1 2 3
yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
4/5/21 8:36 p.m.

I like it! I'm hoping they make an Escalade version

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UberDork
4/5/21 8:47 p.m.

Uh.....yu swimmin' in casche....cuz I'm thinkin' these bad rascals AINT CHEAP!!!!!......just sayin'....peace out

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
4/5/21 9:01 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG (Forum Partidario) :

Not yet lol but I can look forward to 2035 lol

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
4/5/21 9:14 p.m.

I think they look cool, but not only do I not need it I'm sure I wouldn't be able to afford it!

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit UltraDork
4/5/21 9:18 p.m.

I want to see what trickles down to 3/4 ton stander cab 8 foot box trucks in a few years.

I would home the cost  will come wayyyyy down.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
4/5/21 10:40 p.m.

I'm more interested in what it means for available crate motors and batteries :) Hummers have never turned my personal crank, so to speak.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/5/21 10:42 p.m.

Out of my price range, but yes, I am excited about this, Lordstown, Rivian, and Alpha. And whatever Ford is coming out with soon. This is the most exciting time in the advancement of cars in my lifetime. 

I do wish they had picked a different name though. Hummer="That Guy" to me. 

Driven5
Driven5 UltraDork
4/5/21 11:11 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Perhaps something that would fit in/under an old Land Rover or Range Rover?

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
4/6/21 5:32 a.m.

Gross. Too much disgusting H3 vibe 

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) UberDork
4/6/21 6:43 a.m.

I'm not excited about the luxo electric truck market but I am excited to see how this trickles down to more mainstream products.

And besides, who wouldn't be excited about an electric hummer? devil

STM317
STM317 UberDork
4/6/21 7:32 a.m.

I kinda dig it. The specs are pretty impressive. The SUV looks much better to me than the truck, at least in the photos that we've seen.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
4/6/21 7:33 a.m.
Driven5 said:

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Perhaps something that would fit in/under an old Land Rover or Range Rover?

Perhaps :) There's actually a company in the UK that does a range of EV conversions on classics and they have a Series IIa underway now after finishing a D90. I haven't seen the tech specs on how they're motivating the rigs, just "Tesla powered". 

Crxpilot
Crxpilot Reader
4/6/21 11:42 a.m.

I'd be interested in those wheels as "take-offs" for my Suburban

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/6/21 11:54 a.m.

No interest.  I just don't get the whole "titanic on the outside, tiny on the inside" thing.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
4/6/21 12:18 p.m.

I'm excited about half the power at half the price with three rows in a minivan.

Wait. I am excited for this

2024 Volkswagen ID.Buzz Microbus: What We Know So Far

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
4/6/21 12:21 p.m.

VW has been teasing us with the return of the VW Van for at least 20 years. I'm not going to believe it until I see one on the floor of my local dealer.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
4/6/21 12:52 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

VW has been teasing us with the return of the VW Van for at least 20 years. I'm not going to believe it until I see one on the floor of my local dealer.

I don't care who makes it, just give me an EV van that has that sort of range and I'm in.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
4/6/21 2:01 p.m.

I was just laughing at the fine print on the commercials of, "All images computer generated. Actual vehicle not pictured."

infinitenexus
infinitenexus HalfDork
4/8/21 7:53 a.m.

I think it's incredibly ugly, however it'll be neat to see how it performs off-road.  And as others have said, when that technology works its way down, that'll be extra interesting.

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/8/21 7:59 a.m.

I don't care for it, but I'm intrigued by it and look forward to seeing it in the flesh, especially the running gear.  On the down side once it's launched I fear it will be 1997 again and every trophy wife will want one, just as happened with H1's and it will make parking down town a nightmare as they line up outside Yoga and Pilates studios.  

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
4/8/21 8:00 a.m.

I think the tires indicate just how important off-road capability is. Or the fact that the truck is posed in a freshly plowed parking lot. Jeep is giving EVs lip service with their latest Easter Jeep Safari show truck but at least there would be a chance it would be capable off-road.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
4/8/21 8:23 a.m.
tuna55 said:
Keith Tanner said:

I don't care who makes it, just give me an EV van that has that sort of range and I'm in.

Right?! The Pacifica Hybrid is close, but still pricey and I'd rather not deal with hauling that gas engine around. Not to mention FCA build quality....

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
4/8/21 8:56 a.m.
Tom Suddard said:
tuna55 said:
Keith Tanner said:

Right?! The Pacifica Hybrid is close, but still pricey and I'd rather not deal with hauling that gas engine around. Not to mention FCA build quality....

We've been almost satisfied with our nonhybrid Pacifica. If there were an EV van for nearly the same price with that sort of range I'd be in.

I'm with you though, one of the biggest gains of being an EV is that they have lot fewer systems to go wrong. A hybrid has that many systems, plus EV systems, packed into the same car with the same number of engineering hours as an ICE or an EV but with 40% higher parts count. Pass. An EV only three row 300 mile range van? In. I don't even care if they go with an SUV architecture first, just give me three rows and that range. I can't stand the Hummer bling nor price though.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/8/21 9:00 a.m.
Tom Suddard said:
tuna55 said:
Keith Tanner said:

Take a precious gem GC/T&C, rip out the powertrain & replace with electric propulsion system of your choice, forgo the Stow-n-Go in favor of battery storage, and end up with a relatively modern electric-powered people-mover without any of the drivetrain problems that originally plagued the vehicle?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UberDork
4/8/21 9:01 a.m.
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm not excited about the luxo electric truck market

Pretty much this.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9gS3i1HDGlV3nIx8SiIjgzs2IXJ87NIqNT8vesftT4zawi1nqaXD0C7UiPVEhYO4