Josh
Josh Dork
3/12/12 12:53 p.m.

Would anyone on here in the DC/NoVA area be interested in checking out a car for me in exchange for a reasonable fee + dinner/beers if I buy it? I haven't posted here in a couple months, but I figure I trust a GRMer as much as anyone when it comes to vehicle evaluation. The car is in Woodbridge VA, Volvo expertise a plus. Send me an e-mail. I'd also be interested in professional inspection services/local mechanics if anyone knows a good one.

ThePhranc
ThePhranc HalfDork
3/12/12 1:01 p.m.

Woodbridge Auto Service center on Dawson Beach road for a mechanic to check it out. Guys name is Ted. It's the shop right next to our neon shop. Good guy.

If I wasn't car pooling I'd check it out for you.

davidjs
davidjs Reader
3/12/12 1:34 p.m.

With the up front and early disclaimer that I am NOT one of those GRMers whose abilities you should trust over anyone else, I am more than willing to go take some pictures of any potential trouble areas, or check on something specific (hell, I have little shame, you can talk me on the phone on-site through any questions). I am right in Woodbridge, so it wouldn't be much time.

In case they don't pop up, there were a few other VA people in this thread http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/long-shot-va-to-fl-car-transport/45147/page1/ who may be more qualified than I.

moxnix
moxnix Reader
3/12/12 10:03 p.m.

Not a volvo guy but another Woodbridge guy here.

Josh
Josh Dork
3/12/12 10:19 p.m.
ThePhranc wrote: Woodbridge Auto Service center on Dawson Beach road for a mechanic to check it out. Guys name is Ted. It's the shop right next to our neon shop. Good guy. If I wasn't car pooling I'd check it out for you.

That shop is actually only about 3/4 mile from where the car is (Woodbridge public auto auction). You know anything about the dealer? Shady or legit? I can't really figure out those places.

ThePhranc
ThePhranc HalfDork
3/13/12 5:57 a.m.

Its not one of the dealers I've explicitly told not to deal with. There are some real crooked dealers in Woodbridge. I walked around it when I was looking for a car it seemed ok.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Y06lbb78Q9my5BDnQxwFidbAZGO6T0QRnGkvBbgb4VDQiXQZRsJKzgc4C0iWZ16Q