47 48 49
SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/27/21 8:12 a.m.

A conversation sounds more like this...

"Bob, I hear your concern. You know something?  You're right on that issue. I really hadn't considered it from that point of view. I kind of think it's already being handled, but I could be wrong.  I am interested in hearing more of your perspective. What are some ideas you have that you think may improve the situation?"

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
1/27/21 8:14 a.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:
SVreX (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to mtn (Forum Supporter) :

That's not a conversation. It's a dare. A challenge. 

You are asking Bob to prove you wrong, instead of just listening to his perspective and legitimately considering it. 

But that is the thing. I have listened. I've considered it. He hasn't given me anything to believe his position is anything other than one of being contrarian and not liking being told what to do. I'm pretty sure that if Indiana required residents to use indoor plumbing, he would build an outhouse out of spite and use it, despite having and preferring indoor plumbing. (I'm assuming he prefers indoor plumbing. He may not. No judgement, I prefer to pee outside myself).

If you are listening, then why so aggressive?

You do not sound like you want to converse. You sound like you disagree with Bob, and want to shut him down. 

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/27/21 8:14 a.m.

Paul, we've done that. He hasn't provided anything to back it up other than his feelings. Back it up with facts, peer reviewed studies. It hasn't happened. 

I want to get out of this hell. I want to get back my wife and I have 4 jobs instead of 1. Show me a faster way to do that than vaccines. Challenge. Dare. Don't care. That is what I want. A better solution. If you don't have one, show me why the vaccines are not a good solution. 

It sounds like shouting down because there is no (or I have seen no) reasonable response to it. Give me a response to the substance of this post. Shout me down with facts. 

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/27/21 8:18 a.m.

Everyone, get your vaccine as soon as you can. The sooner you do, the sooner we get back to some semblance of normalcy. 

Last post - I'm backing out of the thread. No point anymore. 

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
1/27/21 8:21 a.m.

In reply to mtn (Forum Supporter) :

Reasonable by YOUR measure. 

You are still asking for proof. Demanding.  Why are his opinions and feelings illegitimate?

Bob has no obligation to provide backup for anything he says, and neither do you.  You are free to disagree, but stop trying to demand proof.

mtn (Forum Supporter) said:

Alternatively, can you show me a faster, cheaper, and safer way of getting out of this hell than widespread vaccine utilization? 

Faster and cheaper? Let the virus run it's course and deal with the consequences. We would have been done with it months ago. 

For those concerned with safety, I suggest staying home. 

And I haven't really seen the situation as hell. Just something to be dealt with. People die all the time and as someone who is comfortable with his mortality, it doesn't bother me at all.

Some peoples response to this have boggled the mind. 

9 million people a year die from starvation and its related disease. And here y'all are getting worked up over a little virus. It's been pretty disgusting to watch. The public and personal responses to this virus have done more to erode my faith in humanity than anything else in my lifetime. 

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
1/27/21 8:27 a.m.
Toyman01 (Moderately Supportive Dude) said:

For those concerned with safety, I suggest staying home. 

A lot of people don't have that option.

tester (Forum Supporter)
tester (Forum Supporter) Reader
1/27/21 8:28 a.m.

In reply to SVreX (Forum Supporter) :

I am doing my best to keep it brief and informative. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/27/21 8:30 a.m.

deleted. If I'm expected to shout down anyone its not a conversation.

the proper response IMO was to secure thoe most vulnerable, ensure their safety and let the rest of the world continue on with a survivability  rate of 99% for the most active part of the population. let the virus run it's course, vaccinate those most vulnerable as quick as possible. that was my idea of a correct response. The endless lockdowns were not the option we should have taken. Segregating people and isolating the entire population has ledd to more mental health issues. But whatever. 

wae
wae UberDork
1/27/21 8:31 a.m.

I try to remember two things:

1. 999 times out of 1,000, everyone is approaching [whatever issue] from a place of goodness and wanting to produce the best possible outcome.

2. 1,000 times out of 1,000, every issue has multiple facets and any solution to that issue will involve compromises.  Any time you have to compromise, you have to assign values and prioritize and everyone will make those assignments differently.  But also, see point #1.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
1/27/21 8:41 a.m.

I'm going to go ahead and lock this for a few days; seems like everybody needs a chance to settle down.

47 48 49

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
KiYlBaWYp5PfXTk34joDlzvYZ0q43BkbBBzuKt2DKMn9Qaqz37vY86epCKejRzFz