1 2 3
TJL
TJL New Reader
4/13/18 1:54 p.m.

Maloof reminds me of the old douche dad from orange county choppers. In no way is that meant to be a compliment. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/13/18 2:26 p.m.

I'm not too worried about the mazda. Abel is a legend. Hes hooked up, guaranteed 

RealMiniParker
RealMiniParker UberDork
4/13/18 3:15 p.m.

Did they intentionally pick supercar owners that are douchenozzles? I've watched into ep4, and with the exception of chrome Lambo, they've been douchenozzles. Chrome Lambo guy is just so over-the-top ridiculous, he gets a pass.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/13/18 6:14 p.m.

In reply to RealMiniParker :

Theres one other that's actually super cool. 

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
4/13/18 7:49 p.m.

The supercar owners aren't so much douchebags as they are over-the-top personalities, except Ferrari lady, she's pretty nice.  I suspect that the producers picked these characters on purpose just to get us talking (it worked). The chrome Lambo guy started off really poorly but he was the first to admit his mistake and congratulate the winner of his race.

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
4/15/18 3:28 p.m.

I'm on episode 4 right now. Chrome lambo guy...yeah.

I'm loving the show though, I think it's pretty well done and definitely not bs West Coast Customs fake drama. Liking the back stories, happy the T Bird won for the memorial car.

But "sleeper" with giant slicks, no exhaust, blower sticking a foot through the hood? So far the minivan looked like a sleeper.

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ Dork
4/15/18 5:04 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

I have no experience making a show. At all. But when the Roadkill guys showed up for One Lap they had a camera crew of four, their own van, and probably $100k in cameras. That's all just shooting raw footage. My friend just had Discovery shoot for a show at his rally school and he said the crew was about the same. Opened my eyes to the fact that what we're used to seeing on TV isn't just some dude with a handycam editing in his living room. 

But I do want to see a Challenge show. laugh

But oddly, as witnessed by several of the channels on YouTube, the guy who IS using a handycam and editing in his living room, is sometimes getting 99% the quality as Motor Trend OnDemand.  And with no shameless plugs.  They can keep MOD.  I'm not paying a nickel to see FryBurger and gang.  Too much really good content for free.

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ Dork
4/15/18 5:11 p.m.

I'm up to episode 2.  I'd usually be all behind the home builts but the Lambo driver seemed more down to earth and less pretentious than the "sleeper" drivers.  I also felt like the Big Booty Judy driver kind of acted like a dick.  Glad they all lost.

Indy-Barely Functional-Guy
Indy-Barely Functional-Guy SuperDork
4/15/18 5:12 p.m.

I tuned in and watched based on the initial comments at the beginning of this thread.  I watched the first two episodes.  I won't be watching any more.

Cool cars, I like the concept but HATE the drawn out manufactured drama.  Give me Roadkill or Roadkill Garage (real stuff) over the false made up drama any day.

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
4/15/18 5:51 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Barely Functional-Guy :

I'm not detecting any "drama" though.  It's been here's the car, here's my story if it's interesting like the wheelchair guy in #1 and the memorial T Bird in I think #3.  Watching them work on it, hasn't been any "oh noes this part isn't working I hope it's fixed before the last commercial break".  Got thru #4, that chrome Lambo guy holy E36 M3 I hated him from minute 1.

Ep 2 yellow Lambo kid was less pretentious, but then again it wasn't his car.  He borrowed it from someone he works with on his photo gig or something (which the samples they showed were pretty good actually).

(Ok, ep 5 has a bit of oh noes)

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
4/17/18 8:36 a.m.

First couple of shows I watched the whole thing, then I learned my lesson and start fast forwarding 3/4 of it. Interesting concept, probably doesn't need another season.

I also watched wreck trek taking a $300 cars and driving them through Africa, more drama then necessary, but another Netflix show that was somewhere interesting.

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
4/17/18 6:07 p.m.

My brother was in town last night, and he wanted to watch it. I got the stick outta my ass and enjoyed it for the trashy, Jerry Springer, double-digit IQ E36 M3-show that it is. We enjoyed bagging on the participants; “I wonder if the offices of Lambostern and Lambostein know Italy was an Axis power?”

The Colt was cool.

Scott Hatfield
Scott Hatfield Dork
4/21/18 10:54 a.m.

Is it bad that I like the chrome Lambo Lawyer better than half of the self righteous d-bags they cast for the show? 

Just finished the RX2 episode and I agree... hands down nicest guy on the show. I really couldn't  believe how the electric car guy behaved after trashing the rx2. “Not sure why we collided” “Something broke” “Gee sorry about the car”. 

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
4/23/18 7:11 a.m.

In reply to Scott Hatfield :

The Lambo Attorney probably told him never to admit fault lol. 

daeman
daeman Dork
5/13/18 5:10 p.m.

Binge watched it all yesterday on a rainy Sunday... Not bad at all, but sleeper was not a term i would apply to most of the cars.

The guy with the rat rod did well for himself and had a cool setup, it was good to see him make the most of his situation and overcome what would have been an insurmountable obstacle to alot of others. 

Gutted to see Abel's rx2 hit, that thing was quick and looked almost bone stock from the outside, I really wanted to see how that thing went against opposition.

As others mentioned... The finale on dirt wasn't ideal ... You could see people taking the boot out of their ars because traction was a pretty big issue... Hardly surprising that an awd with launch control won under those circumstances

Cooter
Cooter HalfDork
5/17/18 10:13 a.m.

I really had a difficult time watching it. And for all the manufactured drama, it sure looked like the guy in the wheelchair lost his GF after the race in the last episode. 

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Mod Squad
1/24/19 6:32 a.m.

zombie canoe, post deleted

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Vq8AdeEybsj0C0YaZqfA9Wfhk6ePgYcbpsxRPmt2euBuETkUtWmB1vB4M2fJdCKK