1 2 3
oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
8/16/10 12:41 p.m.

I usually like colors I don't have at the time. Right now I've got too much silver/kahki going on - but I do have some cosmic green to mix it up a bit. There was a news bit a few years ago that some auto mfgs. selected paint palettes based on the trends of women's underwear colors.

grimmelshanks
grimmelshanks Reader
8/16/10 12:49 p.m.
Kia_racer wrote: Give me "Arrest Me Red"!!

sure thing, tanner

Apexcarver
Apexcarver SuperDork
8/16/10 12:57 p.m.

Growing up my family really liked dark green cars, we had a 68 mustang, 91 aerostar, and 98 blazer that were all green. The cars that we got with other colors were because of deals where we could not specify the color (grandma giving us her old car).

Lately I have been finding that I really like white cars for a few reasons. Ease of hiding blemishes and comfort in the summer sun being high on the list.

grimmelshanks
grimmelshanks Reader
8/16/10 1:06 p.m.

also, i like camo. but not greenery camo, i want the black grey and orange camo that doesnt blend in with anything, and i want it on an rx7

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
8/16/10 1:12 p.m.
cxhb wrote: I HATE red... and 2 of the 3 cars I have ever owned were red.

Ditto. And i own THREE red cars right now. FML.

JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
8/16/10 1:15 p.m.

I used to have all black cars....seemed like I attracted too much unwanted attention, so I switched to all white.So far...so good.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
8/16/10 1:41 p.m.

I guess I'mm prejusticed towards Nitro Yellow Green Neons. Maybe because I have two of them.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar Reader
8/16/10 2:19 p.m.

I roll with the Stones & Paint it Black.

Most of my vehicles are painted black or at some point will be painted black. However there are a couple candy red in the collection, a metallic blue, an old man tan, hot rod grey primer, and a metallic grey.

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
8/16/10 3:06 p.m.

my Ti is Calypso Red (a pretty and pretty unknown BMW colour) the Saab is about to Hyundai's Dark forest Green my Fiat will be Porsche RS blue

Other cars have been:

Hyundai Tiburon: Dark forest Green

Hyundia Excel: Black (rather rare on a 1st gen)

Fiat spider: Sprint Blue (with black "fiat spider" along the sills)

Fiat Spider: Red

Fiat Spider: Red

Fiat x 1/9: metallic maroon/Black

Lancia Scorpion: Gold (I think they all came in that colour)

Porsche 911: Orange (it was a 72)

Porsche 914: Yellow

VW Superbeetle: Gold

VW Superbeetle: Tan/Beige

VW beetle: Red

VW beetle; Blue

Minicooper: Yellow (it was the screaming yellow zonker after all.. yes.. THAT Screaming Yellow Zonker)

Austin Healy Sprite (mk1): red

Other than the tan/beige Superbeetle... none of my cars have been boring

patgizz
patgizz SuperDork
8/16/10 3:29 p.m.

corvette grand sport admiral blue and subaru rally blue are my two favorite car colors

RexSeven
RexSeven Dork
8/16/10 3:38 p.m.

Shape matters as to what I think looks good on a car. I like gunmetal gray or dark blue on boxy cars, while wedge-shaped cars look good in white. White on a boxy car makes it looks too much like a home appliance on wheels to me, though OTOH it makes a nice color for a sleeper (i.e. white Evo VIII RS minus the wing).

I don't like flashy colors like red or yellow. I got followed by the police constantly in my old red '98 Impreza coupe. For some unfathomable reason the Flacco yellow paint on my turbo RX-7 gets compliments, but I can't stand it. Too ricey.

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam Dork
8/16/10 3:47 p.m.

Black. End of story. It makes any car look awesome.

Though it is really the worst color in every other way imaginable.

wbjones
wbjones Dork
8/16/10 4:40 p.m.
aeronca65t wrote: I love the silver-blue of classic big Healeys. And, these are the only cars that I actually prefer in a two-tone scheme.

I with aeronca65t on the two-tone Healeys, but I also like the two-tone 'Vette

for me (even though I've 2 black and one mid-night blue car) it's hard to beat Honda Championship White

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
8/16/10 5:45 p.m.

I dont so much care what color my car is, as I cant see it when Im in it. My friends cars, on the other hand...

Joey

Toyman01
Toyman01 Dork
8/16/10 5:54 p.m.

If I'm painting it, white because I suck at body work. Otherwise dark green or yellow please.

SupraWes
SupraWes Dork
8/17/10 4:32 p.m.

White is my fave, love how a nice clean white car looks with a few black accents, also makes any decals stand out and is just all around the best color.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette HalfDork
8/17/10 4:41 p.m.

iris blue

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
8/17/10 5:55 p.m.
Twin_Cam wrote: Black. End of story. It makes any car look awesome. Though it is really the worst color in every other way imaginable.

Correct. Name one car, if you can, that doesn't look good in black. You can't.

Strizzo
Strizzo SuperDork
8/17/10 6:30 p.m.

I'm kinda partial to the dark gray of my last two nissans, but i also loved the sunlight silver on my MS3, after a wash, clay bar, and wax, the paint looked like it was 6 inches thick.

some kinda grey before every color had to have a fancy name

called "Knight Armor"

Hal
Hal Dork
8/17/10 9:26 p.m.

Make mine RED.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
8/18/10 12:32 a.m.

I love black cars but hate the constant cleaning. Red on certain cars is dead sexy, looks miserable on others. I like white a lot on performance sedans and Corvettes. I really enjoy grays not silvers. GM made a lot of cool colors I like...Nassau Blue, Bright Purple Metallic, Sport Gold Metallic, Monaco Orange, and Polo Green. Ford's Grabber Blue and Laguna Seca Blue from BMW get me wet. Limerock Green on the new Genesis sparks my interest as well. And Army Olive Green always wins my heart....

nervousdog
nervousdog Reader
8/18/10 8:38 a.m.
Appleseed wrote:
Twin_Cam wrote: Black. End of story. It makes any car look awesome. Though it is really the worst color in every other way imaginable.
Correct. Name one car, if you can, that doesn't look good in black. You can't.

What about the Chevrolet HHR?

81gtv6
81gtv6 HalfDork
8/18/10 9:27 a.m.

On my DD cars I like white or silver/ gunmetal, blending in is a good thing. On the other hand my Alfa was red so for me it depends on the car but the three popular colors tend to look good on just about anything.

96DXCivic
96DXCivic Dork
8/18/10 9:43 a.m.

I love British racing green and those really loud colors that Dodge painted their muscle cars.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA HalfDork
8/18/10 12:17 p.m.

Nissan makes a color that looks just like dirt. You can go weeks without having to wash the car. That's my favorite color.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cNHBtacKhu9x9FU0Nye3h0HQF7YuRUuCZFw78C8uKUitdXnrWDepo9duVj1f2Z2W