1 2
imirk
imirk Reader
11/22/11 4:07 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: I'm willing to pay more for good quality meat. Point of fact: I think everyone should be required to clean a chicken or fish and cook it as part of the elementary school education.

Check and Check, what's next? I like this class.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
11/22/11 4:11 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
93EXCivic wrote: Why?!? I don't understand the point of all this free range stuff.
Millions of reasons that I really don't want to flounder the thread with, but basically not wanting to eat hormones, excess antibiotics etc etc, or fed on crap like soy etc Also if you've ever seen battery farming with birds that have had their beaks removed etc you might have some concerns for it's wellbeing while the were alive. Go read the omnivores dilemma. I've been veggie for 6 months, but I'm strongly considering starting back on meat, with this particular bird being meal #1 of the new domain. Either way, we've tried to eat nothing but organic pasture fed for several years now, at home at least.

If it saves me 50-75 bucks per turkey, I say PASS ME THE HORMONES!

imirk
imirk Reader
11/22/11 4:14 p.m.
Maroon92 wrote: If it saves me 50-75 bucks per turkey, I say PASS ME THE HORMONES!

Like your meat like you like you baseball players? (Or East Germans depending on your age.)

Zomby woof
Zomby woof SuperDork
11/22/11 4:17 p.m.

I raise my own chickens. I can tell you, you don't want a bird that's really free range. The meat is tough, and rubbery. As for organic, that's another story. Some of the reasons we all eat so well and are so healthy is because of things like pesticides and herbicides.

wbjones
wbjones SuperDork
11/22/11 6:31 p.m.

the organic/free range folk really don't want to hear that... from anyone ...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UwRXI0r3tey5yQ3VOhuc912T67LYOuqlySz0KPNQLeCsGC0XBaweNJ0Cgo7FUiLx