1 2 3
Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
12/7/11 8:42 a.m.

Anyone still rockin' the aluminum trees? >

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson Dork
12/7/11 8:54 a.m.

Real Pagenmas tree every year for us. We normally go Thanksgiving weekend to murder it, but we're late this year as we've waited for a childhood friend of mine tom come in from the UK. This Saturday it's out into the wilds we go to be manly men with saw in hand and take that berkeleyer down! We normally get a 10 footer then trim the top and bottom to fit our standard 8’ ceiling. My in-laws used to get a nice 12 footer, but they’ve gone soft in their old age (he turned 79 yesterday) and for the last two years they’ve gone fake. Boo Hiss, much to the children, grandchildren and great grandchildren’s disappointment.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
12/7/11 9:04 a.m.

I do the full Griswald.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson Dork
12/7/11 9:13 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote: I do the full Griswald.

Under the Semi and all?

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Reader
12/7/11 10:57 a.m.

Fake for... as long as I can remember. Might have had a real one once or twice as a kid when I lived in the midwest and my grandma had a farm. Maybe next year I'll get a real one.

EdenPrime
EdenPrime Reader
12/7/11 11:03 a.m.

I don't like christmas trees. In fact, i usually have a 6-8'' one and i just plunk it on top of my presents. Ahem, fake.

monark192
monark192 HalfDork
12/7/11 11:28 a.m.

Fake. First Christmas the wife and Ilived together was in a tiny studio apartment so we got a small fake one. Now it is just tradition to get it out and add the ornaments she has collected over the years.

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky HalfDork
12/7/11 11:29 a.m.

Fake, but I'm getting sick of pulling down the 100lb/9ft tree from the rafters. May go smaller or real next year. I do miss the smell

curtis73
curtis73 Dork
12/7/11 11:52 a.m.

My wife's parents have one of those big victorian houses and they often do a Balsam Fir. Talk about a good smell... that tree will often fill the whole house.

BAMF
BAMF Reader
12/7/11 12:28 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: Anyone still rockin' the aluminum trees? >
  • eleventy billion FTW.
N Sperlo
N Sperlo SuperDork
12/7/11 12:38 p.m.

As much as we love celebrating the winter solstice, we don't put a tree in our house. Trees are for outside.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YmPlyouFN40639MmERcm9rycnmRKYPOYggSXBLpQtxKnCMK0EoOB0hcgRXj9NDcl