1 2 3
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/1/22 7:14 p.m.

Nardo Grey: Apparently you CAN polish primer.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
8/1/22 7:27 p.m.
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) said:

Remember when Audi came out with Nardo Grey and it was kinda awesome? 

Its been trickling down to all manufacturers, with mixed results but overall I liked the look. On a family vacation last week when passing a Subaru in this color, my sister said: did they say, 'paint it the same color as my electrical panel.' Dammit, now I can't unsee it. 

I always called it Medium Dolphin because Audi TTs in that color looked like dolphins.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
8/1/22 8:05 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

How did you not see it the first time?

Worst colour ever, except maybe for the beige high fill primer colour the Japanese use sometimes.

you mean "putty", that colour that they use on office furniture?

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
8/1/22 8:42 p.m.

silver with burgundy leather ......or maybe perhaps navy blue.......hmmmmm

SkinnyG (Forum Supporter)
SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
8/1/22 8:50 p.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/1/22 9:32 p.m.
codrus (Forum Supporter) said:

I've never quite understood how Nardo and other grays replaced Nogaro Blue as the "cool" Audi paint color...

I can meet you in the middle on that. Nogaro Blue is still my favorite.

dps214
dps214 Dork
8/1/22 10:35 p.m.

Kind of related

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
8/2/22 6:06 a.m.

In reply to SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) :

I prefer primary colors.

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom UltimaDork
8/2/22 10:19 a.m.

I like Nardo grey and its relations.

I sort of associate them with the warm, earthy blues and greens seen especially on some of the recent Fiats. I quite like those colors as well.

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
8/2/22 11:41 a.m.
Duke said:

I've never quite understood how Nardo and other grays replaced Nogaro Blue as the "cool" Audi paint color...

I can meet you in the middle on that. Nogaro Blue is still my favorite.

As far as I'm concerned, it's the only color Audis come in.  I've had three :)

SkinnyG (Forum Supporter)
SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
8/2/22 11:50 a.m.
stuart in mn said:

In reply to SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) :

I prefer primary colors.

You too?  Awesome!

Unless you're correcting me, in which case: 1) "Primer" was the intended root of the word. That was a joke.  2) "Colour." I'm from Canada, eh?! Metric spelling.

I neglected to add Zinc-Chromate as a colour, but it's kind of a sickly colour; I don't like it.

travellering
travellering HalfDork
8/2/22 11:55 a.m.

I don't like grey/gray cars.  I don't like body colored wheel rims.  I don't like sports cars without loud, in-your-face engine notes pulsing out of polished stainless headers.  I don't like four doors when the brand and car identity says there should be two.  I don't like anything about this car at all. 

Yes, you're right, I'd take it in a heartbeat and I think everything I don't like works together wonderfully...

RX Reven'
RX Reven' UltraDork
8/2/22 11:58 a.m.
Peabody said:

In reply to Duke :

Nope.

Garage floor paint does not belong on a car.

I was sure the thieves would take my brand new gray Audi but there it is:

Waterborne Epoxy Garage Floor Coating Training in Buckeye, AZ | Slide-Lok  Garage Floors & Storage Systems

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
8/2/22 12:08 p.m.
travellering said:

I don't like grey/gray cars.  I don't like body colored wheel rims.  I don't like sports cars without loud, in-your-face engine notes pulsing out of polished stainless headers.  I don't like four doors when the brand and car identity says there should be two.  I don't like anything about this car at all. 

A) Count the seats, it's not a sports car :)

B) Nothing wrong with the drivetrain, I'd consider buying one if the price were right and I needed that sort of car.

C) But *puke*, not in that paint scheme.  Make it blue!

D) what the hell, let's make it a wagon too. :)

Trent
Trent PowerDork
8/2/22 12:10 p.m.

The beauty of neutral exterior colors like Nardo is that you can match them with pretty much interior color.

