Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
6/9/21 2:24 p.m.

I made the people at Chiptle all confused and flustered by not following the system that was clearly broken.

I placed an online order. Waited. Got tired of waiting. Got in line and told them, "I placed an online order, but this is going to be faster. That okay?"

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
6/9/21 4:02 p.m.

I have 5 cars but I'm sad because I don't have 5000 dollars to spend on a 6th car.

I mean, it's a teal turbo Mercury, can you blame me?

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
6/10/21 9:44 a.m.

I got food poisoning last week and had to miss my trip with my fiance to Florida to visit her parents. Would have been my first vacation in nearly 6 years. Then while she was gone the AC broke.

The silver lining was that it wasn't TOO hot and it ended up not being expensive to have fixed this week.

noddaz
noddaz UberDork
6/10/21 5:16 p.m.

I was trying to watch some anime on Crunchyroll (free version) but between the endless repetition of the same commercials, sometimes the same commercial 3 or 4 times in a row and the dropping out  of the channel on Roku I finally ended up watching the episodes on Youtube without any commercials at all.

*whew*

If that is not a run on sentence I do not know what one is.

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project HalfDork
6/10/21 6:11 p.m.

My work has changed their internet access policy twice in the past year, first they neutered YouTube to restricted mode, now they blocked it all together on the company network.

They also blocked a few other places I frequented.

I hope GRM isn't next, and I hope they don't block MTOD either, because that's how I spend my lunch break (especially now that YT is blocked).

Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
6/27/21 4:08 p.m.

I * wanted* to watch Clarkson's Farm, but all we can get for internet here is hughes/viasat/garbage. So it took ten minutes to get through the intro.

And Elon has yet to see fit to take our money and send us a starlink dish. 

AAZCD (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD (Forum Supporter) Dork
6/27/21 5:23 p.m.
Jay_W said:

I * wanted* to watch Clarkson's Farm, but all we can get for internet here is hughes/viasat/garbage. So it took ten minutes to get through the intro.

And Elon has yet to see fit to take our money and send us a starlink dish. 

I have the same garbage internet at home. I watched Clarkson's Farm at work and tried to show it to my wife last night. She got to see an Amazon ad and a couple minutes of intro before we gave up.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
6/27/21 5:42 p.m.

I have too many motorcycles and not enough garage.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
3/7/22 9:32 p.m.

Dang, I filled up the crack pipe tonight and found the car I want and now the world is crazy.

Dang, I'm too practical to buy it.

Bob Costas   

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
5/19/22 9:19 a.m.

In theory, I'm only 8.5 years out from retirement.  I watch this latest bear market destroying my retirement.  I know dollar cost averaging is supposed to be the safest way to save, but if this turns into 1970's stagflation, I'll be working a lot longer anyway, and should be dropping money on more fun stuff now.  I know a lot of people are way worse off than me, though.

Noddaz
Noddaz UberDork
5/19/22 9:51 a.m.

The fact that the Johnny Depp noise has infiltrated this forum.  no

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
9/20/22 8:48 p.m.

First world problems for sure. 

1. I told the lady at Subway NOT to put jalapeño peppers on my veggie foot long sandwich then I notice it's a bit hot as I'm eating those peppers so I had to scrape them off.  

2. ALDIs sells a bag of spinach leaves for $2.49.  When I ask to leave off the intestine blowing iceberg lettuce and fill it with spinach stop bogarting the spinach.  

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
9/26/22 9:05 p.m.

If an old guy replies to me in all caps we all know he has no clue and that's he's yelling at me. 

Do I automatically reply in caps back?

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
9/26/22 9:27 p.m.
ShawnG said:

I have too many motorcycles and not enough garage.

Your not stacking them in tight enough. I can fit four cars and six bikes in a three car garage and still work around them. 

Its been hot here for a while now and we have electricity shortages every now and then. I want to run the AC but not at 1.00$ a kWh they are charging. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
9/26/22 9:31 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

I stopped going to Subway because the one cater-corner to where I work employs the stingiest most non-sandwich-making mofos on the planet.  Like if you ask for onion, they put three or four little sprigs of onion on a footlong.  No, I want a fistfull of onion on that bastard.

There is a nicer one up the street, but the nice girl who worked there stopped working the lunch shift, and the replacements were morons who wore facemasks as chin diapers (which tells you how long it has been...) and they would do stupid stuff like make a hot meat sandwich (buffalo chicken, oven roasted chicken, etc) by filling up the bread with veggies while the meat was in the microwave, then put the condiments on, THEN put the meat on.  I mean have you EATEN before?  Do you not realize how garbage that is?

The place where I used to go in a different city would make a buffalo chicken sandwich by first mixing the sauce with the chicken before putting it in the microwave.  When they would have chili, they'd put the chili in the sacrificial soup bowl they used for microwaving, because I asked nicely one time and they made it a thing.  Let no Red Hot go to waste smiley

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
9/26/22 10:31 p.m.

Normally I pass on Subway but I need a quick bite that won't blow my guts out in an unfamiliar city.  Subway veggie foot long.   

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
11/5/22 9:26 a.m.

If I was at my old job today would be a 4 hour inventory pre count day.  (Saturday)

Next weekend are two inventory days.  All day Saturday until the auditor approves.  

When counting hose you have to manually run it through a counter to get the footage.  Really slow and tedious.   

Rough life - first world problems.

j_tso
j_tso HalfDork
11/5/22 4:14 p.m.

Stupid piece of lint was inside the camera. nothing a little cropping won't solve.

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
11/7/22 3:26 p.m.

I had to make two insurance claims this week, one from hail the other from wind that place a basketball hoop on my car.  Now my shiny cars will be dent free again.

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
11/8/22 7:49 a.m.

I 'enjoyed' colonoscopy #3 of my life yesterday only to find out my innards didn't sufficiently clear out, so have to get another one next year. sad

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
11/8/22 8:01 a.m.

Apparently, owning a classic means that you now possess a car too low-tech to be understood - carbs are hard

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
11/8/22 11:21 a.m.

I have been TERRIBLE about stagnating, especially at my current job. Sure, I make enough money that I'm comfortable; but I NEED to get my LPN test done before I loose out on the $400 spent to test, and if I do I might make another $4-5 an hour but I'm just not doing it. Gah!

wae
wae PowerDork
11/8/22 11:38 a.m.

Heard the polling place up the road was a mess early this morning.  Decided to go check it out a little before lunchtime.  It's an absolute berkeleying disaster of humanity with the line stretching about 375 feet before you even get to the front door.  So the heck with that, I'll turn around and then try later on after lunch.  There's a fun little chicane on the road off of which I live that includes a bit of an elevation change and has no shoulder, just guardrail on one side and a drainage ditch on the other, both right at the edge of the road.  Some nimrod n a semi decided it was a good idea to try to back in to a driveway that is right there at the top of the turn.  Naturally he wound up completely blocking one lane and part of the opposite one.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
11/15/22 6:18 p.m.

I shattered my phone's camera glass and that means to get pictures on my Instagram I have to use my DSLR and computer instead

wae
wae PowerDork
12/5/22 10:55 a.m.

I bought a shiny new set of inch and metric wrenches with holders.  1 set each of combo and box.  Even if I take every other wrench out of the drawer, there is no way that I can fit these in my current tool chest.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GEmoHIWZYcK4JMxNaudMRbUvGdIEBeEyodsGV6jAEGK9N1SfAK3id7Ve06RQ3XlB