1 2
Lesley
Lesley Dork
8/14/08 3:50 p.m.

I've been writing the odd feature/review for the national chain which also happens to own the paper where I'm employed. It's been fun. Recently, they asked me if I'd be interested in doing an illustrated profile piece, anything to do with cars, car folk, car design, you name it, past or present. How cool is that? Here's the current one:

http://v2.myvirtualpaper.com/doc/24hrsottawa/20080814/2008081401/21.html

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
8/14/08 4:03 p.m.

AWESOME! Great illustrations!

atlantamx3
atlantamx3 Dork
8/14/08 6:01 p.m.

I <3 Lesley

Congrats!

jpod999
jpod999 Reader
8/14/08 6:48 p.m.

Congratulations sir. Looks like a whole heap of fun.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/14/08 7:54 p.m.
jpod999 wrote: Congratulations sir.

umm she has a vagina. just a rumor I heard.. not that i've seen it

Congrats.. good illustrations lesley..

oldsaw
oldsaw New Reader
8/14/08 9:23 p.m.

Great job, Lesley!

The article was as well written as was the illustration drawn. And your accompanying photo fueled my quest of finding your US equivalent - if she even exists..........

Oh, and Ignorant, that was at the least crude. There is a difference between style and class; learn it, love it and use it.

Lesley
Lesley Dork
8/14/08 10:52 p.m.

Thanks guys. Hmmm... if I have one of those, do you think I could trade it for a Miata? ...never mind.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
8/14/08 10:58 p.m.

Yugo, girl!

jpod999
jpod999 Reader
8/15/08 2:55 a.m.
ignorant wrote:
umm she has a vagina. just a rumor I heard.. not that i've seen it Congrats.. good illustrations lesley..

Whoopsies.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair HalfDork
8/15/08 4:49 a.m.
Lesley wrote: Thanks guys. Hmmm... if I have one of those, do you think I could trade it for a Miata? ...never mind.

as long as it's well maintained. the miata, i mean.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/15/08 5:18 a.m.
oldsaw wrote: There is a difference between style and class; learn it, love it and use it.

2 lessons....

1. on the internets.. women try to trade their whoohoo's for miatas ( i thought she could atleast get an Elise, but who am I to judge)
  2. on the internets.. noone cares

<--- real lesson in class vs style vs ohh god she had a baby, but atleast they're in flavor country now

jrw1621
jrw1621 Reader
8/15/08 7:07 a.m.
Lesley wrote: ...do you think I could trade it for a Miata?

Years back when i bought my Miata, my then girlfriend of 3 years thought that i should have spent the money on a diamond ring. About 3 months after, it was over.

I think it could be said that I lost one of those after I got my Miata. Fifteen years later, I still have the same Miata. Conversley, I have had 5 or 6 of the other during that same timeframe.

Congrats on the assignment. Please keep us updated. Can you get the gig to cover expenses? I think Lemons would be good for the article (Detroit) and I hear Florida is nice in about 47 days.

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
8/15/08 7:32 a.m.

Crude? Why yes. Still made me laugh so hard that I cryed. Great way to start what will be a bad Friday.

ignorant wrote:
umm she has a vagina. just a rumor I heard.. not that i've seen it Congrats.. good illustrations lesley..
ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/15/08 7:50 a.m.
mistanfo wrote: Crude? Why yes. Still made me laugh so hard that I cryed. Great way to start what will be a bad Friday.
ignorant wrote:

thank thank you.. I'm here all week at the airport ramada rainbow room...

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
8/15/08 8:41 a.m.

Man, I hate the Websense page blocker here at work. If it's Lesley's work, it's got to be good.

EDIT: Got home and checked it out, the usual exemplary work! Lesley, you need to post your McQueen work again so the denizens of this new board can gain an even greater appreciation for your talents.

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
8/15/08 8:42 a.m.
but atleast they're in flavor country now

Wow.

oldsaw
oldsaw New Reader
8/15/08 10:15 a.m.
ignorant wrote:
oldsaw wrote: There is a difference between style and class; learn it, love it and use it.
2 lessons.... 1. on the internets.. women try to trade their whoohoo's for miatas ( i thought she could atleast get an Elise, but who am I to judge) 2. on the internets.. noone cares <--- real lesson in class vs style vs ohh god she had a baby, but atleast they're in flavor country now

The old "I'm not a crude, lascivious guy in real life, but I play one the internet" routine, eh?

Got it!

nickel_dime
nickel_dime HalfDork
8/15/08 1:48 p.m.

Way to go Lesley !!!!!!

Good Job.

What's next?

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/15/08 1:51 p.m.
oldsaw wrote: The old "I'm not a crude, lascivious guy in real life, but I play one the internet" routine, eh? Got it!

don't let me leave you with that impression... In person.. well.. you'll just have to find out some day.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
8/15/08 1:55 p.m.
nickel_dime wrote: Way to go Lesley !!!!!! Good Job. What's next?

Wold domination.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/15/08 2:01 p.m.
Salanis wrote:
Wold domination.

lesley already dominates the wold. giver her some credit.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
8/15/08 2:06 p.m.
ignorant wrote:
Salanis wrote:
Wold domination.
lesley already dominates the wold. giver her some credit.

And here I thought she just rules.

Lesley
Lesley Dork
8/15/08 2:06 p.m.

Haahaa, thanks. Just finished Billy Gibbons, Gilles Villeneuve... next is the Isetta :)

Volksroddin
Volksroddin Reader
8/15/08 6:33 p.m.

looks great!! yaaa Beetle content!

Lesley
Lesley Dork
8/15/08 10:16 p.m.

Thanks Jensenman

Here's a link to a bunch of stuff, including the McQueen drawing:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4055&l=47b74&id=515956307

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.