redhookfern
redhookfern Reader
8/25/15 9:02 a.m.

Anyone catch the premier on Sunday? Just got around to watching it last night. I thought it was okay, definitely not the mind-blowing mega effects premier of the Walking Dead when that first came out, but I guess it was expected. I'm a major fan of the comic series so I'm happy for a story line where I'm unable to assume what is going to happen. I do like that this starts at the outbreak, which is usually the best part of the zombie apocalypse story line.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad Dork
8/25/15 9:08 a.m.

Watched it last night as well (DVR rules!) and enjoyed it pretty well. I found the junky kid a bit annoying as he did his very best impression of Johnny Depp but otherwise it looks like a pretty solid show.

nepa03focus
nepa03focus HalfDork
8/25/15 9:26 a.m.

I was waiting to hear how it was before I sit down and watch it. So thank you for this thread

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
8/25/15 9:42 a.m.

It started slow but I think things will start escalating rapidly....I think it will be good.

captdownshift
captdownshift UltraDork
8/25/15 10:53 a.m.

the kid (student) with the Dodger jersey is going to die and that knife could've saved him. The daughter's bf is going to die when he goes tagging.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
8/25/15 12:17 p.m.

I watched it, and I liked it. Completely different feel than TWD has, and it will be interesting to see the chaos of when the outbreak first started. I just wish they explained more of WHY it's happening. They have gone on to say that they will not tell.

stroker
stroker SuperDork
8/25/15 9:14 p.m.

I'm still working on Season 3 of the original. They just took over the prison and the baby was born. I'm trying to figure out what happened to Carol...

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Dork
8/25/15 9:20 p.m.

FTWD is supposed to be a "slow burn" format to focus more on the characters as events unfold. I was bored with the first episode which is not good. Hopefully the 2nd episode will be better.

stroker
stroker SuperDork
12/24/15 9:23 p.m.

Just finished the first season on DVD.

Meh.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
12/25/15 2:35 a.m.

I'll stick to Z Nation.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Dork
12/25/15 7:59 a.m.