1 2
Furious_E
Furious_E SuperDork
5/24/18 3:57 p.m.
WilD said:
Ovid_and_Flem wrote:

In reply to Furious_E :

+1,000

As far as legal liability...horse gets out of pasture and gets hit by car.  as land owner you're gonna get sued by horse owner as well as car owner.

Someone sneaks on your property and is injured by horse.  Your maintaining in legal terms an "attractive nuisance."  Trespasser is gonna sue you.

Horse gets hock caught in a fence and has to be put down.

Etc., etc., etc.

I know it sounds attractive.  Just too much downside IMHO.

Better idea is stand in a steaming pile of manure while tearing up $100 bills.

We had a horse when I was growing up and this is a big part of why we eventually sold him.  He would occasionally jump a fence.  You know how sometimes a dog will slip out and LOVE it, and just run around at top speed like a lunatic?  It was just like that except MUCH bigger, and I believe considerably faster than most dogs.  This only happened a couple of times but my mother was concerned he'd run out onto the highway a mile or so away and cause an accident.  Also, he would bite... but that is another story.  

Yeah, we had that happen once, and thankfully (to my recollection, at least) only once. Not fun. Horses can cover a hell of a lot more ground than a dog, and once you actually do find it, catching it is a whole other story - they can't be coaxed by a tasty piece of cold cuts like most dogs cheeky. And you better have a horse trailer to bring it back home. 

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
5/24/18 4:08 p.m.

Picture your shop full of project cars.

Now picture your project cars E36 M3ting huge piles of manure, and needing to be fed and watered every day, year after year.

welcome to the horse business.

And if you ride them, it hurts.

seriously.

Pete

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
5/24/18 4:46 p.m.

I'm getting the feeling all of you are trying to talk me out of this idea .

I do really appreciate the feedback!

MulletTruck
MulletTruck Reader
5/24/18 4:50 p.m.

There was a thread a while back about Storage places, It might be worth looking into.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc HalfDork
5/24/18 7:39 p.m.

In reply to MulletTruck :

Thanks for sharing your photos. Great pictures.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xwiHomZjoefiHViaT3Y3l60zzVU6tF50QWE3XT7XTtt48GfMBK1tfUj5HsFWJLAV