dean1484 said:
WildScotsRacingCampbellCougarSeed said:

Last night's can of Beefaroni was decidedly more roni than beef. I was ripped off.

Edit: The fact that I willingly chose to eat a can of Beefaroni is also a Minor Confession.

The real question is did you eat it cold out of the can?   

I had every intention of eating that way, since dinner was still 2 hours away and I needed something really fast because working on my car. Soon as SWMBO heard the can opener from 30 feet away in the living room she said "You put that in a bowl and nuke it, mister". Curses! Foiled again!!!

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/25/18 6:27 p.m.
white_fly said:

Yesterday I was (prematurely) looking at rings with my girlfriend. I found the perfect ring for myself, but it isn't expensive enough...

https://www.amazon.com/Tungsten-Wedding-Women-Comfort-Brushed/dp/B016QSHQUQ/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=1XJ1AG5R5PKR97DYGRHX

Time to by that ring!!!!

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
1/25/18 7:09 p.m.

I didn't want to spend $288 on a socket set to be able to unbolt the seats from a ten year old F-250.  So I ended up spending $430 on three socket sets instead, because I was pissed off at how my 13mm 3/8" drive socket bounces off of bolts instead of removing them, and my area doesn't have a MAC dealer to warranty it.

The problem:  I was already in the mindset that I was about to spend a lot of money, but then realized that I had more important things to concern myself with first, so i spent that money (that I didn't want to spend) on the more important things, because I already had assumed that the money was as good as gone.

Also, now I have to buy socket organizers, because sockets don't come with rails anymore, they come with blowmolded cases, which absolutely suck for things you need to access quickly and often.

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
1/25/18 8:35 p.m.

I have to drive 200 miles roundtrip to my buddy's shop to work on my Mercedes if I wanna put it on a lift. I prettymuch Always wanna put it on a lift.

And to replace trans fluid on our pickup truck. I *could* do that gig in my garage, but since there ain't no drain plug, I just know I woulda been bathing in old trans fluid, trying to lower the pan as I'm layin under it. I*could*, but I don't *wanna*.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
3/2/18 6:59 p.m.

I can't do any junkyard upgrades for my car, because it already has all of the awesomest parts from the factory.

Highest boost, biggest turbo (even the Audi guys want it), best brakes, strongest internals, and so on and so forth.... I can't eBay used parts from a better model.

Dammit.  I'll just have to be happy with what I've got.  Next time I buy a car, I'll have to buy a base model, so I can spend two times the money of buying the best one in buying used parts on eBay trying to polish the turd that I'd bought, so I could feel satisfied in having made the car I bought "better".

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
3/3/18 9:16 a.m.

This is the last weekend before my birthday, so therefore my last opportunity to re-register my cars, and I still have not decided on what my latest car's license plate will be.

(disclaimer:  It's not actually my latest car, but I did buy it in November so it has a previous car's plate on it)

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
3/3/18 9:46 a.m.

I've been sitting on a new phone for a week, waiting for various things to arrive before I activate it. My phones case is still not here, nor is it projected to be next week.

This is almost as hard as not driving a car while making payments on it, because people are (more) stupid in wintertime.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
3/3/18 11:22 a.m.

I modified a Disco Nova front subframe for my 67 Camaro.  Much better suspension angles, and brakes.  Sadly, they didn't have 245/40 16 tires in 1975, so I'm pretty much maxed out on the stock arms to get less than half a degree of positive caster.  I may have to buy one of the dozens of custom control arms available for a reasonable price to solve this issue.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
3/27/18 8:56 p.m.

I was on par to beat my 3 card draw solitaire record, when I suddenly had an epic triple sneeze that incapacitated me for about 4 seconds. Damnit! 2 seconds slower than I needed to beat my time of 1m 50sec.

Casual Six
Casual Six UltraDork
3/27/18 10:08 p.m.

Only the low-beams in my G35 are HID, so the halogen reflector hi-beams are virtually useless.

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
3/28/18 6:09 a.m.

The treadmill is outside in the building. It's only about a 40 foot walk... But it's raining 

wjones
wjones New Reader
3/28/18 12:28 p.m.
nutherjrfan said:

In reply to loosecannon:

Well on that point central American immigrants think all of our toilets are like that on first arrival here. Hence finding used tee-pee beside the commode is not uncommon.

In a lot of places the septic system doesn't handle TP. They throw it in the trash.

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
3/28/18 8:39 p.m.

My local and totally awesome coffee supplier has a batch of Costa Rican VSOBT (Very Superior Old Bourbon Typica)  beans ( I swear I'm not making this up), that I cannot wait to go grab some of and marvel at its yumminess. But the FB post where they made mention of this is dated march 23. And they only imported 120 lbs of it. So it might already be gone... 

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
3/31/18 2:13 p.m.

Sitting here being tortured by which set of ported and polished heads to buy.  Currently being stymied by valve selection...

barefootskater
barefootskater Reader
3/31/18 2:32 p.m.

Work is slow because weekend and doubly slow because holiday, so all I have to do is watch stuff on youtube.

einy
einy HalfDork
4/1/18 5:15 p.m.

The bacon wrapped filet mignon that I grilled for dinner was about 5 degrees too done.   My weekend was completely ruined as a result.

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
4/1/18 7:46 p.m.

Well your weekend might be ruined but mine is saved, for I was indeed able to get some VSOBT!

But I can't decide if it is thaaaaaat much better than their "regular" coffee. Just to get a 1stworld problem in.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill PowerDork
4/3/18 2:51 a.m.
Knurled. said:

I can't do any junkyard upgrades for my car, because it already has all of the awesomest parts from the factory.

You bought a car that was LS swapped from the factory???

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
4/3/18 1:28 p.m.

Waiting for it to be sunny and warm enough for my Miata’s (Car #1) new convertible top to be able to stretch enough to latch, so I can drive it for a bit, and decide if I want to get rid of my daily driver (Car #2) to get some more cash for a downpayment on something else, because I don’t want to daily drive my rallycross car (Car #3).

Wally
Wally MegaDork
4/6/18 8:03 p.m.

I finally have a night I can stay up and catch up on tv but I came home to find that the wife gave away my sofa and the new one won't be here until tomorrow. Now I'm stuck sitting on a folding chair:(

Wally
Wally MegaDork
4/6/18 8:39 p.m.

With the sofa missing Ollie had to improvise.

RevRico
RevRico UltraDork
4/7/18 12:43 p.m.

There's rally cross and a 4wd club trail ride on the same day. I don't know which to do. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
4/7/18 6:13 p.m.

So the Miata has lots of power......might need a bit more grip.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
4/7/18 11:36 p.m.

I almost had to work on my BMW in an unheated garage today.

But then I remembered I have this:

joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
4/8/18 10:20 a.m.
eastsideTim said:

Waiting for it to be sunny and warm enough for my Miata’s (Car #1) new convertible top to be able to stretch enough to latch, so I can drive it for a bit, and decide if I want to get rid of my daily driver (Car #2) to get some more cash for a downpayment on something else, because I don’t want to daily drive my rallycross car (Car #3).

Park it in the sun with a space heater inside, out the top up and the sun and heat will stretch it enough to get it latched. Throw a blanket over the gap at the header to help keep the heat in. It worked for me!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BJkawIeXBb9sB45SRUJ6In7NtQCQXeU0gjVYgjFM0t1MtXJFmsGKnyHpvLx00ILA