RevRico
RevRico UberDork
9/29/18 11:54 a.m.

Good to see my old boss is still up to his old tricks. Business is down? Smaller portions, higher prices, and lower quality ingredients will fix that!

This is a first World problem because I spent $25 on sushi for brunch expecting it to be as good as it always was, and it sucked worse than frozen sushi. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
9/29/18 12:21 p.m.

Stock car racing season finale today.  It's hard to get heat in the tires at 4C.

Edit: Snow in hotlaps.  Really?

Edit 2: I'm cold.  I should put on a few more layers of nomex.

Final edit: It's possible to be cold in a race car in three layers of nomex.  That fact had never, ever crossed my mind before yesterday. Nonex head sock and full face helmet makes for a damn fine toque, though.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
10/3/18 7:34 a.m.

My first world problem.  The ignition switch on my Porsche is failing, but I can't drive my Volvo as it's on jack stands getting new suspension. while the wife drive my company car and my daughter drives my second company car.

Generic FWP.  The 10 seconds it takes phones to connect to Bluetooth when you get in your car really interrupts the flow of conversation.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
10/3/18 7:39 a.m.

I need to put the Accord together and get it off the lift so I can create room in the garage for building materials for the kitchen. 

I have too many extra running driving cars to be motivated to do it otherwise. 

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
10/3/18 7:43 a.m.

After having to flip between the Bears game and the Roval on Sunday, I realized that I need a second TV in my garage.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/3/18 8:07 a.m.

Oy!  Bought a reman Magneto for the motor glider, had an A&P/IA supervise the installation and timing (he has the skill and equipment and signs the logbook).  Once in and happy, I offered to button things up, route the spark plug wires, zip tie the thermocouples etc. 

I'M AN IDIOT !!!   Forgot to disconnect the battery cables.  A wrench touched the mag lead and engine cradle at the same time, SPARK!

Rats.   Toasted the points, condenser or the entire Mag.  As with all electrical components, once it leaves the store, it's yours.  My sock drawer stash is getting waaaay low.

New Mag is $1350., Reman is $850 + $500 core charge. (if your core is NFG you pay). 

mazdeuce - Seth
10/3/18 12:24 p.m.

The Accord was too high on the lift for me to put the hood up and unbolt the shocks. I needed to push the button to lower it. sad

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
10/3/18 1:13 p.m.

nothing in this picture runs and drives.

And we have almost all the parts. Just lacking time

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy SuperDork
10/3/18 4:00 p.m.

I.ve got an 800+ credit score, am trying to buy a house with half down, and the bank is still giving me the run around. The house was being sold As Is, I agreed to that, told the bank, and they are still trying to make the seller fix stuff. The solution may be that I have to hire out work I planned to do myself. 

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
10/3/18 4:22 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Send me the Vette and the Duster along with whatever parts you have for them.

I'll get them both going and sent back to you within, oh, say 5 to 10 years. 15 tops! I'll drive them until I'm sure I have everything just right!

I'll even pay the shipping! devil

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
10/3/18 4:23 p.m.

In reply to wheelsmithy :

Or find a new bank yes

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
10/3/18 4:32 p.m.

The AC in my corvette stopped working. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
10/3/18 5:13 p.m.

In reply to SaltyDog :

Duster is the plan for this weekend. At least until it pisses me off. Then ill attack the vette ignition issues.....

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
10/4/18 7:59 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

It's always good to have the option to be able to walk away from one project to cool down and still be productive on another.

I know I've destroyed a couple of projects because they got to me and I wasn't smart enough to walk away long enough to cool down.

I've grown quite a bit since then.smiley Heck I haven't thrown a wrench in over 30 years!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
10/4/18 8:49 a.m.
wheelsmithy said:

I.ve got an 800+ credit score, am trying to buy a house with half down, and the bank is still giving me the run around. The house was being sold As Is, I agreed to that, told the bank, and they are still trying to make the seller fix stuff. The solution may be that I have to hire out work I planned to do myself. 

start an LLC, stated business purpose "anything LLC's can legally do in this here state", then hire yourself.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
10/4/18 1:43 p.m.

I have too many toys in my office 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/8/18 1:04 p.m.

I've been killing time internet window shopping, and now I really want a new car.  Or 3.

Cadman5
Cadman5 New Reader
10/8/18 1:44 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

The Accord was too high on the lift for me to put the hood up and unbolt the shocks. I needed to push the button to lower it. sad

Still liking your MaxJax? I've got one also and love it, but find the max height to be just a little low to comfortably sit on a stool under it.

gunner
gunner HalfDork
10/8/18 9:16 p.m.

Last weekend I had to back the Corolla down the driveway to get the BMW out for cars and coffee. I left the corolla where it was and when my daughter came home from work she parked behind the BMW because the Corolla was kind of in her spot. Sort of blocked my wife's car in the garage by doing that. Fortunately, my wife was able to maneuver around my daughter's car to get out for work this morning. I keep my work van parked on the street to avoid this chaos. when I got home from work today I moved my corolla back up behind the BMW so my daughter had her place to park back. Moving all these cars around is hard.  Does anyone want to buy a Corolla and a BMW?

mazdeuce - Seth
10/8/18 9:58 p.m.
Cadman5 said:
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Still liking your MaxJax? I've got one also and love it, but find the max height to be just a little low to comfortably sit on a stool under it.

Love it. I do most of the undercar stuff laying on my back with the car on the lower stops. Laying down under a car relaxes me. 

Suprf1y
Suprf1y UltimaDork
10/8/18 11:04 p.m.

We had Thanksgiving at my place on the weekend and everybody brought something.

Now I have a fridge full of leftover smoked brisket, smoked prime rib, pork ribs, KFC and only two of us living in the house.

I don't know what I'm going to do

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
10/9/18 7:16 a.m.
Suprf1y said:

We had Thanksgiving at my place on the weekend and everybody brought something.

Now I have a fridge full of leftover smoked brisket, smoked prime rib, pork ribs, KFC and only two of us living in the house.

I don't know what I'm going to do

Damn, it's so cold in the frozen North you need to have thanksgiving this early!!  LOL.

Just teasing.  I remember unwittingly going camping in a Provincial park on Canadian Thanksgiving weekend.  We expected the place to be empty being late in the season.  We had no idea.  Worse was they had an alcohol ban in the camp ground for the weekend and if you didn't voluntarily hand over your booze they would search your car or turn you away.  Thankfully they believed a family with two young kids and my in laws in tow didn't look like trouble makers so we fobbed them off with a single bottle of wine.  We had more, but we aren't the loud party type so we still had a few over the weekend.  The ban wasn't effective for anyone else either, there were plenty of loud parties going on.

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
10/9/18 8:27 a.m.

I have to drive a hunnert miles to my pal's shop so I can install a heater control valve in my Mercedes. The butt warmers are almost good enough by themselves but not quite. 

jharry3
jharry3 Reader
10/9/18 8:33 a.m.

Cat threw up this morning.  I left it for the maid to clean up...

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
10/9/18 12:36 p.m.

In reply to jharry3 :

That's a funny name for your dog.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LnHp7dKkdKuJ0NxsWkBd3EGGaN5Czlq64LJ4D90olDjMS8LZDIrevV8WqzKhlsMK