1 2
lrrs
lrrs Reader
4/11/16 5:12 p.m.

In reply to Dave:

It's great, it give you one more place to look for that email you where expecting and can't find. I believe the search in outlook does not search this folder by default. When I found my missing email, and many others in the clutter folder, I turned clutter off. It was forced on by corp, I might have had to do a regedit to disable it.

Knurled
Knurled MegaDork
4/11/16 6:44 p.m.

Makes me happy our company e-mail is through Gmail. Web client = no problem.

Knurled
Knurled MegaDork
4/11/16 6:45 p.m.

I feel a little dirty for ever suggesting that doing through the browser is the way to go, but for e-mail it does make a kind of sense. Plus it puts a layer between you and attachments.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
4/11/16 10:13 p.m.

And Microsoft continues to print money.

madpanda
madpanda Reader
4/12/16 4:07 p.m.

Thanks for the info guys. I installed the app that blocks Windows 10 installation (GWX Control Panel). It works very well and it is easier, faster and more thorough than messing with Group Settings or Registry entries. I would recommend it to anybody who needs to stay on Windows 7 like I do. You can get to it by clicking through stuff posted earlier, but here is a direct link also: http://blog.ultimateoutsider.com/2015/08/using-gwx-stopper-to-permanently-remove.html

kanaric
kanaric Dork
4/12/16 5:04 p.m.

why would anyone want to not get windows 10 for free? E36 M3 runs a lot better than vista or 7 and if you have vista security updates stop in about a year.

WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing HalfDork
4/12/16 5:16 p.m.
kanaric wrote: why would anyone want to not get windows 10 for free? E36 M3 runs a lot better than vista or 7 and if you have vista security updates stop in about a year.

Getting it "free" is not the issue.

Stefan (Not Bruce)
Stefan (Not Bruce) MegaDork
4/12/16 7:11 p.m.
kanaric wrote: why would anyone want to not get windows 10 for free? E36 M3 runs a lot better than vista or 7 and if you have vista security updates stop in about a year.

You can also get the flu for free, but I'd rather pass in either case.

You can choose to deal with Micro$haft, the rest of us will continue to clean up after them and make good money while we're at it.

asoduk
asoduk Reader
4/12/16 8:28 p.m.

I much prefer 10 over 7 from a system admin perspective. It seems much more resilient toward malware so far and takes 1/4 the time to get going on a new machine. In the latest builds it is even pretty easy to not use a LiveID to login and disable the constant communication with MS. Windows update still sucks. The having to click "All Apps" also sucks. I've noticed a lot of old menus from 7 coming back in the latest builds, where people must have been unhappy with the pretty new look.

Edit: I am still for the record an Ubuntu fan, but I have to live with 10 at work.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KwG8CZhtg5GfWDlZAJKkkoYUkECR9374JPuVG4Hqd9jODVR55MhTYmBvZFSaop2i