rob_lewis
rob_lewis UberDork
9/28/22 11:23 p.m.

Dang.....

Gansta's Paradise was his biggest hit, but I always liked Fantastic Voyage better.

-Rob

birdmayne
birdmayne Reader
9/28/22 11:33 p.m.

Well shoot.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/29/22 12:38 a.m.

Well, hes gone on a most fantastic voyage.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
9/29/22 6:53 a.m.

Early reports are that First Responders were heard to say, "1,2,3,4 Get ya self up off the floor"

STM317
STM317 PowerDork
9/29/22 7:10 a.m.
rob_lewis said:

Dang.....

Gansta's Paradise was his biggest hit, but I always liked Fantastic Voyage better.

-Rob

He died, died dippity died.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
9/29/22 8:56 a.m.

Rip. 

jharry3
jharry3 Dork
9/29/22 9:48 a.m.

I truly have no idea who this was...

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
9/29/22 9:59 a.m.

Had no idea he was originally a local

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UberDork
9/29/22 10:09 a.m.
jharry3 said:

It's all good.  Us GenXer's on the board remember him, especially his braids sticking up around his head. You've probably heard Gangsta's Paradise at some point, but he wasn't some super popular world wide artist, just a familiar name from my high school days.  I'm not like, distraught, about it or anything.  Just another reminder I'm old and 1990 wasn't 1o years ago.....

-Rob

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
9/29/22 10:11 a.m.

Prolly saw his last performance.

Near the house we went and saw an "I love the 90's" concert with Vanilla Ice, Color me Badd, Robb Base, Young MC and of course... Coolio.
Came back out with Vanilla to dance with all the ladies let onstage, and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.    It was a good time, never would have thought.....

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/29/22 10:12 a.m.
rob_lewis said:
jharry3 said:

It's all good.  Us GenXer's on the board remember him, especially his braids sticking up around his head. You've probably heard Gangsta's Paradise at some point, but he wasn't some super popular world wide artist, just a familiar name from my high school days.  I'm not like, distraught, about it or anything.  Just another reminder I'm old and 1990 wasn't 1o years ago.....

-Rob

^This.  Guy only has a couple of years on me.  Another reminder the 90s were 30 years ago, and i'm no longer a young fella.  Oh, and my dad died at 59, so theres that..

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/29/22 4:00 p.m.

I always got annoyed that I wasn't hearing the full Stevie Wonder song everytime I heard Gangstas Paradise. 

RIP Coolio. One of the better samplings of all time.

jharry3
jharry3 Dork
9/29/22 4:15 p.m.
06HHR (Forum Supporter) said:
rob_lewis said:
jharry3 said:

-Rob

^This.  Guy only has a couple of years on me.  Another reminder the 90s were 30 years ago, and i'm no longer a young fella.  Oh, and my dad died at 59, so theres that..

I guess he wasn't a thing for Baby Boomers...

SpeedwayFan
SpeedwayFan Reader
9/29/22 5:08 p.m.

Coolio was a funny legend it's a shame he's gone now

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
9/30/22 7:36 a.m.

That music was NOT my tastes in the '90s, but G. P. was a great song. I'll have to look up voyage, now. 
Although not my thing, I did know who he was. 
lotta water under the bridge since them days, but time sure does fly by. Seems like just a few years ago. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/30/22 8:45 a.m.

I remember...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2TeLAtakRIFbZyrdrB3Ji4igHdT1ZsjkDs9E1yYr5OdOb6zArCtoQKOUSyEmZ38J