1 2 3
Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso Dork
5/2/20 6:27 a.m.

Confession: I'm a Diet Mt. Dew addict. I drink it almost daily. I don't drink coffee so this is what I drink for caffeine (along with English tea). I see a ton of bottles of the diet Bartle Skeet in other members photos. I always say it's because I'm from West Virginia and we all know that WV is Mountain Dew Country. 

So, who else is a diet dew addict? 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/2/20 7:08 a.m.

Me!!

I drink a two liter a day. Its my caffeine. 

Theres also one in a least one picture in almost every legitimate build thread update i do. 

Im truly addicted. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/2/20 7:18 a.m.

tester (Forum Supporter)
tester (Forum Supporter) Reader
5/2/20 7:40 a.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

By the case. It's a problem. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
5/2/20 7:48 a.m.

Bartle Skeet?  I had to look that up, this is the first time I've ever heard that name.

easterlysole
easterlysole New Reader
5/2/20 8:00 a.m.

I could deal with everyone hording the toilet paper but when i went to pick up my wife from work at WallyWorld and all I could find was Baha Blast I knew we were in trouble.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo SuperDork
5/2/20 8:08 a.m.

I was a 3-4 can a day, 2 liter on weekends Diet Dew drinker.    Quit cold turkey 6 or 7 years ago now, switched to all black coffee.  Occasionally I will have a diesel Coke or Orange Fanta or A&W Rootbeer, but thats like once a month.

E36 M3's poison.  Quit now, your body will thank you.  

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso Dork
5/2/20 8:35 a.m.

In reply to stuart in mn :

Cleetus MacFarland either created that term, or made it popular. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/2/20 8:45 a.m.

It's a little known fac, Norm, but Canadian Mountain Dew is caffeine free.

Which makes it completely useless, instead of a putrid drink that feeds your addiction.

slantvaliant (Forum Supporter)
slantvaliant (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
5/2/20 8:49 a.m.

I liked the old Mountain Dew bottles, with the hillbilly.

dculberson (Forum Supporter)
dculberson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/2/20 8:54 a.m.

In reply to 93gsxturbo :

Diesel coke sounds nutritious. 

to the original question. I've never gotten into Mountain Dew but used to drink a ton of coffee and Diet Coke. I got to where I felt like crap all the time (run down, etc) and tried giving it all up. I felt better but still needed the caffeine boost so I switched to black tea. Now I feel better but I sure miss a good cup of coffee. 

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/2/20 9:01 a.m.

I have a can of Mt. Dew Voltage for breakfast every day at 5am - I'm not a coffee drinker - then usually go back to bed for an hour & have the best sleep ever. 

nocones
nocones UltraDork
5/2/20 9:24 a.m.

I'm into Mt. Dew Zero now.  I could never drink diet Mt. Dew on account of it tasting so terrible.   But Zero is almost as good as regular Dew.  Code red is my favorite but can't get it in Zero so I only have it a few times a month now.  

Little known fact I invented code red except I called it Grenadew.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/2/20 9:28 a.m.

Paging Ruflet, Ruflet to the courtesy phone please

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/2/20 9:30 a.m.

I have probably 2-3 cans of regular mt dew a year. I like it, but not enough to pay for it regularly. 

The only fizzy drinks I have on a regular basis are seltzer water, beer, and increasingly Dr. Pepper. 

bentwrench
bentwrench SuperDork
5/2/20 9:34 a.m.

I'd drink it except the Yellow food coloring should never have been made legal for human consumption

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/2/20 10:10 a.m.

How excited were you when they brought back Diet Baja Bast?

Or sad when they dropped Supernova? 

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
5/2/20 10:48 a.m.

I generally have one with lunch as a "mid day coffee".  It was Diet for years, but the Mrs. is sort of down on consuming chemicals probably more suited to bug spray or paint stripper.  So I switched to regular . . . only to gain about 10 lbs in a month and a half (also, probably not healthy).  The "zero" stuff was sort of the sweet spot (pun intended), but it's been hit or miss at the store during recent events.  

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
5/2/20 11:55 a.m.

Diet anything is just gross. I'll go without before drinking it.

But regular Dew, I have been on and off again the last few years. As a teenager I carried 30 pack in my truck at all times. As a 32 year old, one 24 ounce bottle lasts me two or three days. It's doing hell on my stomach now, but it's also the only thing I consume before 5pm most days so I'm sure that's not helping. 

I actually quit for 7 months last year, no Dew at all, lost no weight, had no energy, so I'm back on it again. 

frenchyd
frenchyd PowerDork
5/2/20 12:02 p.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

I've drank at least one 24 oz Dew a day  but not Diet.  I drink the real stuff yes the caffeine and sugar get me doing at 5:30 every morning. 
But no school means I don't need to be as sharp and attentive so I'm off it. At least as long as school is closed. 

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso Dork
5/2/20 12:06 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Not a fan of the diet baja blast. The regular Baja with Taco Bell is amazing. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa HalfDork
5/2/20 12:11 p.m.

I am a fan of the Mountain Dew Throwback and Baja Blast myself.

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
5/2/20 12:25 p.m.

I used to drink way too much mt dew and dr pepper. Enough so that it's disgusting to me now.

I still drink soda off and on, and my go to breakfast is either an energy drink or coffee but those two specific sodas I go out of my way to avoid.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
5/2/20 1:09 p.m.

Fifty years from now, scientists from another planet will find that soft drinks were responsible for our extinction.

But seriously, someone should do a study:  Do coffee drinkers universally dislike Mountain Dew, and do Dew drinkers universally dislike coffee?

Re soft drinks, I pretty much refuse to pour any of that crap in my body, especially the diet varieties which are chock-full of known carcinogens.  I might drink a Coke on rare occasions.  Mountain Dew?  Pass.  Diet Mountain Dew?  Hard pass.

But hey, it's a free country.  I promise I won't go on a crusade to make soft drinks illegal. laugh

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
5/2/20 4:00 p.m.

Yeah, I can't stand diet pop/soda/ what ever your local term for soft drinks is. Regular stuff? Oh yeah, can't get enough. Coke and Mt Dew or Dr. Pepper.  Oddly enough Coke in cans or 2 liter bottles tastes far better to me than the 20oz bottles.  And why is Mt Dew so much cheaper? I can often score 8 packs of 16.9 oz bottles at 3 for $11 while Coke 6 packs are 3 for $12?

Went on a diet about a year and a half ago, part of which was limiting to 1 beer or soda per day. It sucks but I lost 20lbs in 4 months.  Been on a unsweetened flavored water kick lately, its just not the samesad. For the record, coffee is nasty and tea upsets my stomach.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cD9fwswoSl7xvY0tRuC5VQOvUNhwnBSMw4NCTfnF1ujOgGgXOWgoeHYlgXFy9gJn