Greg Smith
Greg Smith Dork
3/9/20 12:30 p.m.
Toyman01 said:

In reply to Greg Smith :

It's a Crown Vic. It's almost always coils or water around the plugs. With two 4.6s in the family I always keep a spare coil on the shelf. 

Turned out it was high temp sensed in one of the heads from the prolonged idling. Weird!

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
3/9/20 2:06 p.m.
Mndsm said:

I've been looking at cars. Lots of them. My biggest problem? I see a car I like, and realize what sort of guys around here drive that car (jeep, charger, Challenger, Camaro...all sorts of that guy) and I don't want the car because I don't want to be that guy. Problem is, I'm already that guy. I'm pretty big, have a giant beard, and I drive trash. At a glance I am the definition of that guy. 

You still get to chose whether you will act like a shiny happy person or not. 

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
3/15/20 11:36 p.m.

All my usual meme sites are flooded with camero virus crap. 

2002maniac
2002maniac Dork
3/16/20 10:13 a.m.

I'm working from home and really miss my 3 monitors and 3D mouse

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill PowerDork
3/16/20 10:28 a.m.
2002maniac said:

oh god, multiple monitors.  I'll never be able to go back.  I dont know how I made it this long without them.

Shadeux
Shadeux HalfDork
3/16/20 3:22 p.m.

My '95 Miata runs like a top. Why do I have an urge to put carbs on it?

I'm cursed at wanting to do mechanical things for stupid reasons.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
3/16/20 3:32 p.m.

as Janis said......

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?
My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends.
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
So Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?

Stay safe

Stefan
Stefan MegaDork
3/16/20 3:34 p.m.
Shadeux said:

My '95 Miata runs like a top. Why do I have an urge to put carbs on it?

I'm cursed at wanting to do mechanical things for stupid reasons.

because you hate yourself and hate having working vehicles?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
3/16/20 5:04 p.m.
2002maniac said:

This has been a struggle for me today.  I put off my cad work, but even standard office tasks are nearly impossible without multiple monitors or at least a widescreen

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
3/16/20 10:09 p.m.

A true first world problem :  I took too long to find a good Dr. Strangelove gif and ECM locked the thread sad  Now I'll have to post it there.

Edit:  And it doesn't work.  Another first world problem!

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
3/24/20 5:19 p.m.

With Covid our house cleaner obviously canceled.  We've just discovered that we appear to not own a mop and bucket for cleaning hard floors.  How can a family a)not own such a basic tool and b)not realize they don't own one? First world problems!

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy UltraDork
3/24/20 6:09 p.m.

The stores are out of toilet paper.

daeman
daeman Dork
3/24/20 10:46 p.m.

My butcher was all but cleaned out the other day so couldn't do my weekly shop till the following day..... Had to settle for eye fillet for dinner that night because that's the only thing he had 2 pieces left of and I didn't want to cook 2 different things for my partner and I

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
3/25/20 7:53 a.m.

After 4-5 years of service my iPhone 6S plus is finally crapping out.  I decide to pull the trigger and get an 11 with 128 gigs in super sexy red.

Aaaand the store doesn't have them in stock so it has to be mailed to me.  Should arrive saturday.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/25/20 8:00 a.m.

My new intake is delayed in shipping. I was really looking forward to porting it. 

Sonic
Sonic UltraDork
3/25/20 9:35 a.m.

We are buying a lightly used Mercedes E400 wagon that is in CA, we are in PA.  Due to the current situation I probably am going to have to ship it rather than fly and drive, which is a shame as the drive home would have let me visit the last of the lower 48 states I have yet to visit.  

Wally
Wally MegaDork
3/27/20 8:35 p.m.

My dry cleaner has decided he's not essential. I'm going to be out of starched shirts about halfway through the apocalypse. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa HalfDork
3/31/20 8:39 a.m.

What-A-Burger, the only fast food I really like, emailed me a coupon for a free burger.

The nearest WAB is (I think) 2+ hours away.

BenB
BenB Reader
3/31/20 9:42 a.m.
Mr_Asa said:

What-A-Burger, the only fast food I really like, emailed me a coupon for a free burger.

The nearest WAB is (I think) 2+ hours away.

Lucky. The closest one to me is 6+ hrs away. Fortunately, I'm only 10 minutes from a Char-Grill, which is actually better.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
3/31/20 10:04 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson said:

With Covid our house cleaner obviously canceled.  We've just discovered that we appear to not own a mop and bucket for cleaning hard floors.  How can a family a)not own such a basic tool and b)not realize they don't own one? First world problems!

Because the world has moved on to swiffering. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
4/3/20 3:02 p.m.

I’ve committed to buying another car.  I can afford it, but there is no room left to park it, unless I start street parking, or (worse yet) start parking in the backyard on the grass.  I could sell off something, but I really don’t want to do that, either.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
4/3/20 3:07 p.m.
mtn said:
Adrian_Thompson said:

Because the world has moved on to swiffering. 

My house doesn't have any carpet in it and I havent used a mop and bucket in many years.  I don't know if I have one.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
4/3/20 4:14 p.m.

I love my Swiffter 

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/3/20 4:20 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

I’ve committed to buying another car.  I can afford it, but there is no room left to park it, unless I start street parking, or (worse yet) start parking in the backyard on the grass.  I could sell off something, but I really don’t want to do that, either.

Story of my life.  And why my big van is parked at my mother's house... frown

Peabody here
Peabody here UltimaDork
4/3/20 4:23 p.m.
Wally said:

I love my Swiffter 

Mrs P wanted one and I said no way, you're not buying one. Aside from being wasteful,  it's going to get expensive throwing those things in the garbage every time you use it.

She bought one anyway, used it a handful of times and it sits in the basement because she hates it.

Whatever it cost me is worth double every time I see it and get to look at her with that I told you so face

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LvvfB2seRb6fYkQzVlxzBqjI5stoWg8sndhdHCJVbz12SoCkNA3r34xI2vcDHyCq