run "Lee's Home for Orphaned and Wayward Firearms."

The0retical
The0retical UberDork
3/19/20 7:51 p.m.

In reply to Antihero :

This $100 dollar surplus special Mosin M44 shoots about 3 feet to the left at 20 yards. Not sure it matters that much because the bayonet on the thing reaches about that far.

On further examination it appears the front post is bent under the hood, but I need to take it out to the range with a laser to start experimenting with it. Sure does make a cool shockwave when it's humid out though.

Antihero
Antihero SuperDork
3/19/20 8:13 p.m.
The0retical said:

In reply to Antihero :

This $100 dollar surplus special Mosin M44 shoots about 3 feet to the left at 20 yards. Not sure it matters that much because the bayonet on the thing reaches about that far.

On further examination it appears the front post is bent under the hood, but I need to take it out to the range with a laser to start experimenting with it. Sure does make a cool shockwave when it's humid out though.

Did you extend the bayonet? The hinge puts a lot of pressure on the barrel ( apparently)

 

I wish I had snagged one when they were $75

lotusseven7
lotusseven7 Reader
3/19/20 9:56 p.m.

I certainly don't need any more guns, but while picking up some clay pigeons and shells today, there just happened to be a used KelTec PMR30 in the showcase. I guess for $300 I was wrong and I did in fact need another gun. Who knew!

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
3/20/20 2:06 a.m.

I went to rural king to grab battery's and to see what they had left in stock for optics. Optics are gone outside of stuff larger then I need but they had 2 300 count boxes of 9mm so I grabbed one while I was there. I was tempted to buy both but figured I'd leave a little 9mm on the shelf 

Woody
Woody MegaDork
3/20/20 6:11 a.m.

I just scored eight rolls on my way into work. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
3/20/20 6:18 a.m.

We.go through 5lbs of flour about every two weeks. Mrs. Deuce likes to bake. I wanted to be a reasonable person and buy 5lbs more since we were low, but all they had on the shelf was one 25lb bag. I felt bad carrying it through the store. She's home from work and kid#1 is home from college so there is a lot of baking going on, we'll use it, but I still felt bad. 

bluej
bluej UberDork
3/20/20 7:42 a.m.

I dropped $300 on adafruit on monday, and it came yesterday. It occurred to me that diving in to the piduino world would be a good use of stuck home time. I was worried about shipping/stock levels so I had rushed to get the order in, and I think I was one of the last to ship out before they closed their physical office (in NY).

 

3 4 5 6 7
Our Preferred Partners
varO1MSaYLYl619JNpi8vvUZtRFYPtwhpY5OQw9ju6siDfU0YUwFi89Cs8OWWCwJ