1 2
Toebra
Toebra Dork
11/16/18 12:11 p.m.

The nausea is all that dope.  Peppermint will help with that, no seriously.  Valium will make you a zombie for days, 70 hour half life.  Ask when she can take anti inflammatories and when she can, alternate narcotics with NSAIDs.  Ice is going to help a lot after a trauma surgery like that.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
11/16/18 1:45 p.m.

^^^ yup to all of that.  Positioning is gonna be tough for her for a while as well but something to remember is that things will throb (damaged blood vessels and the like) and getting the throbbing part elevated above the heart will really help.   Moving as much as possible too, even if it’s rolling from back to side fairly frequently.  

Glad to hear you guys have help through this, it’s gonna be a hard few weeks.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
11/16/18 1:53 p.m.

I'm in PA if you need to drop that 9-month off for a while. I realize your family probably want their baby time, but it's been 7 years since I got to change diapers and give bottle and such. I need a fix man! understand this) 

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
11/16/18 5:18 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

Man just reading that reminded me ...... Sent Shivers through me.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
1/9/19 7:48 a.m.

Canoe!

But Pheller - hope your wife is recovering well.

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
1/9/19 10:04 a.m.

Pheller and his wife are certainly having a lot of bad luck  lately.

GET OUT OF THAT HOUSE !

Toebra
Toebra Dork
1/9/19 1:00 p.m.
iceracer said:

Pheller and his wife are certainly having a lot of bad luck  lately.

GET OUT OF THAT HOUSE !

This is what my wife says about my invisible colored Miata

pheller
pheller UltimaDork
1/9/19 1:52 p.m.

I will say that while my vision/headache issues are ill-timed, it was at least convenient that our in-laws were taking care of her when my issues came on. Otherwise, the wifey would have been taking care of kiddo all by herself. 

It does kinda blow being so separated from family, for sure, but you can't live somewhere you don't like your whole life just because of the once in a decade string of bad luck. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KAyCtq8X7mNO4q0R8TSkTUh0uddpET9rgq6FusBZ2VO8BtPDQ04Z0otjTrCflDyp