1 2
carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
7/10/12 11:48 a.m.

Since I know most of you wear foil hats (because they are fun & stylish) I'd like to ask for your help.

I'm doing a short video for my customers on getting & keeping high credit scores and I wanted to do a short Billy Crystal type bit to break up a very boring subject.

I'm not much on conspiracy theories or even wacko ideas but have any of you heard any good ones about credit that might be funny for me to use?

I'm thinking I'll dress up and play different "people on the street" interviews.

Yes, the things I do and call work.

nderwater
nderwater UltraDork
7/10/12 12:25 p.m.

This makes me think of the last 10 minutes of Fight Club.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
7/10/12 12:35 p.m.

What really is the function of a foil hat. I wear mine because, well, I just try to fit in, but I really don't know why.

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
7/10/12 12:44 p.m.

no tin foil hat chat is complete w/o the Bildebergers, Trilateral Commission and NWO for starters

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt SuperDork
7/10/12 12:56 p.m.
fasted58 wrote: no tin foil hat chat is complete w/o the Bildebergers, Trilateral Commission and NWO for starters

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the guys on the board of directors at bigger banks really are members of the Trilateral Commission or get invited to the Bilgerberg Conferences from time to time. That might be good for some tinfoil hattery.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve UltimaDork
7/10/12 1:02 p.m.

I always envision a board room like in Dr Strangelove where they sit around and plot ways to get kids hooked on credit.

"How about scantily-clad women in college campuses?"

"Brilliant!"

"How about giving away cute bears at the airport?"

"Genius!"

Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition Reader
7/10/12 1:04 p.m.

Here are a few:

1) Credit companies lower your credit score as soon as they find out you are black (or brown, or live in a certain neighborhood, etc.). 2) If you don't understand what you are borrowing and under what terms, you're a victim of predatory lending. 3) As long as I can afford the payments, I can afford the debt. 4) I paid the right price for the car because the dealer made my payment only $200 more than I told him I could afford. 5) I can trust the car dealer to give me the best interest rate according to my credit standing (and see #4).

And, yes, I am a credit professional.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x UltraDork
7/10/12 1:18 p.m.

You honkeys and non-honkeys can thank my racist butt later.

Emergency by Neil Strauss.

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
7/10/12 2:24 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: I always envision a board room like in Dr Strangelove where they sit around and plot ways to get kids hooked on credit. "How about scantily-clad women in college campuses?" "Brilliant!" "How about giving away cute bears at the airport?" "Genius!"

They've already done that and it's since been outlawed. What a shame.

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
7/10/12 2:28 p.m.
Basil Exposition wrote: Here are a few: 1) Credit companies lower your credit score as soon as they find out you are black (or brown, or live in a certain neighborhood, etc.). 2) If you don't understand what you are borrowing and under what terms, you're a victim of predatory lending. 3) As long as I can afford the payments, I can afford the debt. 4) I paid the right price for the car because the dealer made my payment only $200 more than I told him I could afford. 5) I can trust the car dealer to give me the best interest rate according to my credit standing (and see #4). And, yes, I am a credit professional.

See, you are way too rational. That's the kinds of things I think up. I'm wanting some tin foil hat type of stuff. I'm hoping that I can add some levity and somehow use it as a teaching moment.

Stuff more along the lines of the testicle eating fish or the little one that swims up & lodges itself in your manhood.

BUT #2 is basically the present day Congressional definition of predatory lending, that is if you add that "I'm looking for an excuse not to have to pay my loan back."

It's funny how you just HAVE to have something till you've got it. As evidenced by all the "OK I've bought this thing now what do I do with it" threads.

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
7/10/12 2:31 p.m.
Xceler8x wrote: You honkeys and non-honkeys can thank my racist butt later. Emergency by Neil Strauss.

I've got to find a way to quickly get a copy of that so that I can at least let it be seen in the video.

New World Order is good, but what is the name of the group of Jewish (?) Financiers/billionaires that supposedly secretly run the world?

Xceler8x
Xceler8x UltraDork
7/10/12 3:02 p.m.

