mmosbey
mmosbey Reader
7/17/12 10:24 p.m.

1976 Mercedes-Benz 200-Series 1976 MERCEDES 240d AND 1 "FREE" Lady's Mink Coat

Great photo, amazing claims, and a free coat. Truly a unique listing.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo UberDork
7/17/12 10:31 p.m.

That sounds like Durham, I lived there for a while.

EvanR
EvanR Reader
7/17/12 11:17 p.m.

Is it possible to take worse pictures?

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel HalfDork
7/18/12 12:14 a.m.

Those pictures are completely professional and in focus to anyone who looks at a '76 240D and thinks "James Bond" (or, for that matter, "mink coat" or "ten grand.")

wrenchedexcess
wrenchedexcess New Reader
7/18/12 2:33 a.m.

Hey a pimp mobile, even supplies the coat.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Dork
7/18/12 6:40 a.m.

Is there a crack/meth problem in Durham? The Engine doesn't even run, and why would a 53 thousand mile car need a timing chain anyway?

Grtechguy
Grtechguy PowerDork
7/18/12 6:55 a.m.

Reading the description made my head hurt.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
7/18/12 7:10 a.m.
HappyAndy wrote: Is there a crack/meth problem in Durham? The Engine doesn't even run, and why would a 53 thousand mile car need a timing chain anyway?

No, no, no. It's not the timing chain. It needs the 'piston firing order' set. If it's cold outside you can wear the mink coat wile setting the piston firing order. Actually it will be a cold day in hell before you see that mink coat.

This 1976, "James Bond" Mercedes 240D is available, CURRENTLY. When this auction was first posted, the mileage listed was the standard 100,000 miles which was NOT CORRECT. After receiving several communications, I looked at the mileage and it showed 53, 163 miles(a little more than ONE HALF of that 100,000 miles)! Also, I owned five(5) mercedes, of which, confused City employees removed four(4) of them(without payment to me) and, I was/am listed at: International Automotive Techinical Network(IATN), as an "Expert" in the repair of the "Mercedes 240d", that can be verified by California businesses that sold me parts. I have been "Protesting" for a number of years, to the extent, that, since I first posted this listing, I have filed a multi-million lawsuit against the Insurer of the Public Bus System(that I was "forced" to be a participant on) because I was injured on their buses over 4 times, after my cars were "taken". Later, my "house" was taken. This lawsuit was filed July 5, 2012, in the United States District Court, Greensboro, NC. Although, a new Timing Chain was being installed in this vehicle, all activities STOPPED and you will have to get a mechanic to "set the timing" by adjusting the pistons' firing order, which is NOT complicated for those mechanics who know what they are doing.

This "Lady's Mink Coat, With A White Fox Collar & Trim" (Size: Medium) is also included in this auction, as of Mon. July 16, 2012. Although you can pick-up or arrange for the pick-up of the Mercedes 240d, this "Mink Coat" weeks, STATE will have to be shipped & you should receive such in 1-2 WEEKS because the Mink Coat is in "Storage" in ANOTHER STATE. You can see the Lady's Mink Coat at "Amazon" and entering "Chosen Female Mink Coat"(see smaller photo).

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
7/18/12 7:17 a.m.

better hurry.. less than an hour to bid

gamby
gamby PowerDork
7/18/12 10:16 a.m.

Gee, I'm surprised no one bid on it.

Grizz
Grizz Dork
7/18/12 10:28 a.m.

That is totally a photo of a photo of a car.

Consider a small part of my mind blown.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
7/18/12 2:42 p.m.
Grtechguy wrote: Reading the description made my head hurt.

Yeah, Im right there with ya.

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
7/18/12 3:10 p.m.

It has "0" bids right "now".

Otto Maddox
Otto Maddox SuperDork
7/18/12 3:39 p.m.

1976 was pretty close to the last year it was fashionable to wear fur.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse Reader
7/18/12 4:28 p.m.

It looks like a picture of a picture of a car that is probably red.

And something dead and ugly.

Possibly not in that order.

ransom
ransom SuperDork
7/18/12 4:34 p.m.

Just... Wow.

I'm terrified that this person may have to make it through most activities each day on their own, because it clearly isn't going to take long to come across a decision they're just not qualified to make safely on their own.

And that decision may be about which lace goes over which when they tie their shoes.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
7/18/12 4:38 p.m.
ransom wrote: Just... Wow. I'm terrified that this person may have to make it through most activities each day on their own, because it clearly isn't going to take long to come across a decision they're just not qualified to make safely on their own. And that decision may be about which lace goes over which when they tie their shoes.

I was more thinking it would be which leg goes into the pants first

ransom
ransom SuperDork
7/18/12 4:54 p.m.

In reply to mad_machine:

It might be "pants or shoes first?"

Cole_Trickle
Cole_Trickle HalfDork
7/18/12 6:00 p.m.

A dealer near there has been trying for over 6 months to unload a cleaner, running and slightly older model for a thousand less. Good luck crackhead!

Cole_Trickle
Cole_Trickle HalfDork
7/28/12 3:33 p.m.

Canoe with a 'tude? Is the camera that took that photo the same year as the car?

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Reader
7/28/12 5:32 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: That sounds like Durham, I lived there for a while.

I worked there for a few years back in the 70's. The city seemed to have a lot of potential but then & still now had some of the weirdest people I've ever been around. ECM is right.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bnWgIO3wQW6GJaVUgIJFTb2vaMFOxSKy9yy1M27YZXYunz819dCgZyL0cN7w2L3J