3 4 5 6 7
akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
3/11/17 5:47 p.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote: Whats 94 cents a liter? $4.20 per real gallon. A little under $4 per pretend gallon. Thats what it is here.

It's a loonie ten here in T Bay

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
3/11/17 5:58 p.m.

I don't have any beer so I'll have to settle for an ice cream bar.

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
3/11/17 6:23 p.m.
BlueInGreen44 wrote: I don't have any beer so I'll have to settle for an ice cream bar.

Oh Gods! Sending good vibes your way.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
3/11/17 7:29 p.m.
spitfirebill wrote: In reply to G_Body_Man: Where the hell do you live? I just paid 1.92

Canada. A Crown Vic is still the better choice than the senior at my school who decided that a 3/4 ton Silverado with the Vortec 8100 was a good daily.

Wall-e
Wall-e MegaDork
3/12/17 1:38 a.m.
NickD wrote: I can't remember the last time I had a steak.

I'm off Friday. If I can dig a path to my grill you're welcome to come down from one.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UberDork
3/12/17 1:56 a.m.

Thursday. We grilled steaks for lunch at work, along with baked potatoes, and a fresh garden salad. It was tasty!

My first world problem was that my steak was a bit fatty for my tastes and honestly too big. I wasn't able to finish it.

NickD
NickD SuperDork
3/13/17 5:23 a.m.
Wall-e wrote:
I'm off Friday. If I can dig a path to my grill you're welcome to come down from one.

Tempting, but a bit of a haul for a steak.

DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath SuperDork
3/14/17 2:43 a.m.

I need better tires for my car now that I turned up the boost.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
3/14/17 6:38 a.m.
DaewooOfDeath wrote: I need better tires for my car now that I turned up the boost.

I have wheels and tires in my barn that need cars that I don't own yet.

NickD
NickD SuperDork
3/20/17 8:17 a.m.

Went to Texas Roadhouse with the family yesterday. I'd forgotten how good steak was. Mmmmm

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago SuperDork
3/20/17 2:42 p.m.

I grilled a swordfish steak that weighed over a pound this weekend. I ate the entire thing with some delightful gin and tonics (with the fancy tonic). Then my tummy hurt the next day and I had heartburn.

It was also hot on the airplane I took home from the weekend.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' Dork
3/20/17 2:46 p.m.

I watched Deep Water Horizon on a flight from LAX to DFW last Thursday.

It had all of the nuanced character development & sophisticated plot twists found in that ½ hour Frosty the Snowman special they play every year. Although I was trapped in an aluminum tube at the time, I still want my 99 minutes back.

Seriously, why did they bother making it and how did they lure in a few big names to do it?

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/20/17 3:20 p.m.

Client A offers me a project that will net me a big pile of cash.

Client B offers me a project that will net me a big pile of cash.

Both are great clients. The piles of cash are about equal and the time frame is the same.

I can only get one done in the allotted time frame.

RevRico
RevRico SuperDork
3/20/17 4:19 p.m.

My comcrap Wi-Fi is slower than my sprint 4g

RX Reven'
RX Reven' Dork
3/20/17 4:57 p.m.

Time-Warner recently became Spectrum in my area….not sure if that’s like renaming South Central LA Happy Fun Town or if there is an actual difference but whatever.

It now takes 18 Berking seconds to switch between many channels (yes, I actually measured it…the sample size was only 4 but the standard deviation was <0.5 seconds so I’m calling it)…18 are you Berking kidding me seconds.

Is this to force everyone to buy / rent a DVR or to make everyone sit through commercials or to idle some transmissions until there’s a demand for them?

Has anyone else been slammed with an astronomical channel switching interval???

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
3/20/17 6:20 p.m.

One of the cats is perfectly fine with going into Moby the Road Condo but the other one is terrified to go outside and we're gonna have to get her used to the idea before we take our spring break road trip.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
3/20/17 7:50 p.m.
RX Reven' wrote: Time-Warner recently became Spectrum in my area….not sure if that’s like renaming South Central LA Happy Fun Town or if there is an actual difference but whatever. It now takes 18 Berking seconds to switch between many channels (yes, I actually measured it…the sample size was only 4 but the standard deviation was <0.5 seconds so I’m calling it)…18 are you Berking kidding me seconds. Is this to force everyone to buy / rent a DVR or to make everyone sit through commercials or to idle some transmissions until there’s a demand for them? Has anyone else been slammed with an astronomical channel switching interval???

I think this is to encourage you to drop cable and only use streaming services

Woody
Woody MegaDork
3/20/17 9:40 p.m.
Wall-e wrote:
Woody wrote: I'm worried that I'm going to be asleep when the baby giraffe falls out.
Looks like your giraffe is ready.

Start boiling some water! We need hot towels!!

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UberDork
3/21/17 3:40 a.m.

I spent 4 hours at the shop Monday getting the alignment on the Miata juuuust so. And some other random stuff just right as well. It should be pretty fast this year in autocross.

DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath SuperDork
3/21/17 5:20 a.m.

The porch attached to my bedroom is too big and I filled it with too many tools. It is thus difficult to clean.

Wall-e
Wall-e MegaDork
3/21/17 3:55 p.m.

In reply to Woody:

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
3/21/17 3:58 p.m.

The disposable plastic spoons I get free from the work kitchen are too short to reach the bottom of the jumbo size peanut butter tub I keep in my desk to snack on between my 3 regular meals I eat every day.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
3/21/17 4:04 p.m.

Also, on a more serious note, is anyone else irked by the new Apple iPad Pro commercials?

Seriously? the hashtag is "notblessed"? Howabout "The wonders of first world technology are allowing me to access the entirety of human knowledge, from my bedroom, in my PJs". Or, possibly, "Its great that I am free to study any courses in any discipline I choose because freedom". I think the appropriate hashtag is "blessed-as-berk"

Karoline's tweet reads a whole lot like a spoiled brat complaining that her half caf, non-dairy, soy, chai, triple carmel, venti machiato is too hot. And seriously? Karoline with a "K"? Perchance, is her brother named Colton? Possibly, the "FWP" bunch is their target demographic?

hashtag: suck-it-up-sally

/rant

NickD
NickD SuperDork
3/21/17 4:33 p.m.

In reply to 4cylndrfury:

Is Colton going to be the new forum term for douchebag? Because I feel like I sent us down this path today.

Stefan
Stefan MegaDork
3/21/17 4:41 p.m.

In reply to Nick "Colton" D:

Yeah, whatever, Colton.....

3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mHHdrm5RbyAPaqhfHLy6f1ef5ORslcYKP2GOHWTXAITMSM87KdMHesm6tTuGZ1ND