914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/14/23 3:48 p.m.

Bagel Bites.  Golf ball size ball of bagel dough, roll it 1/4" thick.  In a bowl mix 1 cup soft cream cheese,  1 cup grated sharp cheese and 1 cup diced ham.

put 2-3 Tblsp of mixture on the center of the dough and fold up.  Drop in rapidly boiling water for 1 minute, rest on a greased sheet pan.

Sprinkle with Everything Bagel Topping and bake at 350* until brown.

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
1/31/23 11:38 a.m.

ostrich steak and chicken eggs

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
2/4/23 5:21 p.m.

I did a fried chicken test today. Buttermilk soaked in the left, Greek yogurt on the right. Marinade them from 6pm last night, started cooking at 4pm today. The Greek yogurt ones took a little longer so they're a little darker, and leave a slight sour after taste. 

Plain flour and panko breadcrumbs on both. 

The adults preferred the yogurt, the kids preferred the buttermilk. 

nlevine
nlevine Reader
2/4/23 6:17 p.m.

Full credit goes to the kid for cooking the flat iron steaks - his basting technique is on point. I did the buttermilk mashed potatoes, and the wife did the collard greens and Napa cabbage slaw.

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
2/5/23 5:40 p.m.

slightly over baked khachapuri. Apparently the national dish in Georgia the country, and the cost to make them is their version of the big Mac index. 

Really good, even with a slightly Americanized version because Georgian cheese is hard to find

Sarah Young
Sarah Young Copy & Design Editor
2/9/23 9:45 a.m.
RevRico said:

slightly over baked khachapuri. Apparently the national dish in Georgia the country, and the cost to make them is their version of the big Mac index. 

Really good, even with a slightly Americanized version because Georgian cheese is hard to find

This looks amazing.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/9/23 10:00 a.m.

In reply to Sarah Young :   Kachapuri recipe.  Unfortunately I don't bake well.

But:

In a bowl add 1 can whole cranberry sauce.

1 tsp brown sugar

small sprinkle of ground cloves, mix well.

Butterfly 3 chicken breasts.  Spread half the sauce in the bottom of a baking dish or pie pan.  Lay in the chicken, spread the other half of sauce on top.  Bake @ 350* for 45 minutes. 

(sorry, didn't take any pictures)

RevRico
RevRico MegaDork
2/11/23 3:29 p.m.

Cornbread waffle, pulled pork, cheese, honey butter, corn, some kind of red sauce.

Almost too sweet, and it wasn't served as hot as it should be, but it was still good.

RevRico
RevRico MegaDork
2/18/23 5:29 p.m.

lamb chops with goat cheese risotto

johndej
johndej SuperDork
2/18/23 6:02 p.m.

Irish steak

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/21/23 8:20 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

I wonder how that would be on game day if you replaced the bread recipe with pretzel dough!

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/25/23 10:42 a.m.

Chicken Curry in a hurry.  Recipe calls for one whole roasted chicken as found in some grocery store delis, I baked a breast and 4 thighs instead.

Pretty good, had some for breakfast this morning.  Steamed broccoli because ya gotta have veggies.

RevRico
RevRico MegaDork
2/27/23 7:00 p.m.

I have figured out gugeres. Pate a choux with cheese basically. 

No Time
No Time UltraDork
2/27/23 7:13 p.m.

Decided to exercise the smoker over the weekend. I was lazy and let the pork butt go all night at 225 while I slept. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/7/23 11:17 a.m.

Stuffed Peppers.

The following is for 7 peppers, alter quantities to your needs.

2 lbs. Burger

1 Taco Seasoning envelope

1 medium Onion, diced

6-7 Peppers, gutted & cleaned

28 oz. can diced Tomatoes, drained into bowl

Shredded Cheese topper

Sauce optional

Drain the tomatoes through a strainer retaining the juice separately.    Add all ingredients in the large shallow pan.  Saute' until meat is brown.  Add tomatoes and mix well.   The rice will continue to cook in the oven.  Trim the removed tops removing any bits of Pepper, add this to the pan for color.  Do not drain grease from pan.

Place the peppers in a chafing dish, lasagna pan or Dutch Oven.  Fill the peppers with meat-rice mix, once filled, drizzle juice into each pepper.  Top peppers with a spoonful of spaghetti sauce and shredded cheese.  (spaghetti sauce may be replaced with Salsa or neither).

Bake covered at 350* for 30 minutes, uncover and give it another 15 minutes.

\/  Below:  I grabbed crushed tomatoes by mistake, chunks are better.

stroker
stroker PowerDork
3/7/23 3:53 p.m.

I'm starting to rotate inventory from my chest freezer.  I have a thawing turkey breast.  Anyone know any good recipes for it aside from just roasting it like it's an early Thanksgiving?

RevRico
RevRico MegaDork
3/7/23 4:11 p.m.

In reply to stroker :

Kentucky hot brown

I like to smoke the breast first though. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/8/23 8:10 a.m.
RoddyMac17
RoddyMac17 Reader
3/8/23 11:10 a.m.

Not quite a full Scottish breakfast, but getting close.  I forgot the bacon, haggis and tattie scone, but I still had black pudding, and square (Lorne) sausage.

I need to start keeping black pudding on hand, I forgot how tasty it is.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
3/22/23 9:00 p.m.

Local Pho place.  And a hopeful pup.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/30/23 4:49 p.m.

Sheperd's Pie.

1 lb. ground beef

12 oz, mixed veggies

12oz. jar of Brown Gravy.

1 1/2 - 2 cups instant or real mashed potatoes.

Brown the Beef in a pan, bust up the pieces and then drain the grease.

Add Gravy and the frozen veggies (thawed)

Leave over medium heat until happy,  15 minutes?

Scoop the meat mix into ramikan bowls or about anything oven safe.

Use a spoon or tiny scoop to place potatoes on top - leave a hole in the center for steam.

Bake 400* for about 10 minutes and then under a LOW broiler until spuds brown a bit.

RevRico
RevRico MegaDork
4/11/23 7:12 p.m.

So last month I finally started checking out a bar in town because of their wing night special. Their burger of the month was the "Shirley Jones burger" as she's from here. It's basically a Reuben burger.

Toasted marble rye, caramelized onion, thousand island, and cheese. 

Just because it's no longer on the menu doesn't mean I can't enjoy it. 

RevRico
RevRico MegaDork
4/11/23 7:15 p.m.

How did my brisket not make it inn here?

19 hours. 

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
4/13/23 9:18 a.m.

Fish tacos, these came out great

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
4/13/23 10:30 a.m.

Tonkatsu Raman as prepared by my youngest son. He spent about 4 hours on this one and it was worth every minute. 

20230314_181038.jpg

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tyFGx0ZH9pfip0V0PhCVLkbxkNneEntoS9fwu2E5syMiaC1HzvQAVG7S6DEbsnW2