jddeadfuelpumps
jddeadfuelpumps New Reader
6/14/11 9:41 p.m.

Does anyone know what the hell those little yellow plastic things on top of the fender wells that the ABS wiring goes through? My car has reached that golden age where plastic like this is crumbling. What the hell are they?? What do I replace them with? I still want my ABS. PLEASE HELP!

WilberM3
WilberM3 Dork
6/14/11 11:59 p.m.

if the yellow things you're referring to are the yellowy/orange boxes just in front of the shock towers, those are impact sensors for the airbag system, which your 90 has. i believe the ABS wiring uses a similar looking tube-like plug connection from the car's engine bay wiring to the individual wheel speed sensors.

in this picture you have from the bottom:
yellow box = airbag impact sensor
orange connector = airbag sensor wiring harness connector
yellow connector = ABS wheel speed sensor wiring connector (might be the brake pad sensor wire but i dont have one in front of me to look at at the moment)

jddeadfuelpumps
6/15/11 3:32 p.m.

Thank you so much-yeah it's the round yellow thing next to the relay box in your pic. I followed it, and it for sure goes to the ABS sensor. So hopefully if I just keep the wiring connected it will be OK? I got rid of those pad sensors a long time ago-accidentally broke one and figured my eyeballs were good enough. Again, thanks. JD

jddeadfuelpumps
6/15/11 4:00 p.m.

Forgot to tell you how amazingly impressive that Jeep is.JD

jddeadfuelpumps
6/24/11 10:10 p.m.

Yellow ABS sensor wire connector. Is it just a connector, a fusible link, a resistor, a resistor that changes with temp. or soething that hasn't crossed my mind right now? Perhaps I am stupid, but I'm smart enough to ask, and my more informed brethren have helped before. E30 PEOPLE-I ASK HELP OF YOU!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xvLuk1TPElbxOnsAoHaTRLOveN53pdA9yoOsinek5K6ucNhwpLfYJabmg7Liy85i