David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/31/19 11:44 a.m.

If so, I couldn't find it. Anyway, here's one for you: Even if it's just two of you, get silverware service for 16.

For years (decades) my wife and I just had eight forks, eight knives and eight spoons. (Well, plus those big spoons and little spoons.) My parents originally received this silverware as an engagement present and passed it along to us years ago.

Well guess what? My parents had also received a nearly identical set as another engagement gift. So now we have both sets of eight and never run out.

Totally changed everything. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
5/31/19 11:46 a.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

My house apparently eats silverware. We buy a new set every few years.  I am always amazed that other people can keep up with it. I blame the kids. 

captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
5/31/19 11:56 a.m.

My house had an issue is silverware disappearing, then I became single again and the issue ceased. 

The greatest life hack would be to know how to tell when every fruit and vegetable type was at peak ripeness. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
5/31/19 11:56 a.m.
Toyman01 said:

In reply to David S. Wallens :

My house apparently eats silverware. We buy a new set every few years.  I am always amazed that other people can keep up with it. I blame the kids. 

Ditto.  And thanks for the reminder, I should pick up another set soon.  (and actually throw away the nasty cheap crap that sneaks in from somewhere, eating is too good an experience to use garbage flatware)

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
5/31/19 2:36 p.m.

We just keep all the plasticware from fast food & take out. Once it finally breaks we toss it & still have more than we need. Yes, we have most of 2-sets of metal cutlery too, but why wear out the good stuff?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UQdL1rv4XYoUaJuYUEE3m2AmoXrp32sGAMTHzdPGfsPGCzIT2Iho9ht0ttvx8Xq4