28 29 30
Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
6/9/21 2:24 p.m.

I made the people at Chiptle all confused and flustered by not following the system that was clearly broken.

I placed an online order. Waited. Got tired of waiting. Got in line and told them, "I placed an online order, but this is going to be faster. That okay?"

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
6/9/21 4:02 p.m.

I have 5 cars but I'm sad because I don't have 5000 dollars to spend on a 6th car.

I mean, it's a teal turbo Mercury, can you blame me?

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
6/10/21 9:44 a.m.

I got food poisoning last week and had to miss my trip with my fiance to Florida to visit her parents. Would have been my first vacation in nearly 6 years. Then while she was gone the AC broke.

The silver lining was that it wasn't TOO hot and it ended up not being expensive to have fixed this week.

noddaz
noddaz UberDork
6/10/21 5:16 p.m.

I was trying to watch some anime on Crunchyroll (free version) but between the endless repetition of the same commercials, sometimes the same commercial 3 or 4 times in a row and the dropping out  of the channel on Roku I finally ended up watching the episodes on Youtube without any commercials at all.

*whew*

If that is not a run on sentence I do not know what one is.

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project HalfDork
6/10/21 6:11 p.m.

My work has changed their internet access policy twice in the past year, first they neutered YouTube to restricted mode, now they blocked it all together on the company network.

They also blocked a few other places I frequented.

I hope GRM isn't next, and I hope they don't block MTOD either, because that's how I spend my lunch break (especially now that YT is blocked).

Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
6/27/21 4:08 p.m.

I * wanted* to watch Clarkson's Farm, but all we can get for internet here is hughes/viasat/garbage. So it took ten minutes to get through the intro.

And Elon has yet to see fit to take our money and send us a starlink dish. 

AAZCD (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD (Forum Supporter) Dork
6/27/21 5:23 p.m.
Jay_W said:

I * wanted* to watch Clarkson's Farm, but all we can get for internet here is hughes/viasat/garbage. So it took ten minutes to get through the intro.

And Elon has yet to see fit to take our money and send us a starlink dish. 

I have the same garbage internet at home. I watched Clarkson's Farm at work and tried to show it to my wife last night. She got to see an Amazon ad and a couple minutes of intro before we gave up.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
6/27/21 5:42 p.m.

I have too many motorcycles and not enough garage.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
3/7/22 9:32 p.m.

Dang, I filled up the crack pipe tonight and found the car I want and now the world is crazy.

Dang, I'm too practical to buy it.

Bob Costas   

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
5/19/22 9:19 a.m.

In theory, I'm only 8.5 years out from retirement.  I watch this latest bear market destroying my retirement.  I know dollar cost averaging is supposed to be the safest way to save, but if this turns into 1970's stagflation, I'll be working a lot longer anyway, and should be dropping money on more fun stuff now.  I know a lot of people are way worse off than me, though.

Noddaz
Noddaz UberDork
5/19/22 9:51 a.m.

The fact that the Johnny Depp noise has infiltrated this forum.  no

28 29 30
Birthdays
Our Preferred Partners
CkDe9IfOHv5Vx93jGQAL4KitpYeJLbUFGMHjFZZvIgq0uVuUy07eRYZEx7UD2ZcR