I've heard of Jewish empire builders referred to as Zionists. The definition doesn't fit the word's usage but that doesn't seem to bother some folks who bandy the term around.

You might also be thinking of people who believe in the Illuminati.

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
7/10/12 3:25 p.m.

It's not the Illuminati, what I'm thinking of has some elements of the NWO, Trilateral Commission and the Bilgerberg Conventions and may have even been the genesis of them. It's been going on since before WWII.

And who's to say those guys are totally wrong - we have the Federal Reserves system, don't we? Wasn't it Rockefeller that said he'd rather control a nation's money supply than be king? Or something like that.

I hate it when I have a brain fart and can dance all around the subject or name I want to recall but seemingly get no closer to my goal.

I've seen the credit card & paying off a mortgage threads, I know there are crazies on this forum, where are you when I need you? When you're in an industry sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees.

But those biggies are just the tip of the iceberg of credit misconceptions that many people have. Unfortunately I guess crazy people don't recognize how crazy they sound. Says the crazy guy in the tin foil hat.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy SuperDork
7/10/12 3:52 p.m.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/356517/libor-scandal-the-crime-of-the-century/

You called?

Edit- And yes, people going spastic about paying off mortgages asap are crazy. It's a legitimate tool to help someone buy a house, without it, no one would be able to afford a place to live. It is part of the system we live in to HAVE to utilize a mortgage/loan, pretty basic concept.

z31maniac
z31maniac UberDork
7/10/12 4:19 p.m.

^What's wrong with trying to pay one off early?

RossD
RossD UltraDork
7/10/12 4:19 p.m.

Propetual Motion Machines are real and the Credit Companies are holding them back other wise energy would be free and with free energy, everything else would be super cheap and you wouldn't need credit at all. (Tin foil hats create run on sentences. )

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Dork
7/10/12 4:26 p.m.

Credit companies check your insurance rating to see how big a risk you are, Insurance companies check your credit rating to see how big a risk you are. "Here you hold him and I"ll kick him in the nuts." continuousloopiscontinuousloopis...

nocones
nocones Dork
7/10/12 4:38 p.m.
z31maniac wrote: ^What's wrong with trying to pay one off early?

As some one with a Payed off mortgage I am wondering the same..

Do I need to hurry up and get a mortgage on my house so I can invest that money in something? I mean debts a tool right?

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
7/10/12 4:38 p.m.

I knew I could count on you guys!

You've inspired me so much that I've decided to actually wear a boat shaped tin foil hat in at least one scene.

nocones
nocones Dork
7/10/12 4:44 p.m.

Seriously though why is it crazy to pay off a mortgage?

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
7/10/12 5:08 p.m.

No one said it was crazy, it was just that there were a lot of crazies in that thread.

Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition Reader
7/10/12 5:35 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: It's not the Illuminati, what I'm thinking of has some elements of the NWO, Trilateral Commission and the Bilgerberg Conventions and may have even been the genesis of them. It's been going on since before WWII.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Protocols_of_the_Elders_of_Zion

Sorry I was too rational to help otherwise.

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
7/10/12 5:48 p.m.
Basil Exposition wrote:
carguy123 wrote: It's not the Illuminati, what I'm thinking of has some elements of the NWO, Trilateral Commission and the Bilgerberg Conventions and may have even been the genesis of them. It's been going on since before WWII.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Protocols_of_the_Elders_of_Zion Sorry I was too rational to help otherwise.

That's rational?!?

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
7/10/12 7:22 p.m.

Probably has nothing to do with credit.

http://www.eclectech.co.uk/mindcontrol.php

Oh, and they're not cats, they're otters. The lady who made it is pretty insistent that people understand that for some reason. Perhaps...IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/10/12 7:33 p.m.

Some of this is pretty corny, but it's clean, and probably offers enough fodder you can modify a couple and get some decent parody skits:

Credit jokes

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
O2jbGnsWvx7krEQ4iNRqlOQvHT5FjlCQZ0UwPQANnyWKBrnSVDoirydMuBLUU1NN