1 2 3
captainzib
captainzib New Reader
8/26/08 1:11 p.m.

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/08/22/2054229&from=rss

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH Dork
8/26/08 1:22 p.m.

Wow I'm sure glad I don't live in the states right now.

I'm sure America's founding fathers would throw a fit about nothing being done about this. Tea costs too much and they start a revolution, the FBI gets the ability to pull searches and spy on a whim and you probably won't see as a much as an organized protest.

captainzib
captainzib New Reader
8/26/08 1:31 p.m.

We should have an O/T subsection for all the reasons this country is going to E36 M3 just so that maybe we can present it to congress in a nice Powerpoint format that will allow the 'tards in power to understand.

In addition to this, I recall failing school systems, 24 hour curfews being ok, and parents expecting the government to do the parenting thing for them...

I know I'm missing a bunch of stuff.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
8/26/08 1:32 p.m.

Bob Costas.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
8/26/08 1:42 p.m.

War on drugs War on terrorism Think of the children Etc

Americans don't care. As long as they think it'll keep them safe, they will support this.

Safety above all else, especially liberty. Better a well kept pet than a wild animal.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/26/08 2:21 p.m.

bush's crazy appointees and their crazy war on terror fervor for the win AGAIN!

Tommy Suddard
Tommy Suddard
8/26/08 4:18 p.m.

ssaryuivfsghuvxdth. ;;2-578@9&?;4:;6ggdcjihvffgggvvi

(encrypted for my protection)

carguy123
carguy123 HalfDork
8/26/08 4:49 p.m.
ignorant wrote: bush's crazy appointees and their crazy war on terror fervor for the win AGAIN!

Yeah, Bush did this too, from 1956 to 1971

atlantamx3
atlantamx3 Dork
8/26/08 6:35 p.m.
Tommy Suddard wrote: ssaryuivfsghuvxdth. ;;2-578@9&?;4:;6ggdcjihvffgggvvi (encrypted for my protection)

A Quote for the "As Seen on the Boards" Section of the mag!

LOL

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/26/08 7:15 p.m.
carguy123 wrote:
ignorant wrote: bush's crazy appointees and their crazy war on terror fervor for the win AGAIN!
Yeah, Bush did this too, from 1956 to 1971

he's the guy in charge and leading all this fervor.

Educate me. Tell me otherwise and how it dosen't lead to him.

If Bush didn't nominate Attorney General Michael Mukasey Then who did?

chaparral
chaparral New Reader
8/26/08 9:24 p.m.

Five more months and we'll be rid of all of this rubbish.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x Reader
8/26/08 9:38 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: Yeah, Bush did this too, from 1956 to 1971

Can't deny that Bush's Administration has been responsible for domestic spying, the creation of the TSA, Prison camps full of people who have never seen a courtroom, etc. A bunch of new steps in the direction of tyranny. More than almost any time in our history.

The Constitution is currently in tatters.

I do blame Bush as does 75% of the country if not more.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
8/26/08 9:46 p.m.
Xceler8x wrote:
carguy123 wrote: Yeah, Bush did this too, from 1956 to 1971
Can't deny that Bush's Administration has been responsible for domestic spying, the creation of the TSA, Prison camps full of people who have never seen a courtroom, etc. A bunch of new steps in the direction of tyranny. More than almost any time in our history. The Constitution is currently in tatters. I do blame Bush as does 75% of the country if not more.

Internment camps anyone?

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Reader
8/26/08 9:55 p.m.

In 1861 George Bush suspended Habeas Corpus.

integraguy
integraguy Reader
8/26/08 9:59 p.m.

What do folks expect from the administration of a former Texas governor?

Texas, the state where criminals of any marginal mental capacity are executed.

I've been watching vintage Mission Impossible and Twilight Zone episodes recently. I would like to see Dick Cheney "hustled" a la Mission Impossible into a plastic surgeon's office where his face and fingerprints are "swapped" for those of a notorious, yet uncharged, "terrorist" and then he's "released" near some Iraqi military checkpoint. In other words, put him in the same place he's put many other people...some guilty and some innocent.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
8/26/08 10:20 p.m.

So wait, because we did something rotten 70 years ago (camps) or 130 years ago (habeus corpus) it's OK to do it now?

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
8/26/08 10:31 p.m.
Tim Baxter wrote: So wait, because we did something rotten 70 years ago (camps) or 130 years ago (habeus corpus) it's OK to do it now?

Nope, just responding to the earlier post claiming things are worse than they have every been.

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
8/26/08 10:51 p.m.

I am just waiting for the "attack" that will allow Bush to declair a state of emergancy so they can suspend the election and leave him in office indefinetly

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/26/08 10:52 p.m.

Internment camps...

Shhhhhh!

Don't bring that up- FDR was a Democrat!

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/26/08 11:02 p.m.
Osterkraut wrote: In 1861 George Bush suspended Habeas Corpus.

I didn't think he was that old.

Wowak
Wowak Dork
8/26/08 11:27 p.m.

Welcome to the new Roman Empire.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Reader
8/27/08 12:09 a.m.
SVreX wrote:
Osterkraut wrote: In 1861 George Bush suspended Habeas Corpus.
I didn't think he was that old.

Oh, I ment John McCain. Sorry, they're so alike it's easy to get them confused!

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago Reader
8/27/08 1:23 a.m.

What about Cheney? We all know he is a cyborg so he could also be a time traveling cyborg. I really have nothing useful to contribute here.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Reader
8/27/08 1:32 a.m.
thatsnowinnebago wrote: What about Cheney? We all know he is a cyborg so he could also be a time traveling cyborg. I really have nothing useful to contribute here.

VanillaSky
VanillaSky New Reader
8/27/08 3:43 a.m.

All I have to say is hang low and wait, prepared. The threat isn't a nuke dropped by a foreign country; the threat is being detained for no reason other than they feel like it. I'm as left winged as they come, and hell, I'm considering a firearm purchase in the near future. I know it doesn't really do anything, but hell, it couldn't hurt.

If you read the /. replies, there's a lot of bright minded people in there that seem to see an uprising coming. I'm starting to become one of them. The Mayan calendar thing kind of weirds me out, too. The whole signs of a change for the worse. The Final Destination book(s) that center around a carismatic leader sweeping the nation (Obama). There's just way too many things not sitting right with me. And honestly, I'm losing sleep over it.

Over the past year or two, I've been seeing things like this. Always fringe media reporting it, but usually from credible resources. It's making me want to do something about it, but one person can't do anything. Getting a group together is surely going to bring the attention of the FBI, and would quickly be "dealt with." We're enterring a totalitarian state, and there's nothing we can do until everybody gets fed up with it and takes up arms in mass numbers.

Most civilizations fail after several hundered years. We're close to the end of that mark. America needs a clean sweep. Companies restructure all the time and come out as much more efficient and many times less "evil." This is what the entire government needs.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1HVjZu5AzcpLol2idQNahC0XpUG3kIVHY5aNw39JlUWV922YydU7a4xTli6pTosE