A bold red interior would really go great with it. Or blue or even yellow. Want a multi color tartan or houndstooth seat cloth? You need not worry about any of the colors clashing.

Says the guy who feels monotone black interiors are uninspired at best and a travesty of boredom at their worst.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
8/2/22 12:21 p.m.

In reply to Trent :

The Mazda 3 I am about to get is polymetal grey with a red interior.

STM317
STM317 PowerDork
8/2/22 1:53 p.m.
travellering said:

A) Count the seats, it's not a sports car :)

B) Nothing wrong with the drivetrain, I'd consider buying one if the price were right and I needed that sort of car.

C) But *puke*, not in that paint scheme.  Make it blue!

D) what the hell, let's make it a wagon too. :)

That's funny. I built this one this morning:

https://pics.porsche.com/rtt/iris?COSY-EU-100-1713c6eK12UC31P3T5JOCU%25hjdmiTDDmvMXlHWguCuq6QiEEUSu%258BgymgzGo1jsEwhaxFH8dFMR6%253sMP55VXeFGEeBcRx1Wxa1uKTvT8x9LrvUWf9WEAYCFY2lFXh05whprhMLizX2%25bP7KMIvJ5GxYgpNFzdYKyX7ZIQ9%25hiHfIjSRnDrxaFc8uzakZk671HGCWhqCXoagUj5v10AjR4qTlhj3Ui7oKwABh6WelZY0PRHSPiBV2Yv1gmcPHkobdnYUiOtEzjbsMLgSdGwShqtFePzmMXRnd65%25VT9lNjmiw4yxbBh59zdhUgAhrBbeSJyhrFVoaQqb3qzTRhjdkppNVuhmxS1uKv2Od

Now I just need to find $150k in the car budget...

APEowner
APEowner UltraDork
8/2/22 3:11 p.m.
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) said:

Remember when Audi came out with Nardo Grey and it was kinda awesome? 

Its been trickling down to all manufacturers, with mixed results but overall I liked the look. On a family vacation last week when passing a Subaru in this color, my sister said: did they say, 'paint it the same color as my electrical panel.' Dammit, now I can't unsee it. 

Perhaps you're looking at it backwards and you should be admiring the nice color of electrical panels.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
8/2/22 3:52 p.m.

Not really a fan of the look, so if I buy a new Audi this is the first thing I'm going to do. Big improvement, IMO

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltimaDork
8/2/22 8:23 p.m.
dps214 said:

Kind of related

Now you have me wondering if someone on a Porsche factory team really brought home a color sample to match.

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom UltimaDork
8/2/22 10:36 p.m.

And somehow thinking about this topic I totally forgot that we had all our cabinets painted something very close to Nardo (inspired by a color we liked at Ikea, actually...)

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
8/2/22 11:02 p.m.

Not going to lie I wanted a Nardo Grey R8 before I found my purple one and fell in love with that color. Its not the greatest color on everything and it gets taken way way to far. 

2016 Viper ACR Extreme (Audi Nardo Grey) - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion  Forums

Very Loud Nardo Ferrari 812, Beautiful Rolls Royce Dawn Makeover! - YouTube

Lamborghini Aventador SVJ Nardo Grey with ADV.1 ADV005 TRACK SPEC ADVANCED  Wheels | Wheel Front

turtl631
turtl631 HalfDork
8/2/22 11:35 p.m.

Came from a Yas Marina Blue M3.  Enjoying the different experience.  

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
8/2/22 11:45 p.m.

In reply to pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) :

I think you may have just discovered an un tapped market for electrical panel wrap kits. 

stroker
stroker PowerDork
8/3/22 11:47 a.m.

I'm curious--what is the Hive's opinion of "Gunmetal Gray"?  Is that more metallic than "Nardo"?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oknrn8TtGAD4EcAIve9xwSQkGopSLvxzzy9iZsaUCAxyn7Rp7HH6LZXuRYwCwnFS