rebelgtp
rebelgtp Dork
3/16/09 8:10 p.m.

So I'm sitting here studying for finals and I hear this unholy racket out side. There are two punks ripping up and down the street on dirt bikes (open mufflers) popping wheelies and E36 M3 going way way to fast for a street that has so many kids on it.

Funny thing is they see me come out my front door and they take off. I didn't even have a baseball bat or anything just lil ol' me, all 6'2" of me.

I couldn't help but think of the scene in Mad Max where he shoots one of the bikers off his bike with his shotgun. I'm in a bad mood tonight.

Monkeywrench
Monkeywrench Reader
3/16/09 8:28 p.m.

finals here too...

Instead of punks on dirtbikes, we have these and these guys

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
3/16/09 8:50 p.m.

You're right about the annoying sound of a 2 cycle dirt bike engine; it's painful to the ears. I have a similar situation here, because there is a Harley club a few doors down from my house; occasionally there will be a dozen of them riding by the house at 3 in the morning. The difference is the sound; the throaty sound of a V-twin is (to me) like thunder: it only relaxes me more. The little old ladies on the street don't care for it much, but I figure that's a matter of taste. Dirt bikes, OTOH, sound like an oversized bumblebee. I can see why you would be ticked off.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp Dork
3/16/09 8:55 p.m.

Yeah I have no problem with the sound of a Harley but this was just annoying. However if a guy on a Harley was pulling the crap they were I still would have gone out there.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
3/17/09 8:43 a.m.
Monkeywrench wrote: finals here too... Instead of punks on dirtbikes, we have these and these guys

Don't sweat it. No brains + No helmet = Darwinism at its finest.

blaze86vic
blaze86vic Reader
3/17/09 9:23 a.m.
rebelgtp wrote: Yeah I have no problem with the sound of a Harley but this was just annoying. However if a guy on a Harley was pulling the crap they were I still would have gone out there.

Yeah, but a guy on a Harley wouldn't have ran away either.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp Dork
3/17/09 9:57 a.m.
blaze86vic wrote: Yeah, but a guy on a Harley wouldn't have ran away either.

This is very true, but then in that instance I would have been required to go stand on the front yard with a shot gun and do my best impersonation of Eastwood in Gran Torino

pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
3/17/09 10:50 a.m.

I had a kid doing wheelies on a public road behind me on his little 125 last weekend. Like, 2 feet behind my car! I was tempted to slam the brakes and watch him crumple, but I knew he couldn't pay for the damage. Beside, I am pretty sure I did something stupid in my youth once, so he got a pass.

stroker
stroker New Reader
3/17/09 7:44 p.m.

Two words.

Cheese Wire.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
3/17/09 8:05 p.m.

My buddy used to live in essington in Philly. His YZ250f was stolen. The bike was returned to him after it was involved in a high speed chase down broad street and the squid who stole it ate it on a turn. stupid people knobbies don't work good on pavement in the rain.

Mental
Mental SuperDork
3/17/09 8:11 p.m.
blaze86vic wrote:
rebelgtp wrote: Yeah I have no problem with the sound of a Harley but this was just annoying. However if a guy on a Harley was pulling the crap they were I still would have gone out there.

Naw, he and his lawyers buddies would have filed an injunction against you for adopting a threatening posture. Then they would have taken the money for more chrome polish, leather vests and "Ride to Live, Live to Ride" lick and stick temporary tattoos.

HD riders are not what they used to be.

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
3/17/09 9:20 p.m.
blaze86vic wrote:

Right... The image of the tough guy harley biker is largely over... Most of them are obnoxious wanna be's.

Joey

rebelgtp
rebelgtp Dork
3/17/09 9:26 p.m.

Yeah but then I'm also a guy that was "adopted" by some Gypsy Jokers so I could always bring in some real bikers to play lol

walterj
walterj Dork
3/17/09 10:27 p.m.
stroker wrote: Two words. Cheese Wire.

One of those words is delicious.

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo SuperDork
3/17/09 10:59 p.m.

Next thing you know you'll be on your lawn, yelling at those "punk kids" to get off of it.

MitchellC
MitchellC HalfDork
3/17/09 11:07 p.m.

No, because then you would have two meat heads (well, one head, one meat) to deal with.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Reader
3/18/09 12:37 p.m.
walterj wrote:
One of those words is delicious.

you are a wire eater

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
S19ulChteTG0ys9EqkWIDuEcHJAQfqhbhpa1JGXOhSO8W05G47FRVQZmCvgLBdbR