1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
4/8/18 10:58 a.m.

I've been on so many flights the past few days that my ears can't keep up and everything is muffled.

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
4/10/18 10:56 a.m.

I can't afford a $600k home

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
4/10/18 2:30 p.m.
FlightService said:

Hell, I refuse to afford a $600K home even though (theoretically) I can afford too, but then I don't live in the DC suburbs.  Maybe your first world problem is really that you live too close to the swamp?wink

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
4/10/18 3:05 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson said:
FlightService said:

Hell, I refuse to afford a $600K home even though (theoretically) I can afford too, but then I don't live in the DC suburbs.  Maybe your first world problem is really that you live too close to the swamp?wink

Check real estate prices in Vancouver.  $600k doesn't buy an empty lot.

Ransom
Ransom PowerDork
4/30/18 10:31 a.m.

Like many GRMers, I've always wanted a lawn tractor. I got all worked up about the new place having a relatively huge lawn, being on a 1/3 acre lot. But by the time the house and future garage are subtracted, I think I probably still can't justify it.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
4/30/18 11:02 a.m.

My challenge Monster is running and driving and has completed a couple of autocrosses.  But i just don't like it very much and will be happy to see it go.

slowride
slowride Dork
4/30/18 11:10 a.m.

My dentist caught my tongue with the diamond tip drill while grinding my tooth down for a crown. So now I have stitches in my tongue.

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
4/30/18 11:33 a.m.

The ending to "Infinity War" sucked.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/30/18 11:43 a.m.
slowride said:

My dentist caught my tongue with the diamond tip drill while grinding my tooth down for a crown. So now I have stitches in my tongue.

Would you mind telling me who your dentist is? As we're in the same area, and I'm looking for a new dentist I'd like to avoid that one.

docwyte
docwyte SuperDork
4/30/18 11:54 a.m.

In reply to slowride :

Sorry to hear that!  Not a comfortable thing, I try like hell to keep that from happening...

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
4/30/18 12:04 p.m.
mtn said:
slowride said:

Would you mind telling me who your dentist is? As we're in the same area, and I'm looking for a new dentist I'd like to avoid that one.

I can't imagine many dentists have a perfect record of things like this.  Mistakes happen.

slowride
slowride Dork
4/30/18 12:45 p.m.

I'll try to PM you, I'm not trying to shame the guy or anything, but at this point I wouldn't totally recommend the guy anyway. This is only my third appt with him, and the first time he's worked on my teeth. He was recommended by my old dentist (who retired). I do like the hygienist better than my old one.

Honestly it wasn't as bad as it sounds. It's been only 4 days and I barely notice the stitches.

NickD
NickD UltraDork
4/30/18 12:52 p.m.

My Rotrex supercharged BP Miata is up and running and it's already scared the E36 M3 out of me. But my first world problem is that Rotrex superchargers just don't sound very cool. They sound like a noisy A/C compressor at idle.

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
4/30/18 7:51 p.m.
NickD said:

My Rotrex supercharged BP Miata is up and running and it's already scared the E36 M3 out of me. But my first world problem is that Rotrex superchargers just don't sound very cool. They sound like a noisy A/C compressor at idle.

Get a louder exhaust.  wink

hotsauce
hotsauce New Reader
5/1/18 7:57 a.m.

Buying a reusable coffee cup because it seemed like a good idea.

Then having to carry it around with you.

NickD
NickD UberDork
5/1/18 8:46 a.m.
kazoospec said:
NickD said:

Oh, the exhaust is plenty loud. I just kinda wish it made the supercharger noises of a positive-displacement blower

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
5/2/18 3:19 p.m.
NickD said:
kazoospec said:
NickD said:

Oh, the exhaust is plenty loud. I just kinda wish it made the supercharger noises of a positive-displacement blower

My Camaro with the 142 roots blower makes a cool noise, but not the one I expected since it is driven by a 10 groove V belt, not a toothed belt. 

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
5/2/18 5:58 p.m.

Having to put another differential in the 'V'  on my dime angry

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 SuperDork
5/2/18 7:18 p.m.

Buying a car from Copart that is listed as "runs and drives", yet I suspect that the engine may be toast. frown

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
5/3/18 6:02 p.m.

Today IL that there are two cities in upstate NY that are on the cheap to retire list.      Detroit is also there

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
5/3/18 6:07 p.m.

OOPS,    Meant it for TIL page

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
5/6/18 10:59 a.m.

My Mirror's Edge 2 save file got corrupted even though it uses 2 rotating save files as a backup. I lost a E36 M3load of progress since the last full system backup, including near-impossible delivery challenges, a bunch of gridnodes and the brutal museum fight. All because the system crashed while I was trying to get the high-end RAM to run at the speed it was supposedly specified for.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
5/6/18 11:37 a.m.

My back and legs are sore after loading a semi trailer with 864 cases of non-perishable foods from our church's food drive.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
5/6/18 9:29 p.m.

I have four fun street cars, but only one ass.  I like all of them for different reasons.  I also have two more projects that will end up being fun street cars.

I should sell some of my fun street cars, but I can't decide which ones.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
5/7/18 11:28 a.m.

Behold!   The four-assed monkey!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4S3ik6oAgrBXMNbXIHp5zQFXyQ1KnMIBalq4rEfp5WjvFjGEecq4rDccFyJ04Q7G